project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
28 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2021-02-23, 21:40   #431
Coalz101
Default Re: PR Loading Screen Tip Suggestion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious3o2 View Post
5. APCs provide kits that same way crates do but with no limit and keep rally points within 2 large grids permanent unless overran. Use them wisely.
Large Grids = 300m also = 150m also = 75m
Please specify a distance if you're going to say something grid related it will help the new players.
I believe it's 600m/300m in total judging by what I see in the manual.
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-26, 10:47   #432
axytho
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious3o2 View Post
1. Your team loses 30 tickets when you lose a flag your ALREADY control. Don't capture gray flags your not setup to defend.

4. Up to 5 IEDs and 30 Mines can be deployed by sappers and combat engineers. Deployed in the right area these can be devastating tools of destruction.

1. That was changed I believe. It is now advisable to capture neutral flags whenever possible, even if you might lose them.

4. I'm pretty sure that you can only place 5 mines (of any kind) and 10 remotely controlled explosives. Do you have a source for this one?
axytho is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-24, 04:26   #433
Nightingale

1. Over-use of squad comms can ruin a squad's ability to react to enemy contact. This is especially true for large (8 person) squads. Try to keep squad comms brief, and rely on local comms whenever possible.

2. As a squad leader, remember that squad-to-team comms can interfere with comms of individual squads. Try to keep squad-to-team comms short and to the point. Use squad-to-squad comms whenever possible instead of squad-to-team comms.
Nightingale is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-18, 11:21   #434
[R-COM]bad_nade
Support Technician
Supporting Member

1. You can bypass all IEDs and grenade traps without detonating them by going prone and crawling.

2. Throwable items like grenades and ropes can be thrown closer by using secondary fire button.
Last edited by bad_nade; 2022-04-18 at 11:35..
Old 2022-08-18, 01:33   #435
[R-COM]ismaelassassin
Chilean Forces 1978 Faction Lead

1.- you can no longer bypass IEDs by crawling through them

2.- A mine blocks your path? Call an Engineer to do the proper EOD procedures and remove it!

3.- Shooting at an enemy 2 meters away in a crowded space with lots of teammates is dangerous! Consider poking the enemy with your bayonet!

4.- Getting tired? Cant shoot straight after a marathon? Stop running and slow down your pace then!

5.- When playing assets and all odds are against you, it is better to live to fight another day.

6.- Good morale improves combat effectiveness! Destroy´s the enemy´s and you will get the upperhand!

7.-Shooting a flare reveals the enemy´s position and blinds them for some seconds, but it will do the same to you!

8.- No action? Play maps made for the appropiate size of your team! Check the map gallery at: www.realitymod.com/mapgallery

9.- According to international treaties, it is prohibited to fire on, wound or kill an enemy combatant who surrenders or is captured. It is also very rude.

ismaelassassin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-18, 12:47   #436
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismaelassassin View Post
1.- you can no longer bypass IEDs by crawling through them
just a heads up, this is a bug and will be fixed in next release.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-05, 15:58   #437
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead
PR Server License Administrator

Bump.

We want to expand PRTips. Personally, I thought we were limited to 100 but it turns out that technically we may have as many PRTips as we want.

I think the primary focus should be adding information about new systems, features and all sort of useful information which is not easily accessible to players. Stuff like FCS, tracker, ironsight zoom, ACSYS etc.

Show me what you know about PR. I'm waiting for your suggestions!

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-05, 17:14   #438
[R-CON]​CAS_ual_TY
PR:BF2 Contributor
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Honestly, I believe that they should be significantly reduced. They should contain stuff that is not about core gameplay but rather something that goes a little beyond the basics.
If you need to learn core gameplay for infantry, you learn it while playing and have a basic concept from some introduction video. If you care about vehicles, servers already expect them to know stuff for which you had to go on bootcamp or test airfield.

Personally I would love to see something like:
- Build fobs in the vicinity of flags, but dont build them directly on the flag, otherwise they will go down when the enemy attacks
- Use direct squad comms whenever possible. Let the commander relay information for you whenever possible. Use "Hello X this is squad Y" for communication
- Communicate enemy asset positions to your team
Stuff that isnt too hard to do but significantly improves the quality of games. This is what I would personally love to see.

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-06, 07:38   #439
mries
Supporting Member

I would focus on noob things for them to improve the learning curve, like game facts in line like these bad examples:
- patches +25% health are always default 9 in kit
- Q in sight with grenade/rocket launcher gives ability to change range
- BUIS default C
- Fobs are unspawnable when min 2 enemies are 200m nearby
- hold Q for ammo check
- cost of kit request at ammo crate
- ticket cost of going deaddead / vehicles

mries is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-06, 07:42   #440
[R-COM]bad_nade
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mries View Post
I would focus on noob things for them to improve the learning curve, like game facts in line like these bad examples:
- patches +25% health are always default 9 in kit
Agree on that tips should focus on beginners. Veterans just ignore them. However, patches are on weapon slot 8 by default. Only certain insurgent kits have patches on slot 9.
bad_nade is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
future releases, loading, screen, suggestion, thread, tip, tips