project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
17 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2016-06-04, 21:40   #31
anantdeathhawk
Default Re: [ATGM] 9K111 AT-4 Spigot

Change the background to something darker on the site sketchfab to enable better viewing as your model is white in color.Model looks pretty.
anantdeathhawk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-04, 23:08   #32
[R-DEV]​Mr.VdHeide
PR:BF2 Developer

Good to see you cut down the poly count, now just keep on doing like you do and you will have a good model to UV map and make LOD's out of.

D.J.

Mr.VdHeide is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-07, 22:12   #33
CaptMiller

as seen in the picture is a problem with the top box is still there, I tried to solve it, peremodeliv box, but it did not help, it vykglyadit as if the light with this box falls down and distorts everything that is under the box. Textures on a tripod deteriorated due HC curve and I know how to solve, but on top of the box I do not know. When I downloaded the model on the website 3d models, wrote to me in a warning that there are inverted normal, I tried to find them, but did not find, I just made a new model, but it did not help
CaptMiller is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 21:47   #34
[R-DEV]​Mr.VdHeide
PR:BF2 Developer

I don't really see the problem here. Your model shows up wrong in p3d, due to the export. Well, that is too bad. What matters is the model as we see it in 3ds Max 9.

Now if I take a look at your model in 3ds max 9 I see a model with a work in progress UVW map and a acceptable tri count for the main LOD. I am sure however you could optimize the model even more so really focus on that.

You are doing a great job on this, keep up the good work!

D.J.

Mr.VdHeide is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-11, 22:00   #35
CaptMiller

I hope now it looks better. Is there any problem areas here?

Old 2016-06-11, 22:12   #36
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Looks good to me, but i have no clue of UV
Maybe post your UV sheet as well, so we can see how big each part is and maybe what to change?

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-11, 22:59   #37
CaptMiller

a lot of small parts, I scooped up into one big pile, as they will be the same color, so can I do?
Old 2016-06-12, 08:17   #38
KaB
Retired PR Developer

There's a lot of free space there. Remember you can reduce the size of the faces that wont require a lot of details, like plain color texture, and enlarge the ones which will need more details.

KaB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 09:23   #39
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Tbh the model isn't done yet neither. You really need to take more time into lowering details the player won't see. This counts for both your model and your UV map. This is an old game

Small details in PR need to be much more simplistic then you have it. PR doesn't require all cylinder shapes to be that round neither.

As for your UV, only UV when your model is 100% done please, and it isn't.

the UV is not good at all tbh, take some more time watching videos about making good UV layouts. A texture artist is going to have a rough time texturing that. There is need for much more welded faces in the UV. Way too much wasted texture space and as KaB says detail in front of the player should always receive the most UV space.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 09:38   #40
CaptMiller

this is an old version of the model, I have removed a lot of unnecessary polygons

almost all of the cylinders are no longer the number of sides 8-10, except for the main pipe of the cylinder and the cylinder on the pistol

the difference between the two screenshots 3 thousand polygons

Tags
at4, atgm, spigot