project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Closed Thread

Old 2015-11-02, 06:40   #31
blayas
Default Re: Broken Turret Stab\Accel

Come in support of the new change implemented by devs , may need some adjustments but we are certainly on the right track , do what is necessary, but not return to the unreality of towers that move much faster than their real counterparts .
Old 2015-11-02, 06:50   #32
Chefmoto1
Supporting Member

I think a lot of people that are upset about the changes are fine with the speed, unhappy with the weird mouse acceleration.
Old 2015-11-02, 07:07   #33
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefmoto1 View Post
I think a lot of people that are upset about the changes are fine with the speed, unhappy with the weird mouse acceleration.
exactly. I had no problem moving my turret around fairly quickly, but when actually going for a target, it was not easy because the momentum of the movement of the turret makes it go back and forth from where you want to aim.

Old 2015-11-02, 07:52   #34
solidfire93

every one is butthurt !!

guys give it more time and wait till they fix or tweak it

these guys are not EA !! It's PR Dev's, im sure they will make better for all of us

btw i would like to point out that the Deviation indicator helps alot

but at the same time make easer to snipe or kill some one but its not OP

you still need to take it easy and take your time if you want maximum killshot

i sniped on the jamaica map last night and it was amazing but i missed couple of targets coz i shot too fast (just for sake of testing) and it helps alot ! make infy better in PR

hope this armour issue wont be as bad as ppl say it ! im sure there will be fixes and tweaks

please old players don't leave us i hate when i read some one says ''it makes me stop playing PR''

maybe its time to do something else instade of tank

i think this will prevent assat whoring and give noob/intermediate players like us a chance to try out tanks APC before we get kicked from squads bcoz the Tag holders made the squad and it just for thier friends (which is totally normal for me since i love trans and infy squads and i'll make one)

hope this update dont split the community ! idk does the big issue is the tank turrets now ?!
Old 2015-11-02, 08:09   #35
Zeno

Looking from the realistic point of view, yes, you should not be able to 360 in 2 sec, but my experience as a real life gunner says that the sliding effect is very unnattural and unrealistic, when you let go og the stick the hydraulic motor stop and locks the cogs into position. A system where you would use WASD would be more realistic.
Old 2015-11-02, 08:43   #36
Xander[nl]
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]M42 Zwilling View Post
The only known ways to get turn rate limitations to actually work are b) enable a setting called RememberExcessInput, which does just what you'd think
Don't want to spoil the party but you do know whoever owns a mouse with sensitivity settings can easily overrule the turret traverse limitation? I can instantly multiply my DPI and the turret turns as fast as I want it to. Once players get used to the acceleration it will become completely unbalanced. It's what happens in FH2.
Old 2015-11-02, 08:54   #37
[R-MOD]FFG
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
This may have to do with everyone being butthurt about the effectiveness of an experienced crew in Armor. I would chalk this up to the players being content not coming to the forums to counter-complain.
Too good at video games, plz nerf.

Seriously though, this is stupid. You shouldn't nerf something because people are good at it.

Old 2015-11-02, 08:57   #38
[R-MOD]FFG
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Real life fire control systems have brakes on the turret to stop you from accelerating past your target.

Old 2015-11-02, 09:14   #39
Armchairman_Mao
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFG View Post
Too good at video games, plz nerf.

Seriously though, this is stupid. You shouldn't nerf something because people are good at it.
There actually is limit to how fast turrets can turn IRL.

Most obvious in early T-72(IIRC it was less than 20 degrees per second, which actually will take more than 12 seconds to do 360). That had to do with stabilizers(which stops working above 18-20degrees per second).

Make turret controlled by WASD is the final solution and, imo, the best one.
Old 2015-11-02, 10:30   #40
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander[nl] View Post
Don't want to spoil the party but you do know whoever owns a mouse with sensitivity settings can easily overrule the turret traverse limitation? I can instantly multiply my DPI and the turret turns as fast as I want it to. Once players get used to the acceleration it will become completely unbalanced. It's what happens in FH2.
Try to overrule in 1.3.5 plz.
We specifically implemented this feature to disallow playing with DPI.

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
Closed Thread

Tags
apc, bad, broken, rotating, stabaccel, turret