project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
22 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2021-10-18, 18:49   #31
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Recoil has destroyed gunplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm View Post
I notice. It's my job to notice little things like that.
What job?! Who is paying you?!

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-19, 10:09   #32
Brotherscompany

After getting used to the recoil update l think l have a clearer opinion about it.

First the positives aspects:

- You cant lazer beam people anymore with high RPM weapons
- Semi-auto is actually a viable in CQB (not even going to mention Close-Medium range because it was already a viable option in the past alongside full auto).

Negative aspects:

Semi auto was intended to be a alternative to full auto by being able to precisely hit your shots like you guys said multiple times, as it stands players just simply spam the fuck out of single mode without being accurate and get a kill (its the META)
-Full auto a scoped weapon its almost a death sentence, this freaking sucks to people that suffer from FPS issues like myself due to the game engine the scope was the only way to make the game playable inside urban areas and some woodland maps
- The hipfire is so unreliable due to the new recoil, going around the corner and missing my shots on someone laying down 1-2m away from me and dying because of it
- Burst fire is completely destroyed, l feel more secured going on Semi-auto into buildings than burst mode, the recoil is all over the place
- Semi auto is too strong and full auto is almost unriable in CQB like 5-10m distances you will get yourself killed for using full auto, this has happened multiple times not only to me but other players which leads to my other complain semi auto is too strong and it almost on the same level as full auto at distances which it shouldn't even be the case
- Might be me but handguns feel worse now, and l have been SL a lot could just be me didnt saw anyone else mention it.

I still hate this update but l see its point but it still needs tweaking as it stands sometimes it makes no sense. Reduce semi auto effectiveness in CQB l shouldn't be killing someone in full auto cause lm spamming the fuck auto of single, slightly reduce the recoil so people dont get killed in CQB using full auto and so that hipfire doesnt miss as well, but no so you cant fill auto at Close-Medium distance

https://youtu.be/nZgnQdzs4Cw - this video illustrates the current situation of the recoil in extreme CQB (1-2m), burst mode and hip fire, it shows the dude missing almost all shots even though he had to compensate for the other player going down the wall he landed 1 shot on the ground and all the others missed
Brotherscompany is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-19, 22:06   #33
Cpt.Future
Supporting Member

Thumbs up Re: Recoil has destroyed gunplay

I finally had time to play a couple of rounds since the update and I have to say that I really like the changes.

Shooting semi on short-mid ranges, esp. with guns like the G36, is way more satisfying now and finally the better option (again). Also spraying a full mag at very short ranges still works fine.

I wasn't able to test all of the main rifles, but I'm enjoying the recoil update so far.

Cpt.Future is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-20, 01:46   #34
dcm

I cant get used to these new changes. And I dont think it's muscle memory related. Yes you may have evened out the performance gap between low and high rof weapons. But, semi auto and burst fire feel worse, objectively worse. Doesn't matter what range. The guns somehow feel less controllable in single fire. I could not hit an insurgent sapper 5m from me who was prone and facing away planting an ied. He got up to ran and pulled out his pistol and turned around and got me. This shouldn't happen at all!

On Basrah; I was about 20m from another insurgent sapper who was walking, not running in an open field in the desert. I was using ironsight l85a2 and I could not hit him for shit. I'm a pretty good shot with ironsights, but all my shots were missing. I wasn't even actively compensating for recoil at that time, I was letting the gun ride the recoil and only repositioning the sights after the gun had stopped recoiling visually. I ran up to him and we had a semi auto duel. We both had to reload and I swapped to full auto. I only won because I had full auto. His pistol got me black and white.

On Bamyan; I was taliban medic with SKS. I chased an american sniper on the big hill. He turned around and shot at me with his pistol. I dumped a whole mag in his direction. Only when I had to reload did he get me.

