project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2010-01-29, 10:53   #31
General_J0k3r
Default Re: Lone wolf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbiie View Post
Project Reality is NOT about your KDR.
Simple As - there's NO place for a Lone wolf in PR, and those who do it are making their team worse.
i don't agree with your first statement. it is ALL about KDR (unless one gets capped out which i take for given is not happening with good teams that quickly).

teamwork is there to improve the KDR and/or cap out. but with a shitty kdr ur never gonna cap out anyone
General_J0k3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 10:55   #32
[twl]Lan
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]motherdear View Post
just make sure to name your squad something along eng voip and then people will follow your orders. inform them quickly of what you are doing and as soon as you reach the number of people you want you just lock the squad or kick the people that are not listening.
it takes 2 min to do this and it gives you good players
100% good advice.

Good squad names to attract the right players:

ENG VOIP
ENG TEAMW
DEFENSE
SNEAK TW

Avoid "Recon", "Ninja" and such until you play with ppl you know, "cool" squad names attract the wrong ppl.

Give the short speech to each player as he joins, politely kick ppl who doesn't agree with your vision for the round (it is your sqd).

Quote:
Hey guys, everyone got mic? (Look at the sq list)
Sorry, voip required (boot ppl without mic)
Alright, mission goal is to sneak behind enemy lines and hit their infrastructure. Report contacts, hold fire, kits allocation as follows...
Final warning - anyone go 100 meters away from me without authorization gets a warning. Do it again and I will kick you from the sq. Teamwork guys, keep together.
Do it in the first 2 mins as players will be looking for sqds. Be too late and you will not get the best ones.

People without imagination, consideration and plain lacking any *ation makes me question Gods Great plan.
[twl]Lan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 10:58   #33
Koolaid-maker

and plus, even though you might be skilled and all.
true life-militaries never once send people alone on a mission, theres always at least one guy with them.
(Reason: you double the effectiveness while only increasing the chance of being seen by a bit, if both are skilled in sneaking)
And even if your working with the squad, you cant communicate with them as you could if you would just join them:
even if you and the sl in question are both in mumble, you still couldnt see the sl's attack-marker pointing at wherever its pointing at, which makes you less effective than an actual member.
Now, if all squads are full and noone joins your opened squad, your way of doing it is probably the best way, especially if your a medic.
But how often does that happen, really?

The way your doing it, you might be a skilled rambo. But your still a Rambo.
Koolaid-maker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 12:08   #34
Nebsif
Supporting Member

I always open a squad just for the kits and tell every1 to do their own thing.. I'd prefer going with another sneaky dude instead of going alone, but last time I tried it, the other guy took a PKM and sprayed the 1st enemy he saw w/o reporting..
Nebsif is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 13:39   #35
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

I have recently played a few times with a very very competant player, he always wanders off doing recce, but as he is undoubtably very talented he tends to get lots of kills and doesn't die.
He does talk on VOIP and help out, but I have decided I don't want this in a squad I am SLing, hell I don't even want this if I am a SM.
I play PR for the teamwork and the laughs I love that aspect so much more than KD's, points an all that vanilla stuff.

If people want to lone wolf what are they playing PR for, there are so many other games better adapted to this type of gameplay out there.
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 14:32   #36
BossOlen

Although they are hated, sometimes lonewolfs are useful. For example on Muttrah city USMC rarely get past the docks - this could be easily fixed if 1 lonewolf would go behind enemy lines with boat(which is never used) and take out MEC fb-s, every single one of them. It's pretty hard to be sneaky with a full 6-man squad. FB is not hard to take down alone, and taking it down benefits your team alot.
BossOlen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 14:41   #37
Truism

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossOlen View Post
Although they are hated, sometimes lonewolfs are useful. For example on Muttrah city USMC rarely get past the docks - this could be easily fixed if 1 lonewolf would go behind enemy lines with boat(which is never used) and take out MEC fb-s, every single one of them. It's pretty hard to be sneaky with a full 6-man squad. FB is not hard to take down alone, and taking it down benefits your team alot.
I lone wolf with boats almost continuously. Because it massively multiplies your force and lets you do extremely useful things by being behind the MEC. And more importantly it means I don't have to fumble around in complex terrain relying on people with the tactical competance of baboons.
Truism is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 15:25   #38
Herbiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_J0k3r View Post
i don't agree with your first statement. it is ALL about KDR (unless one gets capped out which i take for given is not happening with good teams that quickly).

teamwork is there to improve the KDR and/or cap out. but with a shitty kdr ur never gonna cap out anyone
O RLY?

I've gone many rounds without getting any kills, I've either suppressed the enemy long enough for the rest of my squad to move up or been Medic, Pilot, Driver, lots of things where you help the team win but don't require a KDR, also it's about working as a team to get to your objective - by being clever and working as a team a squad can take an objective without having to fire a shot, which usually causes the enemy team to panic - the flag they were just attacking is now uncappable!

A Lone Wolf can't cap a flag - this isn't Vanilla.
Herbiie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 15:26   #39
HunterMed
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_J0k3r View Post

exactly... most games are not won by capping out the enemy but better k/d ratio and or vehicle losses.

HunterMed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 16:05   #40
RedWater
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbiie View Post
O RLY?

I've gone many rounds without getting any kills, I've either suppressed the enemy long enough for the rest of my squad to move up or been Medic, Pilot, Driver, lots of things where you help the team win but don't require a KDR, also it's about working as a team to get to your objective - by being clever and working as a team a squad can take an objective without having to fire a shot, which usually causes the enemy team to panic - the flag they were just attacking is now uncappable!

A Lone Wolf can't cap a flag - this isn't Vanilla.

/Facepalm.

Joker is saying that you cant win if the enemy kills you and you dont kill him. Just because YOU YOURSELF does not kill the enemy doesnt mean someone else is not doing it.
When youre medic you help your TEAM killing. But sometimes YOU have to be the one killing. And thats something a competent lonewolf can be very good indeed.

Thats why I do it from time to time aswell
RedWater is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
lone, wolf