project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2014-05-02, 11:16   #31
Archosaurus
Default Re: Egotistical clans, bad SL's and dealing with them

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterMed View Post
Damn you guys write a lot.
Nah, it's not that I don't want him to give his view, it's good that I now know that he wasn't the kind of person I was talking about, but I didn't want to specifically bring bad rep to anyone. It was a misunderstanding and had I mentioned him specifically, it would not have been smart. Then it'd be an attack, you know what I mean?

Anyway, there are some people like what I mentioned though.
From what I gathered from the replies which don't try to just make the situation worse, leaving a really bad team and squad when everyone is doing bad seems to be the best.
Finding your own group you can rely on also is a thing, even in PR where the community is, on the right servers, quite good.
Archosaurus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 11:23   #32
KillJoy[Fr]

KillJoy[Fr] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 13:17   #33
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

I see your point Archosaurus. But when Squadleading, Squadmembers often make the game miserable for the SL. This is why most players tend to stick to the guys they already know and played with in the past. I suggest you do the same. Find a group or clan and play with them on a regular basis.

Here's a compilation of typical Squadmembers:
Quote:
1. "SL can I go and rearm this Grenade I just threw. There's ammo 3 keypads away?"
Quote:
2. "SL I am just gonna go and flank them 3 keypads wide okay?"
Quote:
3. "SL I took a Sniper because we're playing in this close quarters combat map!"
Quote:
4. "Lets attack! Some noob squad should defend. Not us"
Quote:
5. "I'm bored! Let's attack!"
Quote:
6. "I am wounded - I am gonna spawn at the FOB on the other side of the map and mind my own business because no, you will never be able to place a rally. - Oh revive? No, I already gave up"
Quote:
7. "Yes I am holding the staircase as you told me, but I like to casually walk around the whole building and get shot. Afterwards, I won't wait 2 minutes until I go into combat again"
Quote:
8. Hm, it's just a squad of publics. I better join and take the coolest kit until someone else steals it
Quote:
9. "Squadleader, be advised, enemy Infantry spotted in Keypad Alpha eleven keypad five subkeypad 3, 1.200 metres away, 1 infantry. REQUEST IMMEDIATE CAS SUPPORT. OVER. OUT."
Quote:
10. "Yes, understood. Wilco" No actually I know it much better, so I'm just gonna do what I think is best.
Quote:
11. "Rifleman? You sure you don't need a grenadier?"
Quote:
12. "I could also take the Engineer. Or the HAT. I am pro with the HAT. It is very useful in a 8-man-squad. Okay I will take Rifleman as you told me 5 times. Ooooops, I picked GPMG instead"
And finally:
Quote:
This guy sucks, I am much better than him. I am just gonna leave him with the other n00bs so they can fuck things up. Better take my kit with me aswell.

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 13:25   #34
HunterMed
Supporting Member

Classics...
I always love #9. So funny
But that also goes for SLs.

"We need CAS, ARMOR, SUPPORT! We are alone in the middle of nowhere, leave everything. We need support NOW!"

HunterMed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 13:27   #35
L4gi
Server Administrator (A-N)

Number 8 sounds about right. ALL THE KITS!
L4gi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 14:07   #36
Vicious302
Banned

I'm all for teamwork but 9/10 clans are like those guy who have a big truck and never haul anything in them but a pair of balls where the hitch goes... this all compensates for what they clearly lack down there... same goes with clan tags... the bigger the clan tag and the more buddies...more likely they are arrogant and just suck... so stay away from "clans" because there are none.. because there are no clan wars or any real clan based competition and even if there was PR isn't designed around skirmish or even 20 v 20. CLOWNS ::ENDRANT::
Vicious302 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 14:44   #37
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious302 View Post
more likely they are arrogant and just suck... so stay away from "clans" because there are none.. because there are no clan wars or any real clan based competition and even if there was PR isn't designed around skirmish or even 20 v 20. CLOWNS ::ENDRANT::
You clearly live on the periphery of PR.

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 14:45   #38
Steckdose200
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archosaurus View Post
For reference, last game I played yesterday, I suggested the SL lets me go out into the city we were defending and do my thing, which is aggressive foot recon ie: killing whole squads before they get to my squad.

He says no, but the squad was so composed and all had mics etc. so I said fine, you call the shots.

I follow with them and spot an opportunity to go out of the mosque we were in and prove my worth, so to say.

I'll check out outside and be back in a minute I said.

Full enemy squad dead later, SL said "You're doing a good job, keep doing whatever you're doing." and through me covering their East flank completely from any enemy even getting in, they could do what they want at the mosque, which was armor hunting and directing out IFV's fire. We also did a hit and run on an enemy FOB with a Humvee and they destroyed it with their own artillery, hah. GG's were had and so on.

