project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Modding Tutorials
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Modding Tutorials Information and tutorials related to modding BF2.

Old 2012-06-27, 16:49   #401
SShadowFox

Forget, it worked.

Now I want a kind of sound alarm to indicate that i'm locked on a target, can I do so the lock--on makes the sound of the AA lock-on or the Air-to-Ground laser lock-on?

Bump.

Now I want a kind of sound alarm to indicate that i'm locked on a target, can I do so the lock--on makes the sound of the AA lock-on or the Air-to-Ground laser lock-on?
Last edited by Amok@ndy; 2012-06-28 at 19:39..
Old 2012-07-04, 18:50   #402
SShadowFox
Default Re: How to mod PR coop mode (unsupported)

Bump.

SShadowFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 21:33   #403
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Find this line in vehicle\weapon tweak file:
Code:
ObjectTemplate.weaponHud.secondLockSound HUD_LaserGuided_Lock
Now open .../pr/common_server.zip\sound\GameSounds.con, and find this line:
Code:
Sound.addSound HUD_LaserGuided_Lock
And under that line you can find this:
Code:
ObjectTemplate.soundFilename Common/Sound/Hud/Laser_lock.wav
That you path to sound file.
1. find it
2. replace with new one
3. ????
4. PROFIT
rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 22:17   #404
SShadowFox

Hello, now I want to enable the UAV on COOP, I also want it to fire HELLFIRES and maybe the M230 from the Apache to simulate an Apache...
Old 2012-07-30, 23:26   #405
USMC scout sniper

I remember someone saying they tried to enable UAV's in co-op and it made the game crash. I don't think it's possible.
USMC scout sniper is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 23:55   #406
SShadowFox

I think that have something with the marker, on COOP the markers lasts for only 1 second.

I know that Sniperdog did make the UAV shot missiles, how to do this?
Old 2012-10-07, 05:22   #407
ubermensche

Might be a dumb question but: do all weapons and vehicles in PR and BF2 need an additional "bot support" coding? 'cause Rhino told me that might be what's causing my stuff to crash (I tried to integrate Falklands stuff into SP maps, it all worked and suddenly crashed 5 minutes into the game. Running in windowed mode doesn't show any errors).
ubermensche is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 08:01   #408
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubermensche View Post
Might be a dumb question but: do all weapons and vehicles in PR and BF2 need an additional "bot support" coding? 'cause Rhino told me that might be what's causing my stuff to crash (I tried to integrate Falklands stuff into SP maps, it all worked and suddenly crashed 5 minutes into the game. Running in windowed mode doesn't show any errors).
Mmmmm I think It's an "AI/AI behaviour" problem related to the vehicles, if you check the PR's vehicle .zip you will find that certain vehicles have a duplicate with a "_bf2" at the end of their names, this vehicles are the ones used in coop and the ones without the "_bf2" are used in conquest, the difference is that one vehicle has a correct "AI"(for example an AI for driving a tank while using the turret) and the other has an "AI" that the bot doesn't recognize as a proper "AI behaviour" (for example, an AI for driving a tank and a separate AI for the turret) so when the bot tries to use either the tank driver seat or the turret seat the game will CTD.

So you either have:

An AI problem: the bot is trying to use a vehicle in a way that CANNOT be used(the tank example above)(No bug report in windowed mode)
An AI behaviour problem: the bots can use the vehicles BUT when encountered with certain situations ingame they don't know how to respond and then the game crashes( example: a bot inside a tank doesn't know what to do when facing another vehicle or infantry soldiers.)(bug report in windowed mode)

If you don't have a proper AI behaviour your game will crash at very random moments, and if you don't have a proper AI your game will crash as soon a bot tries to enter in a vehicle(and I think this last one is your problem)

The solution is to find an AI that works in coop and use it to replace the AI that is making your game crash, the AIs have to be SIMILAR in the action that the bots performs when using it, I'll give you an example of what I did with certain PR vehicles while porting them into my personal mod:

Example 1: unlike the LAV25 from bf2, PR's LAV25 has a coaxial MG instead of the tow launcher, so I used the AI from the bf2 tank's coaxial MG and replaced the PR's coaxial AI, since both coaxial MGs(the tank and PR's LAV25) require the same action to be fired(right mouse button) and such action is possible for the bots, then they are able to use the 25mm turret/coaxial MG without problems, as both actions(firing the 25mm and firing the coaxial MG) have a proper AI that is recognized in the AI behaviour, then the bots can use the LAV25 without problems.

Example 2: When I ported the STRYKER I had to use a proper AI for the driver seat, a proper AI for the passenger seats AND a proper AI for the 50cal CROWS, what I did with the CROWS was simple: which AI can I use that can perform the same action as the CROWS and has a functional AI behaviour recognized by the bots? The answer is the mounted 50cal MG's AI from bf2, as both firing the CROWS and the 50cal MG requires the exactly same action for the bot to use, then such AI works PERFECT with the CROWS.

Try testing one vehicle at a time so you can identify which ones are making your game CTD, and once you do so, compare their AIs with another vehicles that work in coop and modify them/replace them as you see fit.

Good luck!!
Kingslayer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 14:25   #409
ubermensche

Thanks but the problem is that it was on a vehicleless map. :O

I specifically took away all the vehicles from the gameplayobjects.con file.

But still thanks heaps cause integrating vehicles was suppose to be the next step.
ubermensche is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 15:32   #410
Onil
PR Tournament Management

I'm having an issue on a duplicated weapon not having sound.

The weapon is being loaded with the map files and the only reason for the duplication is changing the value of mags.

Any ideas?
Onil is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
begin, coop, customizing, game, kits, mod, modding, mode, prsp, single player, unsupported