project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
03 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2013-08-01, 14:58   #31
Warior135

Default Re: To All the Veteran Players and Server Admins, Be Kind to New Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]rodrigoma View Post
wut?
what are you negative nancy's on about?
Read the post the post I was replying to was replying to. (Say that 5 times quickly)
Warior135 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 15:15   #32
Hotrod525
Default Re: To All the Veteran Players and Server Admins, Be Kind to New Players!

you know whats funny, is that i'm a veteran of P.R. (started on 0.3) and ill probly need to re-learn most of my thing, as with new release all the time, you guyz probly recall how THERMAL change the game balance, or on how LGB did too.. xD
Hotrod525 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 22:13   #33
matty1053

What I must say... Clans I love. But they will not give oppertunities for us NON clan players. Hey, I wanna drive a apc and tank!!! Easy Role!
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 23:44   #34
K4on
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

sticky'ed as this is a really good thing, lito!

K4on is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 04:11   #35
zloyrash
PR Server License Administrator

Me and my clan always give a chance to anyone who using mic and follow SL's commands. Welcome!
LorD zloyrash

btw, I still think
Quote:
DEVs should create and recommend "Official Ruleset For Servers" so it will help all of us to play one sort of Project Reality.

zloyrash is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 07:57   #36
Determinist

And cut that ''No one wants to play with immigrants'' bullshit.
Determinist is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 08:14   #37
ghostfool84
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a3dboy1 View Post
+1 for Beginner's Forum

[....]

Second thing is to make Beginner's server where clanmembers are not allowed. Yeah, this is the best option. Make pr0s fight pr0s and n00bs fight n00bs...

I dont know why everyone thinks that players who have a clantag some kind of "pro". There are some good ones and some bad ones, like the people with no tag. The main difference is that these people play more often together, but there are enough publics out there who do also, but you dont recognize it because they have not the same tag. And even clans take the one round serious and fool around in another round...

A server only filled with noobs with leads to nothing, new people need some players with expierence or at least a clue how the game works, no matter if they have a tag or not.
They need a Squadleader who has time to explain the game and forgive failures while playing, but lead them in some way and hold the squad together so new players get the "squad expierence". A second player with expierence could help to for kits like medic, new players often dont get how it works at the beginning. The squads with veteren players should take some of the "boring" parts like defending a flag so that the squads with new players have the freedom to see something without losing the game fast...
ghostfool84 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 08:14   #38
Raklodder
Supporting Member

Will do, sir!

Raklodder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 08:50   #39
dysin

had a few to play with today. biggest problem there was talking to the guys for a few minutes to see why they weren't replying. troubleshot it down to not having mum. nice one on the integration.

all of them seemed eager to learn. looking forward to playing with some good new people with the mindset on team wins and what makes them happen. it's very easy to just lock the squad off and fill it with the clan, but we're working with 8 man squads now and not every one them can be locked at 4. if you plan on running some assets, keep in mind that we're still working with 9 squad slots. open up and have them scout if you need to, let's not have 10 unassigned guys looking for a good match.
dysin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 11:05   #40
Wooonderboy

never played PR before but looking forward to it!
Wooonderboy is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
admins, kind, mentors, players, server, veteran