project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2013-02-01, 12:17   #31
doveman
Default Re: BF2:PR Helicopters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microwaife View Post
Nah, he was right. You can fly after 30 seconds, BUT you will have problems maneuvering the chopper. After 1-2 minutes the engine will be fully heated up and you can make your barrel rolls with your huey.
Hmm, conflicting advice, not sure which to believe now. If it's true, it's a pain when learning as together with respawn time, it adds up to about 3mins wait every time I takeoff and crash almost immediately (whether due to poor flying or the controls not being set right yet), which isn't helpful. Would be useful if there was some sort of training mode that would let us skip the respawn, getting the pilot kit and waiting for the engines to warm up. Maybe even start us in the cockpit with the helo ready to go.

In ArmA I can just plonk a helo down in the editor with myself as pilot already in it and then it's only a few seconds to get the rotors up to speed and I can takeoff and practice.
doveman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 12:23   #32
doveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspektura43 View Post
Please just dont join public servers if you dont know how to fly,
Aw, not even as infantry? Might be a while before I can join then
Old 2013-02-01, 12:27   #33
Moszeusz6Pl
Retired PR Developer

They are training versions of maps, Merk used to run server with it, but I didn't saw it for some time. You can also use debug mode to spawn helicopter instantly, as well as spawn yourself instantly.

Check this thread for more info. You will need rcon spawner and rcon ready commands.

Moszeusz6Pl is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 12:32   #34
doveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moszeusz6Pl View Post
They are training versions of maps, Merk used to run server with it, but I didn't saw it for some time. You can also use debug mode to spawn helicopter instantly, as well as spawn yourself instantly.

Check this thread for more info. You will need rcon spawner and rcon ready commands.
Cool, thanks. That'll help a lot, especially being able to spawn a new helo after I've crashed them all

I guess if anyone has the training maps I could run them on my own local server.
Old 2013-02-01, 12:35   #35
Moszeusz6Pl
Retired PR Developer

You can use Test Airfield for basic flying training. It have all air assets, with shorter spawn time. You can download it here

Moszeusz6Pl is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 12:48   #36
doveman

Nice one, thanks.
Old 2013-02-01, 14:05   #37
saXoni
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspektura43 View Post
btw humans see in 60fps
The human eye / brain combination can see well over 100 frames per second and thus far the limits have not thoroughly been tested yet. Suffice it to say, IT IS NOTHING LIKE THE 24, 30, 60 or even 100 fps crap, that gets spouted on the Internet.

Source.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 14:27   #38
Gracler

My eyes see with over 9000 fps

Just kidding its funny that everyone seems to know the quick answer to this though. I guess those people who think our eyes are fixed on the standard movie format (24 fps) can save there money on the 3D 48 fps version of "The Hobbit"

and btw. the world is not seen in fps, ... the world hasn't turned to "Surrogates" state yet.
Last edited by Gracler; 2013-02-01 at 14:36..
Old 2013-02-05, 11:27   #39
Inspektura43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by saXoni View Post
The human eye / brain combination can see well over 100 frames per second and thus far the limits have not thoroughly been tested yet. Suffice it to say, IT IS NOTHING LIKE THE 24, 30, 60 or even 100 fps crap, that gets spouted on the Internet.

Source.
oh damn

u got me here
Inspektura43 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 13:23   #40
Hokunin
Retired PR Developer

BF2 chopper handling is the best I ever experienced.

ArmA 2 choppers physics are 100% unrealistic, cuz to move forward arma chopper has to tilt nose down to 90 degrees, the same to slow down, 90 degrees nose up - from aside it looks ridiculously stupid. Never seen to chopper fly like that in real life.

Hokunin is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bf2pr, helicopters, issues, unrealistic