That is when an SL recognizes that his original plan does not work as well as a squadmate's, and that the squad is competent enough to adapt. The squad I was in right now was not led by that kind of SL.

So, what do you do when the whole team is seemingly full of "Noooo, I'm the best player !" SL's?
Just leave like I did?
WHAT? Ok I will just assume you were playing in my squad at bijar canyons.

SO, I join the server, and this is 10 min before we lose on burning sands, The MEC team that I am on got totaly DESTROYED, armour hopeless, CAS wasted, only one FOB at VCP (our last flag).

So next round (Bijar Canyons), I try to unfuck the team by making a "MUM MECH INF" squad. So we spawn and take a Namer aswell as a HAT, since the Namer is hopeless against armour and I didn't want to rely on our Armour and CAS (seeing last round) only.

We capture our first Objective Bridge (we are the only ones), and drive towards West City of Bijar. I ask the Transsquad If they can drop me creates at verious positions. No reply.

We reach the TV-Station. I wanted to build a back-up FOB and so I call in Trans. No reply.
I let the Infantry let by my NCO take West City, while staying back with my Namer, still tring to get some suppleys for a FOB. I ask diffrent squads if I could have atleast 1 create of there Logitrucks. No replies. I check Mumble settings, my squadmates can here me and the Commander aswell! However the commander was incapable to speak to trans aswell, so I I decided to take the Mosque in the eastern part of the City (next flag). So finally hen we reach the Mosque, the Transsquad (with a new leader) replies to me and brings me a create. Now we have a perfect postion. We have a good House to defend. the Apc is closeby and has a perfekt view over the city and my HAT gunner can take out enemy Armour comming into the City. Now I get a question like this: "Can I leaf the mosque and hunt some enemys?" NONONO! You are not allowed to run away! I want all my guys defending the flag. the next flag would be Radio Station, that can not be captured by lonewolfing from the City.

I try to talk to every single squad, to coordinat them to attack and us to defend. Apperantly only Commander and CAS got mics. (Trans crashed and left already)
So I have two options, I attack with my Mech INF or I defend the City. So we stay and defend for the first part, maybe the other squads will eventually start doing something.

So we take down a FOB, mutible squads, a BMP and a Tank.
Since I was the Driver of the Namer and we took a hit from a Tank, we decide to go rtb. On the way out of the city we get killed by an Enemy Havok. My Gunner has to go and so I have 6 guys in the City and I myself am at mainbase. I take a truck and drive to my squad. I spook to CAS that I want to use there bombs to help my squad take the radio station.

But before we go to radio station I change vehicle to an humvve (faster) and drive up to an enemy FOB in the Moutains North of us, this is were the enemy bomb there own Firebase and we take a BMP down. After that we died due to our luck running out and well entranced enemys.

So after that we spawned at main, took another Namer and destroyed a 2. FOB. I set an Area Attack on Radio, Call in CAS, let my NCO lead the Infantry towards the Flag and let my gunner of the APC give suppressing fire on the enemys. Basicly a perfect attack, something you good make a movie about, BUT Round is ending... (anti-climatic I know :-/, but we won anyway)

After the Round I talk to my NCO on TS. We both agreed that everything went better then expected, since we could have gotten way worth pubbies. Every single one did good-ok and you cant really wish for more. However we remarkt taht you had been the most enjoing Squadmember by far. Now This is no offense. I like squadmembers that talk, but I don't want to be asked every 2 seconds, if you could lonewolf the enemys now. Why did you even join my squad? If I remember correctly you got like 7-1 or 9-1 in K/d. So is it really that bad playing in a squad?

- Steckdose200
Last edited by Steckdose200; 2014-05-02 at 14:50..
Old 2014-05-02, 14:51   #39
Portable.Cougar

You guys are all really good.

There is such a thing as too much back seat SLing.
Portable.Cougar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 14:52   #40
Vicious302
Banned

I can't even reply to that whole thing steckdose because you guys are now having a hypothetical conversation about a round that neither of you immediate know was the same or not... LOL.

I usually have more problems with arrogant squad members then squad leaders, but maybe that's because I'm a squad leader all the time.

But Nate I'm wondering what this clan filled server of skill you play on is and where I can find these L33T soldiers so I can kill them, win 3 rounds as top player, top squad, post my screenshots and move on with this discussion. Clan battles are the periphery in my opinion because your talking about a 400 PR players max, vs. the 4000 public players that keep the servers filled. Forgotten Honor and Tournaments are not was I was talking about they are exclusive communities that keep to themselves and seldom leach their team play onto public servers, from 8 years of playing there I can tell you that. They also did clan battles, which I was part of, and infantry game play is neither realistic or fun and that's why we don't have 247 infantry servers or organized clan matches that everyone knows about.
Vicious302 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bad, clans, dealing, egotistical