project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-18, 22:35   #41
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Project Reality v0.91 Patch Released!

.....really

Whos cares who on what map? Are you all really worried so much about it. This is exactly why PR has not story or world event.

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
Old 2010-04-19, 16:45   #42
162eRI

Well, you don't care and many don't care. But others like me care even if that doesn't stop us to play (of course!). Some are here for the gameplay, the awesome weapons and vehicles but other are also wondering why there isn't any stories behind this mod. Trust me, everytime we load maps like Beyrouth, I hear people on TS saying "lol Russia against IDF is so weird, that's bullshit..." but we are still playing the map and enjoying every part of it ^^ Love when the Russian choppers are coming in the city and we must defend against them, just awesome.

Just saying it's sad for a mod of this importance to not try to invent a real story and just keeping hiding behind the same answers again, and again!

But that's all, nothing more. That's just my opinion. I don't care at the end, and I'm more worried about what I'm going to eat for dinner. But this is a forum, so I'm giving my 2 cents.
Old 2010-04-20, 07:13   #43
Regan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 162eRI View Post
Trust me, everytime we load maps like Beyrouth, I hear people on TS saying "lol Russia against IDF is so weird
I don't think I have played the "Beyrouth" map yet, is it any good? Come to think of it, is there even a map that's called Beyrouth? So yes I guess it would be weird Russia against IDF on a map that doesn't even exist.
Old 2010-04-20, 07:44   #44
Snazz
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 162eRI View Post
just keeping hiding behind the same answers again, and again!
They decided not to have a story for clear reasons, they're not 'hiding behind' anything.
Old 2010-04-20, 13:50   #45
-|Tactic|-Japsen

I wish there would be some working european hoster... Hope next Patch again
Old 2010-04-20, 14:28   #46
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regan View Post
I don't think I have played the "Beyrouth" map yet, is it any good? Come to think of it, is there even a map that's called Beyrouth? So yes I guess it would be weird Russia against IDF on a map that doesn't even exist.
Beirut.

I really dont see your point 162eRI, What ever the DEVs "make up" as a story will still be unrealistic.

Old 2010-04-20, 16:39   #47
Smiddey723

If they stuck to a realistic story line PR would be so boring. Afgahnistan and Iraq are the main places of war atm( Obviously there are other places ). But i dont fancy playing insurgency i much prefer to play against conventional factions such as fictional ones like MEC
Old 2010-04-22, 07:46   #48
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

Personally I don't mind about factions and situational realism gameplay counts! Would like to see Canada trying to expand into the USA ... CF V USA FTW (Joke).

But looking back a little in history (1956 Suez) the Israelis were supporting the Brits and the French with 'secret' co operation and assistance from the incredibly effective IDF. This was kept secret as many were worried that this would unite the arab world against the West, known to be supporting Israel, at that time Egypt and many others were getting arms from the USSR.
So at that point there was a real fear that the USSR would try to enlarge in that direction, but history shows their interest and activities were more South east Asia (Korea, Vietnam..).

Today 50 years on a lot has changed but the ARAB states still have 'issues' with Israel.

Excuse the boring history lesson!

@Gazz Beyrouth is the local spelling from French as the real name is this بيروت
Old 2010-04-22, 23:23   #49
Ewoklord

I'm probably just stupid, but where do you install the patch to?
Old 2010-04-23, 08:01   #50
gazzthompson

default directory.

Closed Thread

Tags
gaybar, patch, project, reality, released, v091