project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-02-14, 18:47   #41
{9thInf}GunnyMeyer

If anything should be changed, it needs to be the distance limiter for spawning these things from CPs. On EJOD you have ONE spot where you can place the idiot things in the city, and it is out in the open. The limit needs to be tuned down from 100 to 50-75, but maybe just on urban maps. Normally I place the points about 200 from the enemy CPs, and regroup as a squad if everyone goes down. You know, do organized attacks, not just have people spawning willy nilly from the RPs and running in 1 at a time. But on Urban maps like EJOD, that is not an option so it needs to be turned down if you are going to bring the fight to the enemy.
Old 2007-02-15, 06:10   #42
NavalLord

The rally point should be able to be placed 50-75m from a friendly CP, and 100m from an uncapped or enemy CP. It is really annoying on city maps, to be running all over the place, trying to find a spot where you can place one.
Old 2007-02-15, 08:44   #43
Dali

IMO ....The only problem with the Rally points at the momoent is being able to place them inside static objects. It is not a huge problem, but people are already learning to put them in places where they cannot be seen or desroyed.
Old 2007-02-15, 08:57   #44
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Current rally point distance is 75m from any CP.

Cheers!
egg

Old 2007-02-15, 15:42   #45
NavalLord

It should be lowered to 50m from a friendly CP. On city maps it's near impossible to place them in any useful spot. As I have said previously, it would also be a good idea to only make your own RP clickable on the spawn screen.
Old 2007-02-15, 15:47   #46
Clypp

It should be 0m min from a friendly CP. When taking a CP your first mission should be to eliminate nearby rally points. This makes sense and adds the "securing" concept to the capture.

I don't like the idea of being able to shoot it to death. This makes disabling too easy as your marksman can destroy it from long range. Knifing, a single grenade or explosives are still the best method of destruction.
Old 2007-02-15, 19:57   #47
{9thInf}GunnyMeyer

I say 50 from enemy and 0 from ally CPs. That sounds reasonable...
Old 2007-02-16, 00:05   #48
NavalLord

I just thought of something else for rally points.

Could you add rally points to the "spotted" list? Whenever I see an enemy rally point I have to spot it with a boat or plane or something. If you're out doing recon and spot a rally point then your squad leader can see it on his map and order a demolition on it.
Old 2007-02-16, 00:07   #49
$kelet0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by {9thInf}GunnyMeyer
I say 50 from enemy and 0 from ally CPs. That sounds reasonable...

don't you know that the main reason for rally points was to prevent spawning on top of control points and all the negative gameplay associated with that
Old 2007-02-16, 00:23   #50
|TG|Beatnik

From my experience in the mod so far, 75m from an enemy, 25m from a friendly CP seems like it would work well.

Tags
points, rally