project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

View Poll Results: Should squad named assets have advantage over others?
Yes 288 59.14%
No 143 29.36%
Not sure 56 11.50%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-25, 05:04   #31
Fearosius

Views are quite different, let me re-phrase that I am fine with it only if the squad is made "AT THE BEGINNING OF THE ROUND".
Old 2008-03-25, 08:16   #32
Halcyon

Doesn't matter when a squad is made.
It's an open community.
Old 2008-03-25, 09:50   #33
Pluizert

Never! The first to get inside the cockpit wins! When he is a noob and crashes it on the runway, you can flame and TK him all that round!
Old 2008-03-25, 11:23   #34
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emnyron View Post
Its a game, and unthill we get a game with MANDATORY tests and drills and whatnot for EATCH AND EVRY role that you can possibly think of in the game enviroment, Its first come first served..
I loved the first aid tests on AA

If a server is well admined the first come first served ethos can be gotten rid of in favour of a more advantageous asset allocation.

Old 2008-03-25, 12:40   #35
Billy_Crook_Foot

I get annoyed with anybody waiting for assets. These people are plain and simple dead weight on your team.

If there is an asset available then go and use it, it shouldn't be out of your reach because somebody has wasted their time standing around for it.

If you only want to play on type of vehicle why don't you just do everyone a favour, most importantly yourself, and buy a proper simulator game?

I think people should expect to divide their time during a round into the same proportion that vehicles are handed out. 60% you are Inf, 30% armour, 10% Air. This just can't happen when you've got tools standing around main base losing the map. If my squad is out in the desert getting kicked in the nuts repeatedly by an enemy APC, you can be damn sure I'll ask somebody to spawn back at main and see if they can bring something up to counter it. (YEah, yeah, tell the commander if he/she is even present.) What happens when the sqaud mates then spawn at main only to find a bunch of bored vehicle campers shooting at each others feet to get get the suppression effect? Get out there.
Old 2008-03-25, 13:56   #36
CmdSgtRas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_Crook_Foot View Post
I get annoyed with anybody waiting for assets. These people are plain and simple dead weight on your team.

If my squad is out in the desert getting kicked in the nuts repeatedly by an enemy APC, you can be damn sure I'll ask somebody to spawn back at main and see if they can bring something up to counter it. What happens when the sqaud mates then spawn at main only to find a bunch of bored vehicle campers shooting at each others feet to get get the suppression effect? Get out there.
I totally agree. This is what you see on Al Basrah and Kashan all the time. I understand maybe one or two vehicle crews waiting but when you spawn back to pick up some armor and there are two full squads just wasting away there's no wonder the team is bleeding tickets like there's no tomorrow.
Old 2008-03-25, 17:55   #37
bullock

i stay away from assets for the sheer fact that i havnt played the game long enough to be able to use them right, plus i like just running around as infantry getting up close and personal rather than being miles away.
Old 2008-03-25, 17:59   #38
Zimmer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emnyron View Post
random "Stortingspolitiker" (Read, tard/nublet/1337rnotmeguy)
Off topic: Trond giske?

Ontopic: It really depends if the commander and atleast some of the others in the team thinks its cool and the assets squad lets everyone join as long as its a place empty Its cool if the squad leader locks his squad and lets only some people join they shouldnt get first right.
Old 2008-03-25, 19:03   #39
PsychoSquirrel_NZ

problem is that on some servers... the map loads.. and then all these squads are created like CAS, Sniper, Chopper... and guess what? theres only guys from the same clan in it and they lock it and only invite people from the same clan. i have seen this many times.

3 asset squads with the same people in it each round after round because they load slightly faster. then they lock it as soon as they create it, then they invite only their friends. leaving 3 asset squads of the same asset whores for the past 4 maps and then 3 infantry squads with the non-clan people.

ive only seen this problem on 1 certain server (take a guess) though.
Old 2008-03-25, 19:24   #40
DeadboyUSMC

well, sometimes the reason a clan specific armor squad might lock their squad is so that the y can keep the comms clear and related specifically to their mission. Also, would you rather have JohnnySniper576, with no mic, in the turret? Or the guy you've played with for years, and can rely upon?

Not all clans lock the squad because they're a-holes, sometimes it actually helps the team, since it keeps that armor piece up and running longer than the pub squad can (possibly).

Tags
assets, named, privilege, squad