project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Polish Forces
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Polish Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Polish Forces faction.

Old 2013-01-19, 22:00   #31
guywithawrench
Default Re: Mi-24V Hind

Good to see the model didn't go to waste very good work man keep it up!
Old 2013-01-20, 21:40   #32
karambaitos

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post

Remember like the 1st person model of a weapon, the cockpit is very close and constantly in the face of the player so you need to make the bits that are close to him and relevant, high detail and pretty so he can get fully immersed into the cockpit and feel like he/she is there.

If you have something looking really boxy, like that massive round screen you have, or something zfighting in their face the entire time they are flying like the buttons/gauges on the SU-25/A-10 etc, it just totally brakes the immersion and distracts the player from the game and experience.

You have a lot of polys to play with with a 1p model, so don't be afraid to make all the details you want on it
unrelated question, is welding needed in newer engines as well, or is it only in old ones like BF2, also when do you need to weld each verticie of a circle like the HSI in this picture and when is it not needed like the radar warning receiver im guessing on the top extruded panel
Old 2013-01-31, 16:31   #33
[R-DEV]​Tim270
PR:BF2 Developer

Zfighting still obviously happens a lot in modern engines. There are however some ways around it to a extent.

For example we can use code to pretty much eliminate z-fighting on 1p weapons, we cant do the same however for vehicles or 3p weapons/buildings/kits.

Welding is just good practice in a lot of situations also as it helps to optimize your uv space. For example, having loads of black shadows in your diffuse from the AO just shows that it is wasted space having intersection geometry there. Smaller details, not such a big deal.
Old 2013-02-01, 07:52   #34
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Ye, what Tim said. Saw some really horrible, basic z-fighting errors in PS2 which where due to it not being welding and that even was on a 1p handheld weapon model...

Old 2013-02-12, 01:20   #35
Jafar Ironclad
Retired PR Developer

How are we doing here?

Old 2013-02-12, 08:36   #36
ddeo
Retired PR Developer
Default Re: [Vehicle] Mi-24V Hind

Hey.
From what I know Grober has paused work on Mi24 to concentrate on studies. I think he passed exams already, so I'm sure he will continue work on Hind soon.
Old 2013-02-12, 11:47   #37
Grober

I already apssd exams so im cool again but im doing map Hind and F16 texture so i realy devide my time on those projects :P and last days i was working on map
Old 2013-02-12, 13:41   #38
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Isn't this also the type which the russians used in Chechnya 1995 ?
https://www.google.se/search?hl=en&q...OaSL4AS3zYHoCQ

Would be awesome in PR!
Old 2013-02-20, 16:40   #39
Trek762

I talked to OPK guy. He says PR is allowed to use the Mi-24 model from their mod.

So? Maybe we could use the OPK model for now? I don't think that the whole (model, UV's, textures, code etc.) Mi-24 from Grober is gonna be finished... in nearest future.
Old 2013-02-20, 19:57   #40
ddeo
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek762 View Post
I talked to OPK guy. He says PR is allowed to use the Mi-24 model from their mod.

So? Maybe we could use the OPK model for now? I don't think that the whole (model, UV's, textures, code etc.) Mi-24 from Grober is gonna be finished... in nearest future.
Sounds good. Can you contact me privately? I've tried to contact you for few months already, I've send you several private messages on IM client and PR forums.

Tags
hind, mi24v, vehicle