project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:WWII General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality WWII modification.

Old 2012-10-03, 03:44   #31
Pvt.LHeureux
-
Default Re: The Normandy Campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts4EVER View Post
Yes, or I don't know if you ever played Combat Mission, but maybe a bit like this:

Monster Combat Mission Normandy tutorial - YouTube

Jump to 20:20
Funny that you show me that, because Combat Mission Normandy is exactly the game that inspired me on making the map
Old 2012-11-25, 14:11   #32
Salvo

Afterdune, I can try and get you some playermodels of the 6th Airborne Division of the British Army if you want. After all, the 6th AD worked alongside the 101st and 82nd
Old 2012-11-25, 15:07   #33
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Sure, all is welcome!

Do wonder where you're getting them from though .

Old 2012-11-25, 20:28   #34
missinglink

i would love to see the canadians on juno beach
Old 2012-11-26, 22:03   #35
G.Kibler[3|AIU]

Quote:
Originally Posted by missinglink View Post
i would love to see the Canadians on Juno beach
That really would be interesting to see, but it would take too much work just to make a new faction for just 1 map. Look at the community factions for example. Those are taking a very long time to make, and many factions are using weapons from other or preexisting factions. The only one that could be used for Canada would be the SMLE. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)
It really would be interesting to see, but it's a lot of work to make a new faction. (If you could do it tho be my guest.)
Old 2013-02-01, 12:01   #36
titsmcgee852

I think it would've been more interesting had the Pacific campaign had been covered instead of Normandy. PR is one of the few games which could pull off such a unique style of gameplay. I guess it would work a little bit like insurgency but with a proper organised army and without caches. There have been too few games which properly convey the Pacific campaign. Maybe Rising Storm will hit the mark. That being said though, PR:N is a great thing to have
Old 2013-02-01, 12:10   #37
Moszeusz6Pl
Retired PR Developer

Give them ships and Japanese equipment and it might happened.

Making ships is a very hard task for BF2, this is why PR have only two ships atm. Pacific without ships isn't really this. Also you can't have carriers on Refractor2, unlike Reflactor 1. I don't think that regular 4km maps would be enough for naval warfare, and I don't think that somebody will dare to make another map bigger than 4km. Also it would require new Japanese equipment, which need a lot of time to make, Normandy was make not because they choose it, but because they had a lot of equipment used by Normandy. So it's probably not going happened, unless you want to make it itself.

Old 2013-02-16, 02:13   #38
Arc_Shielder
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvo View Post
Afterdune, I can try and get you some playermodels of the 6th Airborne Division of the British Army if you want. After all, the 6th AD worked alongside the 101st and 82nd
Curious, what's up with this?
Old 2013-06-25, 11:15   #39
tutvys13

What about winter map(bulge if I remember correctly?)
Old 2013-06-25, 15:00   #40
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Need winter textures and new effects, new models, new soldier models, etc

Tags
campaign, normandy