project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
12 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2016-05-31, 14:00   #41
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Hide (or delay) scoreboard

Delaying is possible and i actually worked on that way back (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f38...ame-score.html). I still think it would be a nice idea, but the main reason why this never made it into the game are confirming kills. Right now the scoreboard is only way to know whether you are clear to progress or you might get zombie army in your back. If we get a better way to do that, i am all for delaying the score.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-01, 11:12   #42
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headless86 View Post
Great idea, will make sure even ragehackers can easily get away with their shit. Lack of absolutely basic anticheat isnt enough i guess. Do you guys know why this game wasnt completely overrun by cheaters yet? No? Because we have the scoreboard (plus PRSPY) and people that actually care.
Ignorance is bliss, probably 70% of people or probably more still think there are no hacks for PR... smh

And the rest who might realize there are hackers, don't have a single clue of how they're caught and what is required for it.

Why warn Headless anyway, his points are 100% valid and his language wasn't even that bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcio View Post
It would be nice to be optional...
How is the scoreboard not optional? Oh my god. If you don't enjoy the horribly unrealistic scoreboard dont press tab. Simple. As. That. I don't know how much more optional you can make it, have an option in the settings? Doesn't really make sense.

Keep the scoreboard, if not for gameplay reasons then for the reasons headless mentioned. Unless you want the game to be flooded by ragehackers who will be able to do so without getting caught. Even when we have the scoreboard there's hackers who don't get caught but atleast they have to play like shit to not get caught. Basically making their hacks worthless.
Last edited by viirusiiseli; 2016-06-01 at 11:17..
Old 2016-06-01, 18:54   #43
Heavy Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mats391 View Post
Delaying is possible and i actually worked on that way back (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f38...ame-score.html). I still think it would be a nice idea, but the main reason why this never made it into the game are confirming kills. Right now the scoreboard is only way to know whether you are clear to progress or you might get zombie army in your back. If we get a better way to do that, i am all for delaying the score.
Well, scoreboard arcadishly tells you if those guys 200m away are dead amd you are clear to proceed. A delay would solve that and slow the gameplay down maybe.
Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-22, 19:37   #44
eversmen_br
Supporting Member

in real life there are no revives ... so the score board needs to stay it's just that simple.
eversmen_br is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-28, 21:25   #45
Vista
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Death View Post
Well, scoreboard arcadishly tells you if those guys 200m away are dead amd you are clear to proceed. A delay would solve that and slow the gameplay down maybe.
Save 50% on Arma 3 on Steam

Scoreboard is fine as it is, gameplay doesn't need to be slowed down.

Having a scoreboard works because in a certain way it forces people to be pacient and to ask to be revived if they want to get a good KD. It contributes to saving tickets.

Squad (last time I played) had a scoreboard that didn't show KD AFAIK, and no-one gave a fuck about being revived, just spawn in a FOB quick get back into the action and waste tickets. No-one's going to know if you're going 2-18 because they can't see the KD in the scoreboard.
Vista is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-29, 19:37   #46
Wispin

Yeah, the scoreboard definitely serves a few important purposes.
  1. Shame. Vista makes a great point - a lot of what holds people back from wasting tickets is the idea that their peers might be rightfully disgusted by their 23 deaths unless they were a civilian, or something.
  2. Confirmed kills. This is an aspect of warfare that's challenging to replicate in PR. If you shoot someone in the head in real life, or a shot to the chest, in all likelihood they aren't going to come back anytime soon (even if they're not killed instantly), so they're no longer a threat to you. In PR, /any/ hit can be a 'fixable' issue, so you don't ever really know if someone's dead. You can even stab their body or head repeatedly with a bayonet and then have someone come back a bit later and revive them with an epipen.
  3. Objectively judging the tide of battle.
  4. Objectively judging the performance of squads and individuals (eg. from a commander or SL's perspective)
Wispin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-17, 09:07   #47
Zan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragonid View Post
Scoreboard gives "out of character" information, letting you know if enemy is dead when you wouldn't be able to know about it by other means.

Watching own team kills and enemy team deaths you can get a lot of info about situation and e.g. asset state.

It forces every asset player / squad leader to use scoreboard if they want to compete in getting such information. It's typical for many vet players to open scoreboard constantly to check on enemy team death status.

Of course, make it optional so it's a server setting and people can still use it if they like it that way.
I agree. Plus it gives you more incentive to do your best and focus on the game itself rather than counting frags like in an arcade shooter.
Zan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-17, 16:33   #48
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan View Post
...it gives you more incentive to do your best and focus on the game itself rather than counting frags like in an arcade shooter.
I could argue the opposite. Active feedback on your team's/squad's progress via scores / K/D can work as an incentive to do better.
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-04, 13:53   #49
Quobble

I agree, the scoreboard needs rework.

Everyone, especially mortar and armour squads are using the KD indicators all the time. It hurts especially when people use it to get feedback about asset kills.

Not actually knowing wether or not the enemy cas is up is an important thing to the enemy team, since it either allows your teams tanks to advance in safety from airstrikes or renders them incapable of moving onwards.

Most servers have a rule that its not allowed to tell the enemy team about your assets, which is up and ready and which is down, this should also include the scoreboard since it basically gives away this information.

End screen information is fine, people want to get a feedback about their deeds during the game.

--

I see it as being abused especially by cas most of the time.

"Bombs away. Okay, climbing now. Ah, got shit ton of points, guess I hit something."

This should all be done by a forward observer. Blind strikes are ruining the game IMO and should be dealt with. Also applies for mortars.
Quobble is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-10, 09:38   #50
parch
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quobble View Post
Most servers have a rule that its not allowed to tell the enemy team about your assets, which is up and ready and which is down, this should also include the scoreboard since it basically gives away this information.
Do you mean situation when you've damaged enemy helicopter or whatever and you keep looking at scoreboard to see if it managed to get to repair?

In my experience, most of the time there is a witness to a destruction of an asset and this information is passed to whole team via team chat/squad leader radio.

parch is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
delay, hide, scoreboard