project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2013-07-27, 22:16   #31
ShockUnitBlack
Default Re: Real insurgent objectives.

I heard that there were plans to create a gamemode where the Insurgents have to blow up bridges and stuff. That would be "Insurgency" and then the current defend-the-caches gamemode be "Counter-Insurgency."
ShockUnitBlack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 18:35   #32
arneboe

how about a variation on the old extract gamemode? This would perhaps need a new map, but hear me out:

The allies are supposed to Pick up some cargo at one base and carry it to another base. The cargo would have to be large and needed to go on a cargo truck. This would mean that the allies has to make an armored and defended convoy, have recon units out to find the INS ambush, or clear potential ambush spots before the convoy gets there.

The insurgents on the other hand has to try and ambush the convoy or in any way stop the cargo from coming to the end zone.

To balance this out the INS could start with fewer tickets since ambushing may be easier than transporting the cargo.. or do as in extract and give the convoy checkpoints it HAS to go through..

I think this could be a fun twist on the INS gamemode?!?

An ins squad making an ambush on an ambushpoint, so when the recon tries to clear an the position, they get ambushed

Or the confusion and chaos that occurs when the first vehicle in the convoy gets hit with an IED, the cargo truck(s) has to turn and flee, the other infantry squads or apc's providing covering fire when retreating..

a lot of fun to be had?
arneboe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 02:39   #33
labonte95
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arneboe View Post
how about a variation on the old extract gamemode? This would perhaps need a new map, but hear me out:

The allies are supposed to Pick up some cargo at one base and carry it to another base. The cargo would have to be large and needed to go on a cargo truck. This would mean that the allies has to make an armored and defended convoy, have recon units out to find the INS ambush, or clear potential ambush spots before the convoy gets there.

The insurgents on the other hand has to try and ambush the convoy or in any way stop the cargo from coming to the end zone.

To balance this out the INS could start with fewer tickets since ambushing may be easier than transporting the cargo.. or do as in extract and give the convoy checkpoints it HAS to go through..

I think this could be a fun twist on the INS gamemode?!?

An ins squad making an ambush on an ambushpoint, so when the recon tries to clear an the position, they get ambushed

Or the confusion and chaos that occurs when the first vehicle in the convoy gets hit with an IED, the cargo truck(s) has to turn and flee, the other infantry squads or apc's providing covering fire when retreating..

a lot of fun to be had?
This would be fun. But I feel like the insurgents could just place hell of ied's and then blow the blufor to kingdom come. Unless that is the heavy ied's are removed and they just used pipe bombs and the weaker rpg's. This would require mass amounts of teamwork for the blufor to win. Maybe this would start bringing back teamwork and discouraging lone wolfing. +1 to this idea.

Thanks to WarEagle751 for the Signature pic!
labonte95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 12:03   #34
radegast1.cz

I have to agree, that for Insurgence:
protection some VIP NPC/player (like Counter Strike)
BlueForce - arrest him and esscort him to the base would be much more fun.

But Caches works well I quess.
radegast1.cz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 12:14   #35
radegast1.cz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banok View Post
offensive insurgent is a very underated and valid tactic imo, especially on some maps such as operation marlin where its possible to completely deny blu from exiting thier base due to legal choke points. I never defend caches on that map but just mine/camp outside thier base and I have arty ied'd so many assets and tickets, if my whole team followed suit im pretty sure it would break the map entirely.

the truth is insurgency doesn't win by defending caches, you actually win by reducing blu tickets. think about it you don't win by sitting there until timer runs out.

I agree, Insurgents arent perrmited for their death and BlueForce have better vehicles and optics on weapons. It works quite well.

Problem is, that each squad operate autonomly (alone). If there would be only one known cache and no other, it would concentratre players in some area.
radegast1.cz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 20:36   #36
arneboe

Quote:
Originally Posted by radegast1.cz View Post
I have to agree, that for Insurgence:
protection some VIP NPC/player (like Counter Strike)
BlueForce - arrest him and esscort him to the base would be much more fun.

But Caches works well I quess.
protection of VIP is what the Extraction mode was all about...

I remember some really intense battles trying to get the VIP in the suv through all the checkpoints and not get shot up by the insurgents
arneboe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 21:29   #37
doop-de-doo
Supporting Member

One could say that the main objective for insurgency is to neutralize BLUFOR in the area. I'm not really sure that players are really aware of that as almost everyone understands insurgency as cache, cache, cache!

I believe that weapons caches should really be taking a seat farther back in all this. Is there a way to reinforce the current (clouded) main objective, which is neutralize BLUFOR and maintain control of the area?

B4TM4N
doop-de-doo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 15:20   #38
doop-de-doo
Supporting Member

-redacted-

B4TM4N
Last edited by doop-de-doo; 2013-07-31 at 06:44..
Old 2013-07-30, 17:26   #39
Trooper909

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rudd View Post
Basically the insurgents don't have a main base, but instead they get respawning rallies around the city,
You mean that old much beloved feature that in ze Devs opinion sucked and would never return?

Not complaining,I thought they ruined insurgency with the removal of random spawns Just wondering why the change of heart.

Why that long post?why you no just say we are reverting things back to .6 for insurgence?
Trooper909 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 01:48   #40
Spec
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

Don't be rude, Trooper. The Dev team isn't a collective hivemind, people have varied opinions. Consider this a warning.

There's also been a number of suggestions in this thread. I won't get mad for just mentioning an idea, but if you want a full discussion and serious consideration, you'd be best advised to start a thread in the suggestions section.

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!

Tags
insurgent, objectives, real