project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > African Resistance Fighters
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
African Resistance Fighters Discussion pertaining to the African Resistance Fighters (ARF) faction.

Old 2010-09-05, 07:19   #31
GeorgRavioli
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Proposal] BRDM-1 and early model BTRs.

True dat. The same gun used on the BTR-80 (Vladimirov KPV) is used on a Quad mount on that ZPU. So it can be used as kind of an all around metal spitter.

Old 2010-09-05, 07:54   #32
Hauteclocque
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imchicken1 View Post
Give that to the insurgents on Karbala

Mite want to give it a certain angle its allowed to aim, so that its not used as an AT/Anti inf weapon
I spoke about a meat chopper few posts ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefRyza View Post
That's fantastic Haut, simple, yet effective

I hope this will be the AA platform for the ARF/U.A faction, to give it a sense of uniqueness in assets. Plus, I have a dream of flak fire streaming up at Harriers on Operation Tempest It will be good to have factions that don't perfectly counterpart-match every other army in the game.
Glad you like it

Yes, I think the same, Sgt_Doctor wanted to give the U.A a reskinned Gaskin...but finally decided to chose this "new" vehicle, which fit the basic needs of this faction.

I won't post anymore updates in this thread, rather open a new topic when I have made progress on this vehicle. (this could happen today lol)

PS : Thanks for the idea WilsonPL.

PS 2 : damn, I forgot there was a woodland skin for the ZPU-4 in the files...fail.

Last edited by Hauteclocque; 2010-09-05 at 08:01..
Old 2010-09-05, 08:06   #33
Sgt_Doctor

Great job mate.
Old 2010-09-05, 08:39   #34
samogon100500

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommunistColby71 View Post
True dat. The same gun used on the BTR-80 (Vladimirov KPV) is used on a Quad mount on that ZPU. So it can be used as kind of an all around metal spitter.
2400 rounds per second is cool
Old 2010-09-07, 00:03   #35
162eRI

Was proposed long time ago (BTRs from IDF and AA technicals), feeling like we are going back in time... Glad to see this proposal getting somewhere thanks to Hauteclocque. Nice work mate. I know I posted many pictures of this kind of truck in the past, but here an other one:

Also technicals are using the same kind of mounted AA guns. Many more in fact, since Toyota or Nissan are very common and easy to modify:

And now, since PR finished the recoilles rifle, you could use it the same way. African fighters need something to counter choppers, infantry and vehicles... The truck mounted with AA is good for all of that. But against fortified positions or armored vehicle, they need something more powerful... Something like that:

Here an interesting website about African technicals:
Held up by Technical Support

Think about it
Old 2010-10-24, 09:30   #36
WilsonPL

Movie bump, as you can see they have many of these guntrucks.

Btw, maybe you can use this model :
http://idf.blacksandstudio.com/image...er/4/51_26.jpg

As ZPU-2 is seen more often mounted on trucks.
Last edited by WilsonPL; 2010-11-10 at 23:49..

Tags
152, brdm1, btr, btrs, early, model, proposal, truck