project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Objects
16 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2013-01-31, 16:03   #31
Arc_Shielder
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: [Static] Tobruk bunker (WIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracler View Post
Not sure i follow you . you talking about the box on the floor of the turret? or to remove the external walls that are not seen if totally buried?
Bah, nvm, by box I thought you were saying that a closed Tubrok Bunker on the "hatchet". Misunderstood you.
Arc_Shielder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 18:17   #32
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

I wouldnt put a static MG on top, just let normal machingunner set up in there, for static MGs you cant get suppression working (iirc, that is why they were removed from Op. Overlord beach bunkers), and the static MG can only cover an arc in front of it, where a player with machinegun can shoot in any direction he pleases.

lucky.BOY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 02:07   #33
Gracler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky.BOY View Post
I wouldnt put a static MG on top, just let normal machingunner set up in there, for static MGs you cant get suppression working (iirc, that is why they were removed from Op. Overlord beach bunkers), and the static MG can only cover an arc in front of it, where a player with machinegun can shoot in any direction he pleases.
Good point. I didnt read that about Overlord. well it makes my job easier I guess
Gracler is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 09:43   #34
Gracler

This bunker really has an issue with its height on the stairs. Right now the col2 makes the player hit the head on the ceiling when going up or down, and sitting in the turret makes the character bounce. I made the stair a ramp in the col2 and even "cheated" and put the ceiling higher than it is but it still doesn't work.
I'm afraid I can't make the Tobruk 58c bunker authentic measurements and make it work except if I make it into a gun-turret that you "enter" which could be interesting as-well.

Going to make a finished version that is working with infantry though but ill have to push the stairs so its kinda 1 long staircase untill your standing in the turret

The alternative is that the player is forced to crouch when going on the stairs...but I don't like that
Last edited by Gracler; 2013-11-21 at 08:09..
Old 2013-02-08, 11:06   #35
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

As long as you can get there crouching it would be fine i think. Its a bunker, it is meant to have confined space
You can try to push stairs a little bit into the turret, or slant the cieling above stairs upward, see if that helps. Btw, can you shoot out of it? You need to plan the soldier col mesh with that in mind, too.

Old 2013-02-08, 11:12   #36
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

If the player visually fits though the door fine just rasie the col2 mesh on the door way to let him pass though.

If not, you shouldn't have a door that it looks like you can pass though by standing, but have to crouch so you should either 1, increase the hight of the door so you can pass though it or 2, lower the height so its obvious you have to crouch though it.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 11:25   #37
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

I think the player can get standing into the lower part of the bunker, the problem here are stairs to the upper part of it, where you have to crouch.

Old 2013-02-08, 11:51   #38
Arc_Shielder
Retired PR Developer

I don't see any issue in having to crouch to get to the upper part of the bunker. Players will get used to it.
Arc_Shielder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 12:10   #39
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky.BOY View Post
I think the player can get standing into the lower part of the bunker, the problem here are stairs to the upper part of it, where you have to crouch.
ah ye, missed that bit.

Got any better pics of it? Would also be good if you can get a edged face shot in max with all the outside walls deleted

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 20:04   #40
Pvt.LHeureux
-

It's perfectly fine to crouch to get in the upper part to be honest.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bunker, militarytobruk, poxo is ghey, static, tobruk, wip, ww2