Just recently like 15-20 minutes ago. I was USMC combat engineer on fallujah. I had M4 with the Eotech. I saw an insurgent like 15m away from planting an ied. I opened fire and hit him once. He ran behind cover, I moved up and was still on single fire. I could not hit him. He got me good. No time to drop patch. Reload and swap to burst fire. We both rounded the same corner and I got him on the 4th or 5th burst. I was actively compensating for recoil that time. Same round, I spawn on fob and there's a civi. I move into arrest him with cuffs, he picks up a usmc kit and demolishes me in semi auto, while my gun is still doing the long ass draw animation.

Look I'm not saying to revert the changes wholesale. I'm saying you gotta do something to balance out single shot performance. Because semi auto and burst fire is especially weak. Full auto is somehow more powerful. Full auto rifle users have never had it easier but everyone else who relies on aimed rapid fire is horribly screwed.
dcm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-20, 21:22   #35
Conman51

I really like the new changes overall.

Machine Guns are a little weird, but its something that can be trained around.
Conman51 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-30, 19:29   #36
SemlerPDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm View Post
On Basrah; I was about 20m from another insurgent sapper who was walking, not running in an open field in the desert. I was using ironsight l85a2 and I could not hit him for shit. I'm a pretty good shot with ironsights, but all my shots were missing. I wasn't even actively compensating for recoil at that time, I was letting the gun ride the recoil and only repositioning the sights after the gun had stopped recoiling visually. I ran up to him and we had a semi auto duel. We both had to reload and I swapped to full auto. I only won because I had full auto. His pistol got me black and white.
"Knife to meet you!"

https://youtu.be/w-hI1j17Im4?t=90

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-31, 10:58   #37
dcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemlerPDX View Post
"Knife to meet you!"

https://youtu.be/w-hI1j17Im4?t=90

You know I've never watched a single episode until now. I've heard of the series and saw it in my youtube recommendations, But never had the desire to check it out till now.
Old 2021-11-05, 21:43   #38
saXoni
Supporting Member

Considering my stance on 'drastic' changes in general this is gonna sound fucking nuts, but I really don't mind the new recoil. I hadn't played PR in many months until a couple of days ago, and it felt like a breath of fresh air rather than a step in the wrong direction. Now there's an even stronger incentive to take your time and make sure your first shot lands - and hope it registers.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-23, 14:47   #39
Danesh_italiano
Supporting Member

Even MP5/VZ61 recoil is shit now, VERY UNREALISTIC

REVERT PLIS. 10Q

I only know that I know nothing. Só sei que nada sei. Sólo sé que no sé nada. So solo di non sapere nulla. Tantum scio me nihil scire. Je sais seulement que je ne sais rien. Tiedän vain, etten tiedä mitään. Ich weiss nur dass ich nichts weiss. Ek weet net dat ek niks weet nie. Wiem tylko, ?e nic nie wiem. Heoi ko ahau anake e mohio ana kahore au e mohio. Ngiyazi kuphela ukuthi angazi lutho.
Danesh_italiano is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-28, 22:39   #40
dcm

I dont wanna start a new thread.

Recoil just dont feel right. It feels 'off.'

The scorpion and mp5 and most pistol caliber weapons, still feel way too high. The 1911 has the same recoil as a battle rifle; around 4.5° per shot, when aiming down sights.

You know, I think this whole; 'Six Second Settle Down System.' Needs to be looked at too. Six seconds is an awful lot of time to be standing still, and lining up your shot. Especially in a game like this where people have little incentive to camp. I think the system should remain for sniper rifles and other long range weapons. But should be lessened for service rifles and pistol caliber weapons. Just recently I was using an M14 EBR on Karbala as a frontline combat rifle when assaulting an SPG emplacement. What got me killed was the god damn deviation. We were less than 5m apart and I saw my bullets go around the guy, hitting the wall in front of him. He turned around and frag me with an RKG. Now I know I was using the rifle outside of it's intended role. But come on. Seeing bullets deviate so much at such close range too? Why, that's fucking bullshit. This is why shotguns are becoming my preferred weapon in the game. You always gonna hit something.