project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
07 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2005-06-04, 00:43   #31
JS.Fortnight.A
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Yes the individuals on the inside of the vehicle would be unharmed, as claymores are a directional anti-infantry weapon (not total anti-armor); hence the fact that they state right on the claymore itself "Front towards enemy".

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/l...8-claymore.htm

Project Reality Operations Lead v0.2-0.3
JS.Fortnight.A is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-04, 03:48   #32
Tacamo

Plus considering it was done on heavier pieces of armor they could take somewhat of an explosive shock without the spall effect coming into play. Helps even more with the claymore not being a shaped charge.
Tacamo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-04, 12:22   #33
dru187

special forces is not just army,its a type of unit.there are many different special forces units,for example,the marine has force recon,theres the brittish sas,delta force.and more i do not know of.

i also think IED'S are a good idea as they are most of the casualities in these days.(improvised explosive device)
dru187 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-04, 13:38   #34
solodude23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dru187
special forces is not just army,its a type of unit.there are many different special forces units,for example,the marine has force recon,theres the brittish sas,delta force.and more i do not know of.

i also think IED'S are a good idea as they are most of the casualities in these days.(improvised explosive device)
Special Forces is just the army, Force Recon is just the Marines, SEAL's arethe Navy. Al together they are SOCOM Forces.
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-04, 13:44   #35
dru187

when i say special forces is not just the army i am talking about the certain unit.which is considered "special forces"not only the army is a special force.like i said force recon is a special force unit.seals are a special force unit.delta is a special force unit.sas is a special force unit
Old 2005-06-04, 13:46   #36
solodude23

Yes, but all of them are called SOCOM Forces.
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-04, 13:54   #37
dru187

true,but i was just trying to clarify that the army is not the only special forces,yes it might be the name of their special forces unit,but to me that is a generic name
Old 2005-06-04, 14:55   #38
Tacamo

I think the Marines kept their guys out of SOCOM so they could have more direct control over them and they wouldn't have to worry about the interservice rivalries within SOCOM' leadership. Also due to the way they're structured and the branches size it makes more sense for them MEU commander to control them directly. I think the true broad wording would be special operations unit since it covers foreign groups as well as those under the intelligence agencies who don't report to military commanders all the time if any.
Tacamo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-04, 15:28   #39
Eddie Baker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacamo
I think the true broad wording would be special operations unit since it covers foreign groups as well as those under the intelligence agencies who don't report to military commanders all the time if any.
Yes, the correct broad wording would be special operations forces (SOF). There are several units, not just the US Army, that also use the "special forces" name for their units or commands (Republic of Korea, for example), but it is usually considered a proper name rather than a generalized term.
Eddie Baker is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
decoys or traps