project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2012-04-05, 05:56   #31
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Mini-mod] PR:BF2 Falklands

Cheers, I don't need anything translating at the moment, but not looked at any Argentinian sites.

One thing you could help me out with if you can find any info on it is did any of the AAVP7A1s stay in the Falklands after the initial landing? I've got some mixed reports on them all returning to Argentina afterwards, and some being engaged once the task force had arrived...

Also if you could find out any info on how Argentina used its Hueys that would be good too

Cheers!

Old 2012-04-05, 08:41   #32
torenico

The AAVP7A1s were deployed by ARA San Antonio on April 2, they fought all the way to Stanley with the Airbase as their main objetives, beign ambushed by British troops with no losses.

As soon as the British Garrison capitulated, the AAVP7A1 were transported back to Argentina by ARA Cabo San Antonio.

Sources in Spanish:
VEHICULO DE ASALTO ANFIBIO LVTP-7
http://www.malvinasonline.com.ar/ind...ac-lvtp-7.html

Its a confusing story, i can see these vehicles were used to break trough British lines on the Falklands and were probably pulled back to Argentina because of the Chilean/British threat.

Hope it helps.
Old 2012-04-05, 08:58   #33
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Ye, what wiki says too. Can't remember where I saw or heard it but think I heard that when the Brits where fighting in the mountains around Stanley, they engaged an AAVP7A1 but ye, probably incorrect.

Old 2012-04-05, 15:17   #34
Doc.Pock

Im now starting with the IAI Dagger and would be very glad if anyone would donate any refs of it. especcially the top-down and sides and also details if anyone seen it up close and stuff... thnx
Old 2012-04-05, 19:40   #35
Rodrijandro

maybe you can use all this

Old 2012-04-05, 20:17   #36
PoisonBill
Supporting Member

Although it might already be decided, it seems like this could be a little bigger project with "Goose Green" and "Stanley" as skirmish maps or a kind of infantry AAS. They were apparently both important battles in the war.

A entire map (north east island), Falklands minimod could be a completely different game, boats with arty cannons, and artillery for the Argentineans are needed. Boats need to be able to be destroyed by jets and cost tickets or something.

In the Discovery documentary they mentioned morale a lot, could this be implemented somehow?

Harrier also needs to be fixed with the VTOL, but I think someone was paying with these settings before.

Just what came to my mind, to make this fun and special, it will take a lot of work ^^

Old 2012-04-05, 20:28   #37
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

shame really, I deleted the goose green I was working on ages ago

Old 2012-04-05, 20:54   #38
AquaticPenguin

Doc.Pock, here's a link to a bunch of pictures. The websites generally very good for all sorts of military refs.

Nesher A Walk Around Page 1
Old 2012-04-05, 21:18   #39
torenico

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Ye, what wiki says too. Can't remember where I saw or heard it but think I heard that when the Brits where fighting in the mountains around Stanley, they engaged an AAVP7A1 but ye, probably incorrect.
The only armored elements we had after the AAVP7A1s left the Islands were the AML 90 Panhard, 12 of them.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...-90sEAport.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...8F9Sv/610x.jpg
Old 2012-04-05, 22:53   #40
PoisonBill
Supporting Member

Spoiler for Battle of Goose Green:

According to this image from wiki, there's supposed to be an airfield northwest of Goose Green, however I can't find any such thing on Google earth or other images on Google earth. I hate it when things just, disappear

Spoiler for Espanol info:

Found this image! :O

Spoiler for mother of god:

Since the battle took 2 days and involved fighting in both Darwin and Goose Green, Goose Green being the main battle, it seems unuseful to portray Darwin in a smaller map.
Last edited by PoisonBill; 2012-04-05 at 23:18..

Tags
falklands, initial, minimod, modding, prbf2, thread, topic