project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2012-12-10, 15:31   #31
MrTomRobs
Default Re: PR Clans The Real Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Col Keith View Post
Diolch yn fawr, Mr Tom Robs. Dywi'n deall. Chi'n iawn. Hwyl rwan.
Haha yes! Roeddwn i'n meddwl fi oedd yr unig siaradwr Cymraeg yma! Gwych i gwrdd ? Cymro arall! Ond ye, dwi meddwl mae clan ABA yn dal yn weithredol, cadewch lygad allan!

Wellach chi ar faes y gad!
MrTomRobs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 16:34   #32
Acemantura

My admins are not allowed to insult random or unfamiliar players. If this happens please submit an Abuse Report here

If you have a question about CIA's admin policy, or would like to see a change, please PM me here or @ CIAGaming.org and I'll see if your suggestion falls in line with the Admin philosophy or if the clan would like to implement it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Spush View Post
I miss TG, haven't really played PR since their PR server went under.
Not so much for me either

Acemantura is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 16:38   #33
Wicca
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTomRobs View Post
Haha yes! Roeddwn i'n meddwl fi oedd yr unig siaradwr Cymraeg yma! Gwych i gwrdd ? Cymro arall! Ond ye, dwi meddwl mae clan ABA yn dal yn weithredol, cadewch lygad allan!

Wellach chi ar faes y gad!
God damn it. English people cant speak english anymore

I always play with people that join my squad. So long as they got a mic and can follow orders.

I do however kick people alone in a squad with sniper kits.... I hate snipers.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 17:17   #34
psychickactivity

Hey Wicca , when do you organise interclan competition?
psychickactivity is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 18:39   #35
MrTomRobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Wicca View Post

I always play with people that join my squad. So long as they got a mic and can follow orders.

Who's english?

Come to think of it Wicca, i've been in plenty of PRTA games and seen you but i don't think i've ever even been on your team! I'll keep an eye out. But from what i've heard you're a solid example of what SLs should be like. And yes, snipers are a damned pain.
MrTomRobs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 18:59   #36
Mikemonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Wicca View Post

They can speak English very well, but tend to speak Welsh when english people are around.. :P
Mikemonster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 19:49   #37
Onil
PR Tournament Management

The way I see it, the issues related to PR servers are divided into 5 parts:

1 - Each server has it own set of rules, sometimes very different. I would prefer if the PR Dev team would make some type of standards that the servers would have to follow, when if comes to rules that are related to gameplay. Admins adapting/creating rules on the spot to suit their needs or rules being enforced depending on the admins interpretation or misunderstandings is one of the main issues I see. I think that anything above a small temp ban should only be enforced the next day, after the admin has cooled off a bit and can reanalyze the situation before making his decision.

2 - Servers run by clans or communities are many times not selective enough when choosing their admins. And even if the admins screw up, friendships usually prevent the lead admin from removing their admin privileges. Same happens when it is the word of a player against the word of an admin, admins always wins, which is a problem when the issue is with/about an admin's attitude or decision. And any admin that is drunk/stoned shouldn't be allowed to use his admin privileges.

3 - No matter how right you might be, if you start insulting, you loose any right you might had. This is for both players and admins.. People don't realize this most of the times.

4 - Any issue being discussed in the clan/server private forum rarely provides an unbiased support since it isn't followed by as many community members that would help to keep the admins honest. Even if an admin made a bad decision it is more common for him not to go back on it then to change it, mostly because he doesn't want to accept/make public that he was wrong.

5 - Server switch rights and reserve slots given to clan/community members hosting the server or supporting it need to be aware of the responsibilities attached to such privileges. One of the most important ones is to keep the teams balanced (numbers and skill) and that sometimes means not playing with your clan mates. In terms of locked squads, I say it depends quite a bit on the squad role and if its a clan training or a normal pubbing session. You can always request to join a locked squad as sometimes the main reason to have it locked is to prevent kits/assets from being stolen or idiots from joining it after being kicked. Ask to join a clan locked squad and if the SL is supportive of the community, he will give a chance to anyone who wants to play within a well organized squad.

That's the way I see the mess of public playing... every server will have its issues, some more than others.
Onil is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 20:14   #38
JimmyKid1996

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Spush View Post
I miss TG, haven't really played PR since their PR server went under.
Unfortunately, same here.
JimmyKid1996 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 20:29   #39
XxZIOIMIBIExX
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTomRobs View Post
I maaaaaay be thinking you missed out on the sarcasm there mate

But i know what you mean! If i didn't have to re-route my house everytime i wanted to play PR i'd have considered joining a clan too. Some of the original guys who created the mod were army as well, and i'm not sure if the ABA clan is still running or not but it might be worth having a look around for them, but seeing as you've since retired you may be out of luck. Either way, i tend to frequent the PRTA and NwA servers and after the first round where you join and everyone's got their own squads sorted out and gelled i tend to have a really good time! Like yourself, i prefer the realism aspect of the game, keeping spacings, watching how many rounds you throw downrange, hell, i even tried to get one of my squads doing a bounding when i SL'd! Didn't work mind...

But even as a pubber i find you can have a great time in some clan squads! If you can get into one during the briefing and convince them on mumble you're not an asshat, they'll treat you pretty well!

On a similar sort of related note, and not meaning to threadjack - what happened to the Universal Teamwork 'I'mnotanasshat' clan symbol - #?

I used to have it on my nametag but i've not seen anyone since using it, so i took it off. Anyone else still a hasher?
i do all kinds of these maneuvers in public games everytime i SL, and they generally work. if the right guys are put together. and if you get real lucky and get some people who KNOW THEIR SHIT!! these tactics can be most effective, and net your squad and team a huge as score

and its just downright fun as hell

but i dont really recall being bullied by admins. but its prolly happened before i just dont remeber over all the GOOD times ive had in PR :P
XxZIOIMIBIExX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 20:56   #40
Spush
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

My Christmas wish for TG to return for 1.0.

Spush is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
clans, question, real