25 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-13, 19:03   #31
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Muttrah City v0.91 Feedback

the 200m away from the edge of the map should stop that pretty much thou, no?

Old 2010-04-13, 19:10   #32
Fess|3-5|

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
True, and I legitimately hope that works, because it was a definite game and immersion killer.
Old 2010-04-14, 10:45   #33
kaufman_23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fess|3-5| View Post
Remove the ability of the US team to deploy TOW's in the mountains. In fact remove the deployable TOW's all together, but failing that, take them out of the hills. MEC has no way of getting them up there, and it gives the US this great firing platform to spam high powered missiles into the city, with more or less impunity as it's out of range of small arms, and most people attacking them from the ground (snipers included) will be hit by a missile before they get a shot off. This map was great before TOW's were introduced. Every single round I've played since .9 has had this happen.
sure you can. you can build a FOB in A2/A3 area half way up the hill and just drop a TOW, AA and HMGs on the hill top overlooking docks and N city. just did that yesterday. just make sure you kill the cobra before you try to build there

one more thing rhino. dont know was that a bug (server maybe) or you did that on purpose. few days ago i was doing a trans squad on USMC side, and we had 2 birds in the air, and 3 choppers on the carrier, which makes a total of 5 choppers
as far as i know, there should be only 4. the 5th wasnt the cas huey, all 5 were trans choppers
Last edited by kaufman_23; 2010-04-14 at 10:53..
Old 2010-04-14, 11:06   #34
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

I thought there was 3 trans Hueys, 1 attack Huey and one Cobra?
If you take a boat and you're not going to reuse it, think about destroying it to allow a respawn later.
Old 2010-04-14, 11:13   #35
Narco

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLODDITHANLEY View Post
I thought there was 3 trans Hueys, 1 attack Huey and one Cobra?
If you take a boat and you're not going to reuse it, think about destroying it to allow a respawn later.
Oh hai.

4 trans hueys, 1 attack huey, and 1 cobra.

Bai.
Old 2010-04-15, 12:44   #36
Shredhead99

My experiences, suggestions and opinion:
I like how Muttrah is played with the new flag layout, most of the fighting now happens between mosque and construction site.
I know you tried to prevent people from rushing docks, but it still happens, there's always at least one guy running off to docks with the BRDM or even an empty troop-trans truck. Also the US are now able to rush, as in the time their APCs need to reach shore, MEC could not build proper FOBs and defenses. While MEC build their first FOB, US have built two or three already, pushing in against a more or less unprepared team. That gets worse if the choppers are flying them in, right on top of the FOBs just under construction.
So my suggestion is:
Spawn 2 troop transports and one supply truck + BRDM in the beginning for MEC, after capping the first flag spawn 2 more troop transports, the UAZ and an additional supply truck.
This should help MEC to prepare at least one good FOB in the beginning, while they still have to stay and cap the flags first, which will prevent rushing in big numbers.
At last, as nobody else mentioned it here, the soundbug is back! Had it three times till now, 2 times normal rotor sound, once Hellfire soundbug.
Old 2010-04-15, 16:15   #37
snooggums

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
It might, but it also nullifies a few places for MEC to build defenses at the construction site and south of the last city flag.
Old 2010-04-15, 16:43   #38
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogwaiii View Post
one more thing rhino. dont know was that a bug (server maybe) or you did that on purpose. few days ago i was doing a trans squad on USMC side, and we had 2 birds in the air, and 3 choppers on the carrier, which makes a total of 5 choppers
as far as i know, there should be only 4. the 5th wasnt the cas huey, all 5 were trans choppers
As it says in my blog:
Quote:
and also made one of the re spawning hueys (out of two) have a max number of 2 two spawn.
ie, one of the huey spawns spawns a 2nd huey 10mins after the first huey has left its spawn pos, so if all the hueys stay alive, you can have 5 transport hueys flying around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredhead99 View Post
My experiences, suggestions and opinion:
I like how Muttrah is played with the new flag layout, most of the fighting now happens between mosque and construction site.
I know you tried to prevent people from rushing docks, but it still happens, there's always at least one guy running off to docks with the BRDM or even an empty troop-trans truck.
No I never tried to prevent the MEC from being able to rush the docks, rushing the docks is a good tactic the problem with it in .9 that it was very easy to rush the docks and succeed in pushing the USMC off the map from the start. All I want to see from an organised rush from the MEC is really just blunting the USMC attack, or if they are really good and manage to push the USMC off the map fully, they deserve it with the current setup.

If I wanted to prevent them from rushing the docks I would have removed all vehicles from the start or put a wall in front of the entrances to docks

Quote:
Also the US are now able to rush, as in the time their APCs need to reach shore, MEC could not build proper FOBs and defenses. While MEC build their first FOB, US have built two or three already, pushing in against a more or less unprepared team. That gets worse if the choppers are flying them in, right on top of the FOBs just under construction.
Please read my other comments in this topic on this...

Quote:
So my suggestion is:
Spawn 2 troop transports and one supply truck + BRDM in the beginning for MEC, after capping the first flag spawn 2 more troop transports, the UAZ and an additional supply truck.
This should help MEC to prepare at least one good FOB in the beginning, while they still have to stay and cap the flags first, which will prevent rushing in big numbers.
Giving the MEC a logi truck at the start would just again make it incredibly easy for them to rush the docks in a very effective manner since the big advantage that MEC had over USMC in a rush before is they could get to docks AND setup a Firebase, AND setup deployable AA, AT etc just as the USMC where landing in.

Quote:
At last, as nobody else mentioned it here, the soundbug is back! Had it three times till now, 2 times normal rotor sound, once Hellfire soundbug.
You've probably lowered your view distance in your GFX settings which is probably causing it if your now getting it a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snooggums View Post
It might, but it also nullifies a few places for MEC to build defenses at the construction site and south of the last city flag.
Ye thou the edge of map distance thing isn't going to stay the same, just saying in .91 that is the current situation

Old 2010-04-15, 19:39   #39
Shredhead99

Quote:
Giving the MEC a logi truck at the start would just again make it incredibly easy for them to rush the docks in a very effective manner since the big advantage that MEC had over USMC in a rush before is they could get to docks AND setup a Firebase, AND setup deployable AA, AT etc just as the USMC where landing in.
Ok, it was just my humble suggestion.

Quote:
You've probably lowered your view distance in your GFX settings which is probably causing it if your now getting it a lot.
Nope, and I am not the only one to experience the soundbugs, and I wouldn't have mentioned it otherwise.
Old 2010-04-15, 21:13   #40
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

double check your gfx settings, sometimes they get changed without your doing anything or realizing it

Closed Thread

Tags
city, feedback, mec, muttrah, tank, v091