project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2007
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-12, 00:33   #31
Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaky View Post
The only thing I am worried about is the support trucks spawning at the command post. Support trucks are what often win a game for a team, because they are forward spawnpoints
It's been stated that clown car spawning will no longer exist for exactly that reason.
Old 2007-12-12, 03:14   #32
Tweaky

@dbzao & wolfe: Interesting to know that now then

Good good.

Once this version is released, I might make a Commander/Officer guide, so people understand exactly what needs to be done to make effective asset placements. Otherwise we'll have really uneducated officers placing things in vulnerable locations. Also the fact that the bunkers and firebases act strange when near cramped areas... thus they stand really high. So I could clear that up on effective placements that don't have that issue.

I at least now like that they don't take away tickets... because before, placing things near trees wouldn't make the asset deploy. Should almost have an 'error' message for such locations saying "Cannot place in this area, need more space" sort of thing.
Old 2007-12-12, 08:38   #33
MadTommy
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Masaq View Post
Whooo! My phrase is catching on!

Can we get "Commander" renamed to "Cat Herder" please? .
now come on mate.. i've been using this for ages.. you must of coppied me, hehe
Old 2007-12-12, 19:27   #34
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonious_Bloc View Post
What are the limits on building AA and sandbags, ect?

I can see a squad going crazy and using up all the available assets. Or will there only be a set number allowed around each bunker?

Just curious.
One firebase and one bunker per two CPs on a map, given that a lot of maps don't really have a lot of CPs, 8 seems to be the standard in PR (Qwai, Mestia, Kashan). Also, they can be easily destroyed with tanks or Heavy/Light AT.

Also, there already is a rule of one AA gun per bunker/firebase, the razor/sandbags don't really get spammed, but you can have a lot of them, as you need to protect a larger area with them.

Old 2007-12-12, 21:56   #35
Waaah_Wah
Banned

No commander placed TOW? *cry*
Old 2007-12-13, 04:10   #36
NYgurkha

no commander placed MG? bha, who cares! .7 gonna be awsome!!! WOOO!!! Keep up the amazing work devs!
Old 2007-12-13, 12:14   #37
nicoX
Supporting Member

How do trucks spawn at the CP. Do you get a truck after you have deployed a CP, and how much trucks and how often. Isn't there a chance that the trucks will fall in the wrong hands if not the commander deploys it and gets it right away?

Old 2007-12-13, 18:14   #38
joselucca
Supporting Member

Excellent ideas. someone, earlier, made a comment about a CO with out a mic....what the hell? it should be a prerequisite that you have voice in order to command or be a squad leader.
Old 2007-12-13, 18:20   #39
Raniak

People always put the command post on the carrier in Jabal, so the truck will spawn on the carrier and we will not be able to build stuff on the land ?
Old 2007-12-13, 18:25   #40
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raniak View Post
People always put the command post on the carrier in Jabal, so the truck will spawn on the carrier and we will not be able to build stuff on the land ?
been twaked, and on jabal commander trucks will spawn at the beach flags aswell

Closed Thread

Tags
assets, commander, gameplay