project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
16 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2014-06-04, 14:28   #31
Brooklyn-Tech
Default Re: Breacher Class Problems

please find me photos, videos or written evidence of real soldiers breaching and clearing rooms where the point man has magnified optics.

if you find evidence that this occurs i will personally write a letter to the DEVs asking them to remove all iron sights from the game.

Legitimate sources only. no hollywood, no kids dressing up and playing airsoft, no video games.
Brooklyn-Tech is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 14:59   #32
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

To breach, you need grenades. Please don't remove grenades.
Don't fix what isn't broken. The Breacher kit is perfectly fine as it was.
I fully agree with Brooklyn here.

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 16:27   #33
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate(GER) View Post
To breach, you need grenades. Please don't remove grenades.
Don't fix what isn't broken. The Breacher kit is perfectly fine as it was.
I fully agree with Brooklyn here.
To breach you need shotgun, not grenades.

It needs to open the door; not blow up your team.
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 16:30   #34
gamma_gandalph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn-Tech View Post
Legitimate sources only. no hollywood, no kids dressing up and playing airsoft, no video games.
One minute google search:

Assuming the AR is his.

Description: File:U.S. Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Jonathan Callis, a point man assigned to India Company, Battalion Landing Team, 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marine Regiment, 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU), loads a magazine during 130425-M-LP523-012.jpg (emphasis mine)

That's an ACOG on his rifle, is it?

Grenade Launchers for breachers!!!!!!! (kidding)

And so on ad infinitum

Admittedly, you mostly find pictures of soldiers with only shotguns and also some with soldiers using a shotgun and a rifle with some CQB sights (no ironsights, though...).
But I think that from a gameplay perspective, giving breachers scopes is a great idea. That may reduce sights variety, but for me at least, gameplay trumps reality. I mean it's a bit pointless to argue reality anyways, considering the way troops are deployed and organized IRL vs. in game.
gamma_gandalph is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 16:30   #35
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn-Tech View Post
please find me photos, videos or written evidence of real soldiers breaching and clearing rooms where the point man has magnified optics.

if you find evidence that this occurs i will personally write a letter to the DEVs asking them to remove all iron sights from the game.

Please find me photos, videos, or written evidence of real soldiers shooting at long range with vision that is capped at 1920x1080 resolution(assuming it's the standard definition for most players).

If you find evidence that this occurs, I will personally write a letter to the DEVs asking them to remove all ironsights from game.

Legitimate sources only. No hollywood, no airsoftards, no video games.

A point man isn't always breaching rooms... Not all of PR is 100% MOUT either.
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 17:33   #36
Roque_THE_GAMER

why the Russian Breacher have hes shotgun removed? now he seems more like a no binocular spotter.

in real life the Russian Breacher (point man, whatever) not use shotguns?
Roque_THE_GAMER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 17:41   #37
M42 Zwilling
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roque_THE_GAMER View Post
in real life the Russian Breacher (point man, whatever) not use shotguns?
That is correct.

"How many posts have there been about how much better PR was back in 0.X? The fact is that if we played the older versions we would start to remember the shortcomings, but we tend to hold onto the good memories tighter than the bad ones." - Murphy
M42 Zwilling is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 17:45   #38
Mikemonster

Is a shotgun even a combat weapon? I always presumed they were instead used as a breaching tool.

They certainly aren't combat effective in PR, not compared to a 'normal' gun.

Fun to play with, occasionally, but not lethal enough in PR to bother with unless you are playing ninja.
Mikemonster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 18:02   #39
Roque_THE_GAMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]M42 Zwilling View Post
That is correct.
seems fine to me, since in insurgency they don't need open doors but my in my point of view the AK74M does not seems to be a good gun to close quarters, do they in real life they use other kind of gun to close range?

and what device they actuality use for breaching if the need it?
Roque_THE_GAMER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 18:11   #40
[R-CON]​Chuva_RD
PR:BF2 Contributor
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeHX View Post
To breach you need shotgun, not grenades.

It needs to open the door; not blow up your team.
ok, describing situation. You need to kill me in T-shape, of course I above you. I'm staying in the usual room for coreving stairs and see only stairs. Surely I'm in more safe position comparing to guy on stairs. You can't see me, you only know what I'm in this room. If someone goes on stairs in T-shape I usually shoot him.

So there are two ways for you: step on ladder and risk your life or throw grenade from safe place and than engage not worrying about me for 2 seconds. What's you choose? Let's start from that all movements and all actions must be done with minimal damage and risk for you and maximum damage for me. That is logical and not need to be proved for anyone.

I'm just reading your posts, thinking about words you say and not understanding: is this man ever played PR at least once on public in CQB?
Last edited by [R-CON]Chuva_RD; 2014-06-04 at 18:20..

Tags
breacher, class, problems, shotgun