project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
05 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2013-08-14, 14:50   #31
Heavy Death
Default Re: 1.0 DM Rifles Lost Accuracy?

I tried the SVD yesterday for the first time and that one seems perfect.
Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 15:23   #32
velocity

I have had no problems at all, so I put this together real quick.

Video may still be processing so 1080p may not be available right now.

Only thing I have noticed more is the bullet drop but that may be my imagination.
velocity is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 14:46   #33
Spec
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

That silenced one is pretty damn weak^^

But yeah, same as my experience. Guns work just fine?

Maybe those who have problems could make a quick video too?

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!
Old 2013-08-15, 18:22   #34
Predator.v2

The suppressed mk12 has the worst accuracy of all marksman rifles.
Predator.v2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 18:32   #35
Henrique_Dalben
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator.v2 View Post
The suppressed mk12 has the worst accuracy of all guns in the game.
Fixed that for you. If it can't hit the broad side of a barn from inside the barn, there's something wrong with it. The video posted proves that it is pretty much useless.
Henrique_Dalben is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 20:30   #36
Stealth Clobber

No videos but I have an in server account to tell of. The other day I was playing as a MEC Marksman on Khamisiyah, and waited about 8 seconds for this shot (more than enough time) at roughly 50m. Crosshairs dead on the medics head, fire. Lo and behold, a miss! A rather bad miss for a marksman rifle. I got him with the next one (he started to run and I just shot, managed to catch him luckily). It seems to be rather weird though, because earlier I landed a 400+m shot on a friendly on accident. Could barely see him, still hit him.
Stealth Clobber is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 23:46   #37
Wheres_my_chili

I've actually noticed a trend with deviation that has been the case since the .9 days. It seems like the weapons sometimes dont actually settle untill you've fired a round or two, meaning that your first shot will hit the moon, but the second, third, and fourth rounds will be super accurate. I've notice this in ARs, marksman rifles, machine guns, hell, even the SMAW spotting rifle. Could this possibly be the culprit?
Wheres_my_chili is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 02:53   #38
ShockUnitBlack

I played around with the marksman rifles a fair bit today... I think what's happened is either deviation settle time has either raised or the amount of deviation added after firing has been increased when in deployed mode.

It's not that the guns are inaccurate, but it takes a lot longer for them to settle properly, especially after firing IMO.

Rivers, could you enlighten us as to what changes you've made to marksman rifles?
ShockUnitBlack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 11:17   #39
Wing Walker

I took still shots from the video as I do not have anywhere a video too.

Everything I did in my method is accurately reported. Waiting a minute and a half, in the prone, on deployed, getting a hit should be a 100% deal. The bot just sat there the whole time shooting at me, I had the bot difficulty on the lowest.

I did it in co-op to keep it accurate.

I too have used the SVD on maps, can't remember which one, and the rifle worked good I remember, no problems. But I do not know if this is after an update or not. When 1.0 first came out I used the DM kit a lot and it worked fine, no issues.

I practiced a lot in co-op to get used to the changes and noticed the sudden change in performance after one of the auto up dates.

Did this auto update mess something up? This wasn't something gradual I noticed, it was very apparent after I fired up the game and it auto DLed the update, that the DM shot like crap.

Or is some code or function in the game not being loaded?

Or is there an affect under certain settings?
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 12:21   #40
Predator.v2

@Shock:
I have posted the deviation code of the mk12, svd and some other marksman rifles classified as "standard" on the last page: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f25...ml#post1935872

About FireDeviation:

ObjectTemplate.deviation.setFireDev 1.4 0.85 0.02833

First number (1.4) is the maximum deviation added by "FireDev"
Second number (0.85) is the deviation added per shot
Third number is the deviation reduced from the "FireDev" per frame. You usually calculated 25-30 FPS (default 30)

So the calculations would be:

Single shot:
0.85 / (0.02833 * 30) = 1.00011 s

Full auto:
1.4 / (0.02833 * 30) = 1.6472 s

This is for "standard deviation marksman rifles". After firing you should also consider the "turn deviation" to counter the recoil. Its roughly 1s too.

@Sharps:
There haven't been any recent changes about marksman deviation. Have you tried playing on a local server? Try running kashan desert (with us army) and use cmds "rcon debug" and "rcon kits", to spawn all faction kits (or spawn the kit directly with "rcon spawner xxx").
Predator.v2 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
accuracy, lost, rifles