project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-08-06, 07:24   #31
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

And instaprone around corner, eh

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 07:42   #32
Bowskill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz View Post
And instaprone around corner, eh
Instaprone? I don't know all the BF2 terms, only used to play vanilla once every few months.
Bowskill is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 08:54   #33
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Good, if you see it, dont use it...

Old 2007-08-07, 06:23   #34
LeadMagnet
Retired PR Developer

I'll place my spec-ops kit against anyone in the forrest or in an urban area. It's a thinking man's kit and having carried a C8 for so many years when not behind the rifle it's nearly second nature for me.

“Without Warning, Sans Remorse”
LeadMagnet is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 13:30   #35
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

If only 12 year old 1337 had the ability to think, though....

Old 2007-08-07, 15:37   #36
Mongolian_dude
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSgt.Lang |3-5| View Post
I'll place my spec-ops kit against anyone in the forrest or in an urban area. It's a thinking man's kit and having carried a C8 for so many years when not behind the rifle it's nearly second nature for me.
From what i see, its the "one man army, 1337 rambo" kit.
The most thought i have ever seen is to request the sniper kit and if not, the marksman kit.
I'll go up against you with the H&K MG, yeah? Because you do realise i only have to hit you once and your worm food. Or even rifleman. We'll have a 2 man firefight at 200m, which means that you will have to treat your rifle like a mortar, considering that i have x3 your range.....aswell as 1 hit kill still.
Why not i go war-vet on Albasrah and you go 1337 ops?

As long as we have decent pings, the SF kit is really quite appalling. In PR, atm, the 7.62 prevails. As much as i say that, the M16 is my fav weapon . I played one match of Al Kufrah and all of a sudden, it all was so simple. Its great, especialy that rifleman is not requested AND a teamplay worthy kit.

...mongol...

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 16:50   #37
LeadMagnet
Retired PR Developer

Again, as I said the 1st time, in a forested or urban area I'd eat your pretty little HG for breakfast...after I flanked you and shot you in the back of the head when I easily tracked down your location due to the sound. For shits and giggles I'd probably even plant a slam on your corpse to smoke any brave medic that tried to revive your ass as well.

I've been in the dirty tricks business a long, long time. The point I'm trying to get across is that when properly employed the spec ops kit has it's uses just like any other. "Rambo's" aren't restricted to that kit alone.

Old 2007-08-07, 17:00   #38
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Hi! No body armor? Well, thats a shame *reloads and goes on*

Old 2007-08-07, 17:26   #39
Mongolian_dude
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Again, as I said the 1st time, in a forested or urban area I'd eat your pretty little HG for breakfast...after I flanked you and shot you in the back of the head when I easily tracked down your location due to the sound. For shits and giggles I'd probably even plant a slam on your corpse to smoke any brave medic that tried to revive your ass as well.
Well, that kind of implies that we are playing in a full-out match with 64 players where i would be blasting away, not the 1v1 you suggested. I dont really think that the SF kit would be anything special there. Every kit has a gun.
The thing is, its easy to say "after i flanked you". emplying that the squad you were with(in 1v1?) has me distracted and pinned.
Then going on to say " i would throw a slam on your body!" then saying "Its not only for 'Rambos" is like dipping aspirin in arsenic. Completely contradictory.

Quote:
I've been in the dirty tricks business a long, long time. The point I'm trying to get across is that when properly employed the spec ops kit has it's uses just like any other. "Rambo's" aren't restricted to that kit alone.
Yes, i too was in the dirty tricks business(like most that played vBF2). It wasnt until .4 that i stopped whoring SF and realised that there was such a thing called teamwork. Lucky i did anyway, because the .4 M4 was nicknamed the laser gun because of its lack of recoil and X-TREEEM rate of fire.
beleive me, i know about sneaky lonewolf crap. My Fav vBF2 map was Shongua Stalemate, which i played religiously (I know! lol). You may go on about how UBER you are with the M4, but you can just prone dive with an M4 and rake up some kills, but are you skillful or E1337? No.

The REAL use of SF is to carry out SF missions, ie Demolition of the enemy commander trailer. The REAL skill involved is not how many people you can shoot, but how many you can stop yourself from shooting and how you dont get shot while doing it.

...mongol...

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 19:04   #40
LeadMagnet
Retired PR Developer

My we are full of ourselves today aren't we. I first mentioned that I prefer the SF kit in heavily forested areas or urban environments. You then challenge me to a 1 on 1 where you have an open fire lane of 200m. As you would say; "Completely contradictory".

For that matter, I made no mention of a 1 on 1, only that I'd take that sf kit up against any other infantry class in those circumstances that favour CQB.

In regards to my "Rambo" comment I was simply pointing out that any kit can be used by the online rambo's to run off on their merry adventures towards a quick dirt nap. SF kit is hardly alone there.

Could be worse....could be another helo whore who unloads his rockets into friendlies at the first sign of a flag going white....again.

Tags
guide, ops, spec