project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2013-09-06, 06:49   #31
A.Finest
Default Re: [Map] Test Bootcamp (1km) [Released]

a 2km Version of the map deff wont harm, but its gonna take a while to make, and thats time im betting Mineral dont have :P.

Besides that I would prefer a Desert version of the map more than Woodland, if some of you know the good old RT Vehicle Training map, I've spend tons of hours on that, but we've never really seen a desert training map, and honestly thats something I atleast would find really handy, as its two different types of fighting, both Infantry & Asset wise.

So if you feel like continuing the project Mineral, go by a Desert layout next time, and perhaps make it 2km or even 4km to allow usage of helicopters as well, ultimate training map. Can send you refs of what I had in mind etc.. If you want me to.

//A.Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandardSmurf View Post
Geez could we get some server passwords posted? ODS no password info, UN Hunter China no password info, Carolean Legion Training no password info, Canned Catfood says go to the website to find the password ... SO I DID. website link suggested on map info leads to nothing, once on site you need to translate the Japanese, and spent the last hour trying to find the password for their server and cant. Does everything have to be a big stupid secret ? Please provide some passwords. PRTA is not running the map when I have been checking.
The Reason behind this is the fact that the PR Devs have gone strict on the servers license stuff, so we can therefore no longer provide Passwords in Server Names. Otherwise im sure you would've found 1 if not more servers running that map
A.Finest is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 08:11   #32
L4gi
Server Administrator (A-N)

Fantastic map, good job!

On a sidenote: our server is not open to the public, thus you cant find the password.
L4gi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 11:54   #33
Steeps
Supporting Member

On another note, you can always play it on single player without any problems. If you really need multiplayer you can host a LAN server and use Hamachi to connect to the others that want to play.

Steeps is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 23:35   #34
StandardSmurf

"The Reason behind this is the fact that the PR Devs have gone strict on the servers license stuff, so we can therefore no longer provide Passwords in Server Names. Otherwise im sure you would've found 1 if not more servers running that map "
"On another note, you can always play it on single player without any problems. If you really need multiplayer you can host a LAN server and use Hamachi to connect to the others that want to play."

Thank you for responding. Seems like it would do the PR community, especially new players some good to have multiplayer non password training servers for the test airfield and bootcamp. So the DEVs have gone strict on the server license ??? so that = people can't play community maps or what are you talking about? The cooperative server maps used as training really are not as good as playing on test airfield or bootcamp, its just cheapshot bots on one side, and people who want to control you and keep you from being able to practice on the other, at least that has been my experience. No I'm not going to join hamachi to try to pull people onto a lan server, don't got time for that and that idea will never catch on with me or anyone else just wanting to play some PR. Either you have training servers avail to the community, or you don't. Why any DEV or Server would want to prevent everyone from getting to practice in multiplayer is beyond me, sounds like a strange control problem in their head. I suggest re thinking this issue.
StandardSmurf is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 10:10   #35
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

Yeah, the "password in server name" seemed to work really well, distinguished custom map servers from the rest while still keeping them easy to join on... Dunno why that had to go.

lucky.BOY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 15:00   #36
Oddball

Download link seems to be broken
Oddball is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 15:14   #37
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

works for me

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 18:00   #38
rodrigoma

yeah, seems to be an error for me too.
rodrigoma is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 07:41   #39
MrMuscul

I hope this is good map
MrMuscul is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 17:24   #40
saamohod

Is there a way to enable one person operate turrets in tanks and APC swithout the need of a driver present in singleplayer? Or even to add turreted vehicles that can be operated by a single person (as a driver and a gunner at the same time)? That would make a nice difference to me because I want to test vehicles alone on my local server.
Thanx in advance.
saamohod is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
1km, bootcamp, map, released, test