project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Modding Tutorials
08 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Modding Tutorials Information and tutorials related to modding BF2.

Old 2008-02-25, 18:50   #31
LekyIRL

Okay I fixed that problem(thanks Pride) but now it only creates the file tx00x00.dds
LekyIRL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 13:13   #32
Chanvlan
Default OMG!

i am really annoyed i have spent sooo long trying to get his to work but it wont, i keep getting this problem its an error message and states that bf2_split.exe has suffered an error do you want to send an error message yes/no. now this is really anoying me i have tried EVERYTHING and it will not work for me. is it possible for someone else to convert my file for me? if so i'd really appreciate it cuase i am really looking forward to making my map thnx guys THIS IS URGENT!
Last edited by Chanvlan; 2008-04-24 at 13:35..
Old 2008-05-01, 14:39   #33
space
Banned

I Presume you would use this as a template to make a map rather than the actual colourmap or maybe Im wrong? Anyway I was just posting to point out some great software I "got" which could be usefull for this.
Its called stichmaps and what is does is take over google earth. You define a large area for it, and it then zooms into them all, saves the pictures and them stiches them together for you minus all the scrolbars etc. so basically you get a very large high definition picture of your chosen area - very useful
space is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 20:27   #34
Ragni<RangersPL>
Default Re: [Tutorial] Image Colormaps

I've done everything according to this tutorial but when I load up my edytor there's no change...

...but there are proper looking files in colormaps directory.

Does this method works with scale 4 maps?

Couple details:
- my map size: 1024x4
- colorbig.tga texture resolution: 4096x4096
- colormaps texture resolution: 512x512 (files from tx00x00 to tx07x07)

Thanks for any help
Ragni<RangersPL> is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 22:47   #35
turnpipe
Supporting Member

If your using gimp to paint with it may not make the right .dds file.
Use the program Paint.net to convert it into the proper .tga file.
If Tpaint is running properly you might have some files in the wrong folder.

turnpipe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 09:35   #36
Ragni<RangersPL>

OK. I've figured it out
Last edited by Ragni<RangersPL>; 2008-08-17 at 10:33..
Old 2008-08-17, 11:37   #37
space
Banned

As I mentioned stichmaps is a great program for making large high res images of an area.
Heres the link :

StitchMaps

Just to explain how it works - If you have a say a 4km on google earth, then the pic res will be quite low.

Stitchmaps automatically zooms in on each smaller square, to get a higher resolution, and then stiches them together into one high res, big picture - minus all the icons etc.

Ive got the program so if you cant afford it I could produce one if you PM me.
space is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 00:15   #38
badmojo420
Supporting Member

I'm having problems getting this working. I am running vista, so maybe that is causing the problem. I follow the steps and when i go back to the editor there is no change in the terrain textures. I can get it to apply the colormap in the menus with import colormap and select colormap, but then i get runtime errors after that.

Any help would be appriciated. If you can't tell i'm new to mapping. Done a few tutorials, made a basic first map, but beyond that i know very little.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 13:00   #39
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Just as a reminder, if you're following the resize chart for a 1024x4 map, don't make a 8192x8912 resolution .tga picture, you probably won't be able to open it ever ever again because your PC most likely doesn't have enough RAM to do that.
I did and now I have a useless 200 Mb .tga file

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 17:44   #40
alexandrei07
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmojo420 View Post
I'm having problems getting this working. I am running vista, so maybe that is causing the problem. I follow the steps and when i go back to the editor there is no change in the terrain textures. I can get it to apply the colormap in the menus with import colormap and select colormap, but then i get runtime errors after that.

Any help would be appriciated. If you can't tell i'm new to mapping. Done a few tutorials, made a basic first map, but beyond that i know very little.
I've the same problem, I followed the tutorials and my level crash, but I don't know if a low RAM problem or texture treatment (tga , GIMP).

Level link: The map is loaded but it leaves to the desk when the squadron is selected, any help!!

alt_2 - Windows Live SkyDrive
alexandrei07 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
colormaps, image, tutorial