project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2008-12-08, 22:52   #31
steve_06-07

Default Re: [Help] AL BASRAH MAP NIGHT

Looks like it's coming along nicely. Are all the street lights going to be on or are you going to have some off?
steve_06-07 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 23:18   #32
Anderson29
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato_With_A_Rifle View Post
Could you put lights on the vehicles on the night maps? i know it can be done because Rolfbox mod did it
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR2B_Rudd
but you can't turn them off right? or can you?
i wouldnt worry about vehicle lights.....we run blackout on combat patrols and sometimes we dont even use blackout because u can see the blackout lights with the naked eye.

in-game name : Anderson2981
steam : Anderson2981
Anderson29 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 00:07   #33
sittingduck911

nice!!!!
who did you get the NVG working in game?
sittingduck911 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 02:48   #34
elemanoel

albasra_night fly chopper nvg - Xfire Video

is it any beter now?
elemanoel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 10:58   #35
General Dragosh

Looks fine, the night redone will be great
General Dragosh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 07:24   #36
alexandrei07
Banned
Default Re: [Help] AL BASRAH MAP NIGHT?

Hello!!!

This is the last video, It was recorded in low quality, I'll change from low to medium or high

I've a problem, when I am running the light mapping it crash at 2800 objects (ram problem I think), but I see there are a tool (.bat) to do this, I can not to start that, please could you tell me what can I do??

Many Tanks for yours recomendations

advanced alpha:

link download albasrah_night alt 24c: http://rapidshare.com/files/17308516...srah_night.rar

I hope to finish the alt_26a version this week

Tanks elemanoel and the test PRA team for yours help!!!
Last edited by alexandrei07; 2008-12-25 at 13:09..
Old 2008-12-27, 13:58   #37
elemanoel

here are the latest videos, now with thunders

albasrah_night alt_26b - Xfire Video

albasrah_night alt_26b - Xfire Video

guys, we need feedback!
elemanoel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 14:54   #38
marcoelnk
Retired PR Developer

Its ok id say. you must have put quite alot of work into this but it still doents look very relaistic and finished. its too bright around the player and too dark in the distance. also the light glows should have an effect, ie. it should be the only real lightsourse. right now you have the GI lights still as main lightsource thats why the terrain lightmaps are too bright. also the thunder is a bit exaggerated imo.
but keep going...

marcoelnk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 15:15   #39
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Its getting better but heres things i noticed:

lighting is off, the ground near you is light, and I actually like that. For a moonlit night and inside a city you SHOULD be able to see fairly well. Thats just how it is, imo.

BUT, youre buildings are absolutely pitch black, which is not realistic at all. When I was a kid I used to sneak around my neighborhood with a friend all the time in BDUs. 1-3am and we could see perfectly on a moonlit night. The light from the moon, like you have now on basrah, is enough to light both the ground and the buildings around it. Its obviously toned down and not like during the day, but its not pitch black either...

Pitch black works on something like Bi Ming with no moon.

The sky you have now means you need more lighting on the buildings. Maybe find a nice midway point between the buildings and the ground you have now...

And im def not a fan of the lightening. It wont have matching sound ingame[server] and its just looking way too... "across the entire sky". not even across the sky but THE ENTIRE SKY itself turns white... I just dont like it :\

Just add the rumble sound to client side if anything... like Ghost Train
OkitaMakoto is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 10:23   #40
alexandrei07
Banned
Arrow Re: [Help] AL BASRAH MAP NIGHT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]marcoelnk View Post
Its ok id say. you must have put quite alot of work into this but it still doents look very relaistic and finished. its too bright around the player and too dark in the distance. also the light glows should have an effect, ie. it should be the only real lightsourse. right now you have the GI lights still as main lightsource thats why the terrain lightmaps are too bright. also the thunder is a bit exaggerated imo.
but keep going...
The original idea was to do an darkness ambient, then I close the fog and I paint this more dark, the brightness around the player was produce by faked (bf2 editor recomendation) settings. About the thunder you are right.

Our problem are about to make the lightmaps, I have not a .bat tool (developed by RHINO)

The map of lights was carried out in low level of definition and compression DTX1 for the BF2 editor 1.3

I think that for that reason it didn't leave well

I try to aplicate yours recomendations..

many thanks
alexandrei07 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2km, audit, basara, basrah, map, night, request or help, wip