project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
28 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2019-09-28, 11:05   #421
[R-CON]​CAS_ual_TY
PR:BF2 Contributor
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Default Re: PR Loading Screen Tip Suggestion Thread

Time to force 500p resolution.

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-15, 14:32   #422
UncleSmek

"Do not lead squads unless you speak the required language on the server"

Maybe you can make brasilian and russian translations of this?
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-15, 19:49   #423
[R-DEV]​mectus11
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleSmek View Post
"Do not lead squads unless you speak the required language on the server"

Maybe you can make brasilian and russian translations of this?

I doubt people joining a server with [RU] or Russian in its name are going there to speak English or joining [DIVSUL]Brasil-latino to speak French.

mectus11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-16, 11:36   #424
UncleSmek

Quote:
Originally Posted by mectus11 View Post
I doubt people joining a server with [RU] or Russian in its name are going there to speak English or joining [DIVSUL]Brasil-latino to speak French.
I am french and I usually play on Divsul, what are you trying to say mectus?
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-17, 06:05   #425
[R-CON]​CAS_ual_TY
PR:BF2 Contributor
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Wtf mectus i speak french too dont be racist now

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-20, 13:27   #426
Grump/Gump.45
Exclamation Re: PR Loading Screen Tip Suggestion Thread

17th installment of Grump/Gump.45 tips inspired by skills learned in the Squad v16 and Project Reality 1.5 Teamwork playlist on YouTube

-To pause Project Reality online drop your kit and play dead either in camouflage or among other bodies

-To control dirt bikes gears without having it spin out of control don't speed up or hold W the whole time. Tap both W and Shift as needed to speed up and slow down so you don't crash, this also gives you full control all the time while turning the bike. Its almost like a function of the game or the physics of it, if you are going too fast its harder to control. Only go fast as needed to escape, survive or travel fast where safe.

-To make dirt bikes do get more air and hang time doing jumps over berms, ramps or other raised ground speed up face directly toward the ramped terrain as if you were to T bone head on.. Speed up to maximum speed with distance before the jump, manage and control your gears by tapping W and Shift. Just before the jump goes up the ramp release W and Shift for a split second then immediately hit W then shift immediately after the other. You do it this way because you need to be accelerating with W for the Shift boost to work, practice finger movements with W and A or W and Shift. Doing wawawawawawawawawawa typing somewhere as fast as you can to get the movement down before doing W and shift helps. You will get noticeably more air and hang time than just going full speed

-Apply proper weapon flow when entering confined spaces, don't bunch up your squad by being the person to get close to the 2 guys who should be up ahead in a house. Use common sense when breaching, don't hug 8 guys together in one hall way, outside one door or all on one side of a house. Use frag grenades like flashbangs to stun people in uncleared rooms, if you see the man before you go right or left inside a door you go the opposite way doing this until everyone is in the room pushing along the walls to make room for the next guys coming in.

-You will notice enemy and you tend to bail on each other when walking by doors seeing each other. This is typical human behavior you can use to your advantage as an attacker clearing a location and finding cornered enemy, just prevent the enemy from leaving that room. He knows you are there, be the aggressive one, don't push in but move and sweep while shooting the inside of the room through every available angle you see through the door without going in. This will back him off until you can get grenades up to breach with no risk to your body.

-If you are alone as a last defender or find yourself up against a full squad and forced to fight. You must fire and move sweeping from different cover angle to different cover angle, whether it be pillars, trees, bushes or other things that provide gaps. Semi-automatic gives the best amount of properly placed fire power without wasting ammo sending a 2nd,3rd or more bullets than needed to back the enemy off for a split second. Get the enemy to react to your rounds that miss, there will be times where you have to shoot but you cant be in sight of the enemy or they will peek you to maintain a difficulty and aggressiveness that cant be killed, you must escape. 1 man keeping a full squad busy for a long time by surviving and leading them away from the battlefield objectives as you evade, if they break off the chase move back in. The job is survive at all costs, kill if possible, manipulate enemy always. This ties in with shooting at enemy while out of sight of them.

-Remember which enemies you killed who didn't fire at all before dying or a SL who had pistol, you can use their weapon if there is moment you don't have time to reload while moving. If you don't have time to fully wound one enemy before getting shot by him step out of angle and deal with another target for a split second in the same manner, place rounds at your first target you stepped away from while out of sight of him. Get him to react to your shooting as if he is actually being shot at, use this method of firing past enemy without seeing them sparingly because once they figure out what you are doing they become more confident to get back on waiting for you to pop out.

-Acquire your targets fast, snapping back and forth with speed as needed, fire past them while moving out of sight of them behind cover.. Rounds are best put past enemy without impacting anything near them, the snap of a bullet mixed with inevitable impacts is most effective in suppressing. When "looking" for targets to shoot you are firing at every possible spot in sight of you that you are exposed to so you can prevent the enemy from firing back at you. You are not looking for obvious body and waiting to shoot, you are looking for anything suspicious, a human head or half of a crouched human body doesn't always look like an obvious threat or target especially if its uniform matches the background.

-When using a knife in in close quarters c0ombat theres lots of methods to getting kills with it, one being sitting out of sight of a door on the "hard corners" enemy cant see from outside the room.. waiting for enemy to walk in. Its a hit or miss 50/50, its you or him that is walking out of this. Another method to clearing rooms with your knife is start your stab from outside the door and sending the blade into the first angle of the room as you rush in, same method applies for any corner in CQC.

