project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Modding Tutorials
01 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Modding Tutorials Information and tutorials related to modding BF2.

Old 2011-07-22, 13:37   #41
Shovel
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Static Object Tutorial] Creating a Simple Structure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyrus View Post
Hey, perhaps a stupid question but when modeling a static, is is best to have as much on on one 'object'/'editable poly' as possible or like the door handles/hinges/etc in the tutorial, is the separation ok? Are there any inefficiencies added or is it completely acceptable either way?
I had the exact same question, and was about to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
It depends what exactly you mean by septate object.

If you mean a totally separate staticobject that's exported with a diffrent name and placed on the main building in the BF2 Editor then in most cases that is not a very good idea as that means extra draw calls etc which harms performance... There are only a few exceptions when this should be done but certainly not for something like window shutters

If you mean a separate elements, ie, its attached to the main object, but its not welded up to the main object, so when you use the element selection tool and you select the window shutters or w/e, it only selects them and not the main building, that's ok to an extent but in most cases you really should weld an object up to prevent zfighting and it also gives you a much cleaner model in most cases. Door hinges for example is something you really do need to weld up since they are so thin, if you didn't weld them up then you would get a load of zfighting between the door and the hinge.
I'm pretty sure it goes into this and in more detail in the tut...

Thanks for the answer!

Shovel009
Shovel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 19:02   #42
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

I have a problem, when i shoot at the model in editor, it does not trigger the effect, and this shows in the output:
Quote:
Ignored Warning[GameLogic] : Object 556_45_r, created by user , last modified by user , are using material index 3556 that does not exist in the material manager.
[GameLogic] : Material 3556 does not exist.
I figured out that it has probably something to do with 5,56 ammo used in m16 and that it is probably not loaded, but how can I fix it? My materials are setup. Tested it also with other, stock statics, and it does not work with them either.

-lucky

lucky.BOY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 19:10   #43
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

extract the common .zips from pr into your pr_edit, should fix it.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 08:05   #44
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

Nope, that didnt fix it. I took common_client.zip, common_server.zip, common_client_patch1.zip, and common_server_patch1.zip from mods/pr, copied them to mods/pr_edit, overwriting old ones, and extracted them (i.e. the common folder that was inside) into mods/pr, overwriting old files and merging with old directories.
Restarted editor and i still gives the same error. Could you please explain what files should be where in order to make it work

Also, when i switch to soldier camera, it gives this error (but camera normally works)

Code:
Ignored Warning[Physics] : Collision mesh "objects/vehicles/air/gb_jet_tornadogr4/gb_jet_tornadogr4_w_kuehlschrank/Meshes/ushgr_m67.collisionMesh" not found.
Ignored Warning[Physics] : Collision mesh "objects/weapons/handheld/hgr_incendiary/Meshes/hgr_smoke_signal.collisionMesh" not found.
Ignored Warning[Physics] : Collision mesh "objects/vehicles/air/gb_jet_tornadogr4/gb_jet_tornadogr4_w_kuehlschrank/Meshes/ushgr_m67.collisionMesh" not found.
Ignored Warning[Physics] : Collision mesh "objects/weapons/handheld/hgr_incendiary/Meshes/hgr_smoke_signal.collisionMesh" not found.
In the tutorial you say something about Special forces kit in pr_edit. Where it is? Didnt find it in objects/kits/us.

Thanks for your time!

Old 2012-03-30, 08:38   #45
Psyrus
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky.BOY View Post
I have a problem, when i shoot at the model in editor, it does not trigger the effect, and this shows in the output:

I figured out that it has probably something to do with 5,56 ammo used in m16 and that it is probably not loaded, but how can I fix it? My materials are setup. Tested it also with other, stock statics, and it does not work with them either.

-lucky
Check if you have 556_45_r in:
\pr_edit\objects\weapons\common\projectiles\

I'm pretty sure that was the issue when I had the same problem...
Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 10:05   #46
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

Well, it is there... 556_45_r.con. And its not working.

Btw, that link is broken, at least my chrome does not want to open it, because there is only http/ instead of http:// on the begining.

-lucky

Old 2012-03-30, 12:26   #47
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f38...ml#post1651126

That's the link Psyrus was trying to post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky.BOY View Post
Nope, that didnt fix it. I took common_client.zip, common_server.zip, common_client_patch1.zip, and common_server_patch1.zip from mods/pr, copied them to mods/pr_edit, overwriting old ones, and extracted them (i.e. the common folder that was inside) into mods/pr, overwriting old files and merging with old directories.
The bit I highlighted in bold and underlined I take it you mean your pr_edit, not pr there? If not, it should be extracted into your pr_edit

When you go into solider cam mode, what weapon are you holding?

Old 2012-03-30, 14:09   #48
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
The bit I highlighted in bold and underlined I take it you mean your pr_edit, not pr there? If not, it should be extracted into your pr_edit

When you go into solider cam mode, what weapon are you holding?
Right, i extracted it into pr_edit of course, just that I tried to give a detail description of what I do an I mistyped

I have m16a4 (with acog and foregrip), and on 4 there is an ammo bag, so I assume its us rifleman.

On a side note, how do I crouch in editor? Ctrl doesnt work for me...

-lucky

Old 2012-03-31, 13:15   #49
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

Okay, so I have changed main weapon in us riflman kit in my pr_edit. Now in soldier camera i have a g3iron. And:
Code:
Ignored Warning[GameLogic] : Object 762_51_g, created by user , last modified by user , are using material index 3762 that does not exist in the material manager.
[GameLogic] : Material 3762 does not exist.
The heck?

I checked, and i have 762:51_g.con in my objects/weapons/common/projectiles. Might be something with the material of the projectile?

HALP!

Old 2012-03-31, 14:48   #50
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Humm, can you go into your \pr_edit\common\Material\ folder and open up your materialManagerDefine.con in there and search for the line "Material.active 3556" and "Material.active 3762" and tell me if you can find them in there. Note don't look inside a .zip as if its not extracted, the editor won't be able to find it.

Tags
crating, creating, modelling, object, simple, static, statics, structure, tutorial