project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2010-02-11, 16:54   #31
DeltaFart

Default Re: Russia vs. China

Hell tom clancy has it in his book, Without Remorse
The pilot in a NVA POW Camp is being interrogatted by the Russian Air Force Colonel, and the USSR guy is talking baout how he hates the Chinese and the Vietnamese for their break from party lines and being animals
He also has the US Pilot explain to him what a bomber force wouild do to if it were to try to attack Moscow, coming from China, since thats appearently a hot little area
DeltaFart is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 17:03   #32
Startrekern

I could see an OGT 2KM remake being perfect for PLA v RU.
Startrekern is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 17:04   #33
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

imo a PLA RU map would be awesome in snow ;D

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 19:05   #34
Igloo35

tom clancy's Bear and the dragon anyone? just omit the US

brazil can be an oppfor now too

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/article..._2009?page=0,5
Last edited by Igloo35; 2010-02-11 at 19:11..
Old 2010-02-23, 03:40   #35
cfschris
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSparrow View Post
Wikipedia is good, but you always need to check on the sourcing and cross-reference it.
WHAT?! You mean actually make sure the source is 100% valid before I use it in a research paper and then label a credible source in its place on my references page!? Blasphemy!
cfschris is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 05:44   #36
Shaihuluid

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Rudd View Post
imo a PLA RU map would be awesome in snow ;D
Now that's a match I would like to see. Whatever happened to snow-covered maps, anyway? It seems like a shame to waste such a cool environment and textures by having no maps with it...

Edit: oh, and Igloo35, without straying this topic too far off the thead I must say I HATE Opfor/Blufor designations. HATE with an undying passion! XD

it's not all just cowboys and indians
Shaihuluid is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 06:32   #37
Meza82

imo, its not that Russia vs China would be "bad" but that there are other more "likely" scenarios -like more Russia vs Blufor (US/UK), IDF vs MEC, or Australia vs Taliban etc- to focus on.
Meza82 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 10:44   #38
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meza82 View Post
imo, its not that Russia vs China would be "bad" but that there are other more "likely" scenarios -like more Russia vs Blufor (US/UK), IDF vs MEC, or Australia vs Taliban etc- to focus on.
The devs have said time and time again the reason they leave a story out of PR is so that they can have weird matchups, like IDF v Russia. This opens the door for kooky stuff like MEC v China or whatever.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 16:34   #39
Jedimushroom
Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure Russia vs China is far more likely than US vs China considering the former is in debt to the latter for some several trillion dollars. I'm going to state this pretty clearly for you guys: China and Russia are not 'buddies', they have not been since the early fifties and they actually fought each other in small border skirmishes in the late sixties. Russia was closer to war with China than they were with the west for most of the latter 20th century.

"God will strike him down when he checks his email and sees young Fighter has turd burgling tendancies. Could you imagine going to church knowing your son takes it up the wrong 'un?" - [R-Dev]Gaz on 'Fighter137'
Jedimushroom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 16:36   #40
=EBS= Altair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino
Wouldn't be realistic since the component from the Russian suitcase nukes was destroyed in the air strike
24 reference much?

I agree Russia vs. China would be very interesting with a lot of potential.
=EBS= Altair is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
china, russia