-When placing mines or IEDs share mine marker locations, don't just have one mine marker be one mine. Each sapper gets 3 mine markers to place on the map, place multiple mines per mine marker for multiple marked sectors. Each individual mine doesn't need its own marker and should not even be visible to friendlies when they look around, all IEDs need to be camouflaged. If the player can see where a camouflaged mine could go then they know. Use the rock markers like traffic cones and place them on the opposite side of cover enemy is coming from.

-Crawling with hands up while playing dead is completely silent, use this to your advantage while playing dead to position yourself without enemy seeing or hearing you. You will still be seen as crawling while you move and you suddenly put hands back on head when you stop moving. Listen for weapons cocking and movement.

-set yourself up as a lethal human mine, either as someone waiting in a hard to reach place in ambush of enemy infantry or armor. Laying in wait in a field or crawling up with RKG or hand grenades to do a hit and run attack then harass with rifle fire before retreating to re-arm. You could lay an IED victim operated and play dead over the mine waiting for enemy to walk by then stand up.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-20, 13:38   #427
Grump/Gump.45

18th installment of Grump/Gump.45 tips

-use the tactic of shooting under cars, tables, beds, chairs or other obstacles to get an advantage where yet again you can shoot at the enemy without them seeing you. If you can see the enemy then they can see you, if you can only see the enemies legs and not their face they cant see you. Be the monster that shoots from under the bed.

-use advanced unique pieces of cover/concealment to get everyone in your squad or team working in the area to be one man per cover. Using cars windows, dumpters, wooden pallets or other obstacles providing loop holes so everyone isnt just using straight edge cover that the visual outline of the human body breaks. Its bad to peek over cover thats like this ___ or around cover like this | like building or wall corners. A building has 4 corners, a long wall has 1 or 2 corners, if the enemy is looking at a set of buildings from the south all those buildings have 2 corners for cover plus windows. Use unique cover and grab it when available. Sometimes there isnt enough cover for everyone and someone needs to stick their neck out a bit more from behind a road sign or telephone pole for their friendlies to maintain the spread. In return the friendlies in cover dont even let enemy peek the location without getting around that bad piece of cover friendly is at
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-22, 04:56   #428
Grump/Gump.45

This is a educational rant I made on the YouTube video from the movie "Lone Survivor" from the scene "A Failed Rescue" clip 5/10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cxpiPSZHmE

-The movie and that scene in specific are depictions of real events, not exact of course in terms of how it looked when it happened. But it happened.. This is what happened by my observation, whether you are in a car in a dangerous place in real life or in a helicopter in a video game... you can use this.

Chinook is big fast and fucking dumb... Fuck the commanding officer who planned to send big, dumb, slow chinook choppers to do a hot pick up. They should have dropped them 1000 meters or more out if that's what they were going to use, better yet use Hueys.. Better than what ever the fuck is being depicted here... Literally this is some dumb stupid shit I have seen in Mil Sim video games, where I tell the retard transport squad leader and pilots to NOT take the big supply chopper for hot pick ups or drop offs. The whole situation means to tell me these commanders in the military are as dumb as civilians in a video game. Just watch what Squad v17 is now with helicopters and impatient dumb civilian casual FPS fast pace players , STUPID hot drops in Blackhawk right next to enemy.

They cant predict the RPG that will hit them landing so close to enemy. Even if I don't get in then im just stuck at main because they get chopper destroyed, they don't understand cause and effect they have on people. Just like the dumb officers who planned this operations backup rescue. Were they drunk when they planned this? People like me are pissed I got in the chopper with these retards in the first place and the pilot that IS NOT MENTALLY CAPABLE of listening to drop me off in the safer zone first before trying to drop off the dumb fucking louder players saying to drop them in dumb places. Why listen to the un-cautious retards?

Same deal with those Chinook pilots, why listen to the fucking retarded officers, im sure the ELITE TRAINED SOLDIERS had no idea they were being dropped into mountains covered with tripod DShK/RPGs/PKM but the officers had some fucking clue, but it didn't matter what kind of chopper went where because the officers weren't on it. Just like Vietnam and the lifer officers, Hueys with officers on it stayed alive, Hueys with drafted/volunteers went into the worst places for no reason with no intel, but the officers pretend to have intelligence. In Squad v17 civilians are surprised when they get hit by RPG easily killing 10+ people after telling the pilot to drop them somewhere stupid, rinse and repeat they don't fucking learn.
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2021-06-15 at 04:19..
Old 2020-01-22, 13:56   #429
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

PM me if anyone has actual tips to post and I'll reopen.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-23, 07:24   #430
Vicious3o2

1. Your team loses 30 tickets when you lose a flag your ALREADY control. Don't capture gray flags your not setup to defend.

2. Squads are granted a 10 second respawn bonus after building a FOB/Hideout. It's good for the team AND your squad. Each team gets a maximum of 6.

3. Adjust your in-game volume and your mumble output volume so that you can hear over engines before you need to hear something crucial from vehicle crew.

4. Up to 5 IEDs and 30 Mines can be deployed by sappers and combat engineers. Deployed in the right area these can be devastating tools of destruction.

5. APCs provide kits that same way crates do but with no limit and keep rally points within 2 large grids permanent unless overran. Use them wisely.
Vicious3o2 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
future releases, loading, screen, suggestion, thread, tip, tips