project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2007
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-28, 20:13   #31
Farks

This is just... Wow. Ever since BF2 was released, I've been dreaming about the day when AA finally is given the power it should have.

Two questions:
1. Will the AAVs have seperated driver and gunner positions?
2. Have the AAA gone through any changes/improvements?
Old 2007-12-28, 20:16   #32
CAS_117

The damage missiles do is random. Well not random, but it depends on the closure rate. 1 will usually heavily damage, destroy, or set on fire what it hits. 2 is a bullet in the head. We can get much closer to reality as far as handling goes.
Old 2007-12-28, 22:29   #33
Jedimushroom
Supporting Member

I am wondering how the eurofighter will be balanced against the other aircraft, it isn't a whole lot better but it is quite a bit more advanced and has a much better turn rate than say the J-10.

"God will strike him down when he checks his email and sees young Fighter has turd burgling tendancies. Could you imagine going to church knowing your son takes it up the wrong 'un?" - [R-Dev]Gaz on 'Fighter137'
Old 2007-12-29, 00:21   #34
markonymous

im just annoyed that the DEVs talk about balance everywhere but when it comes to planes they dont give a rats ass. Idk how theyre gonna make an aproximation to the apaches ability to destroy almost every single piece of armour including AA vehicles in kashan desert within 30 sec. From 7 kms away...
Old 2007-12-29, 01:06   #35
Farks

Quote:
Originally Posted by markonymous View Post
im just annoyed that the DEVs talk about balance everywhere but when it comes to planes they dont give a rats ass. Idk how theyre gonna make an aproximation to the apaches ability to destroy almost every single piece of armour including AA vehicles in kashan desert within 30 sec. From 7 kms away...
A desert is a open area, which is not a good place for an Apache if the enemy has AAVs. Even if you managed to disable the enemies SAMs (and that would just be temporary btw) they can still use their AAA against you.

I think the devs know what they are doing. Let's wait and see if they have something to say about it...
Old 2007-12-29, 01:39   #36
solodude23

Quote:
Originally Posted by markonymous View Post
What a great attitude you have. You might wanna play .7 before judging with the word "ass" in your post.
Old 2007-12-29, 07:43   #37
Clypp

We can lock onto the armed littlebirds now so Qwai becomes a fair fight now right?
Old 2007-12-29, 08:32   #38
CAS_117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clypp View Post
We can lock onto the armed littlebirds now so Qwai becomes a fair fight now right?
Well 1 littlebird with 14 hydras and 2 miniguns Vs a mobile air defense network? I think that as fas as air defense/ attack goes it needs to be coordinated by the commanders respectively. In PR the aircraft have never really had to rely on each other to survive, always just an arcadey button mashing.

http://www.geocities.com/d_elazar/USA/bekaa.pdf

Bekka valley is an example about how superior intelligence and tactics will prevail, regardless of platforms involved. I am growing tired of "oh well I have weapon XYZ, so I win." No, it should be "I have weapon X, my opponent has weapon Y, and now I will deploy in such a way that minimizes X's weaknesses and exploits Y's". So this whole mentality of building a massive wall of airdefenses or just charging into a SAM weapons free needs to be removed from PR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farks View Post
This is just... Wow. Ever since BF2 was released, I've been dreaming about the day when AA finally is given the power it should have.
Well the door swings both ways IRL. As good as SAM's are, there are just as many AG weapons, most with longer range and are not targeting a maneuvering object, such as a SAM site.
Last edited by CAS_117; 2007-12-29 at 08:41..
Old 2007-12-29, 09:13   #39
MadTommy
Supporting Member

Quote:I love the idea of circling at high altitude in a safe part of the map... recieve an attack order and lazer spot..then flares popping all the way, coming in to attack and bugging out asap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technoelite View Post
Yeah u do that you run out of chaff and then a bloke on the ground with a stinger gets u thats if u are in a chopper, in a plane it gonna be mobile aa, especallly on the battle of quilling with all teh trees
So what you are saying is.. if i dont use my flares i'll have them when i need them?... i think you need to re-read how the flares & AA work or re-read my post. Either way you seem a little confussed.
Old 2007-12-29, 11:09   #40
MikeDude

dude. isn't that the pilot can see where the missle is coming from in real?
Closed Thread

Tags
flares, gameplay