project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2022-04-05, 21:47   #31
BigBigMonkeyMan
Supporting Member

Default Re: v 1.7.1 Make the bleed effect Red Again

I have only played a couple of rounds, but it did make them considerably more frustrating after getting shot. Yes, the blood effect did look little dated, like early 2010s, but the game is literally 2005. Nobody complained about the blood effect. The new wounded effect simply obscures too much vision to the point that following a medic's instructions about where to go when revived or on low health can be unnecessarily difficult. Maybe widen the cone of vision, but that would be confused with the suppression effect, which I very much like. The blood effect obscured enough of your vision for the desired. If anything, bring back the black and white effect if possible at <10% health.

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive.' Today we celebrate our independence day!"
BigBigMonkeyMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-06, 11:17   #32
WingWalker

The comments people are making here are hilarious to read through.

"I should be able to fight a war when I am only 25% alive!"
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-06, 12:12   #33
Brotherscompany

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWalker View Post
The comments people are making here are hilarious to read through.

"I should be able to fight a war when I am only 25% alive!"
Go play ARMA no need to slowly erase the fun and personality of this game
Brotherscompany is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-06, 20:21   #34
MOSES!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleon View Post
The current effects hinder visibility less when you get hit compared to the old one. It might be hard to compare since you have no easy way of going back, but my immediate reaction to the change was "wow I can still see" after getting hit. And playing with the new effect and then switching back to the old one to compare, you really couldn't see shit with the blood texture on the screen before. You're under fire visibility is actually better now than it was, it's just not what you are expecting.
Cause the old bleed system was there for a long time everyone got used to it and the update was sudden players didn't know if they were getting hit or suppressed. players just have to adapt to the situation it may take a couple of weeks or months playing but players would get used to it over time maybe tweak the darkness on the hp to see a Lil better but quitting and complaining is not gonna help just keep playing and the devs will find a way to resolve the issue.
MOSES!! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-06, 22:01   #35
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismaelassassin View Post
I like this change very much! And the Red is back! (although barely noticeable below 25) consider myself satisfied!
Very interesting comment. I like it a lot. Mainly because the video shows the bleeding effect present in the current game version. The same one you complained about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyNinja View Post
Perhaps it should be stated that the bleeding effect does not appear at all above 75% of health and anything above ~40% of health is actually way less severe than the old bleeding effect. In practice it means most of non-combat damage (like jumping a few meters down from a wall) will not impact your efficiency as much as before. To get this high falling damage (over 60%) you need to jump from a 3rd floor (around 13m height).

In terms of the red colour, it is already present although it may be fading out too quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotherscompany View Post
Now its just a complete Dark Fuck you your vision seems like gets a lot more obstructed and the black is way more tunnel vision than the red which was slightly transparent, the HP darkness feels so bad lm loosing because a dude is simply able to get a shot on me and now l cant see. I still need some more time for constructive feedback but it just hinders the gameplay
So a texture fully covering your screen for almost a second (old bleed) does not obstruct the view as much as a tunnel effect which, as the name suggests, never fully blocks the center of the screen (new bleed)? This is a very interesting theory but perhaps it should be reconsidered.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-07, 04:03   #36
[R-COM]ismaelassassin
Chilean Forces 1978 Faction Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchar View Post
Very interesting comment. I like it a lot. Mainly because the video shows the bleeding effect present in the current game version. The same one you complained about.
Guess i was able to concentrate more on the effect itself now than in the middle of battle before. All i saw back then was black , and i did noticed later that the red fades too quick the lower your health goes
ismaelassassin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-11, 22:42   #37
WingWalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotherscompany View Post
Go play ARMA no need to slowly erase the fun and personality of this game
It hardly erases anything in the experience of PR.

Drama Queen.
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-11, 23:46   #38
Coalz101

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWalker View Post
It hardly erases anything in the experience of PR.

Drama Queen.
Thing is, even in Arma its easier to kill AIs (Gonna say AIs instead of Players since Arma is primarily PvE) with low health than in PR at this point. Arma doesn't make your entire screen go pitch black so on a realism scale PR is as bad/worse than a COD game in terms of wounded/low health portrayal.
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-13, 21:56   #39
chupachupp

I have gotten used to the new effect a little more, but I still think it needs adjustment. Mainly because it isn't immediately clear if I've have been hit or if I'm suppressed.
chupachupp is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-14, 06:25   #40
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chupachupp View Post
I have gotten used to the new effect a little more, but I still think it needs adjustment. Mainly because it isn't immediately clear if I've have been hit or if I'm suppressed.
The last update increased the amount of red from initial hit quite a bit. Is it still not noticeable enough?

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote