project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2016-01-07, 09:58   #41
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor
Default Re: Ask the PR:F Team a Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Goose Green has also received quite a bit of love and will be the best for the infantry vs infantry gameplay side.
On top of this, we are also looking at expanding the 80's Brits across more maps so the Falklands wont be the only place you can play with these awesome weapons
PR:Cold War needs to happen.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Old 2016-01-07, 12:52   #42
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

What YOU looking forward to the most Rhino?

Old 2016-01-07, 15:47   #43
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas_17_cab View Post
hi guys, you could make about Falkland Beta? because Argentina or Latin American community wants to try the mod Falklands ...
Hi Lukas. Sorry but PR:F has been fully integrated into our PR files now and separating them out again for a beta release would be a lot of work for pretty much no gain (for us that is) since we are already aware of what is wrong with PR:F, its just a matter of putting the work in to fix it, where the PR:WW2 guys are still trying to weed out the bugs and balance their work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
What YOU looking forward to the most Rhino?
That is a really though one tbh, since I'm really fond of playing all aspects of the game from the basic rifleman kit, all the way up to flying jets

There is also so much new stuff coming with the new PR:F release but if I had to pick one thing, it probably would be the Frigate simply for the unique side of gameplay its going to bring to pretty much every role, with the jet side having the biggest difference, although the ground troops will only really feel it from calling in its naval gun support or having to hide from its shells

Old 2016-01-31, 18:29   #44
sapper1893
Supporting Member
Default Modern Day Falklands

A thought. What's the prospect of doing a modern day Falklands invasion. The Argentinians decide they want to re-invade the Falklands. The Brits having a Garrison on West Falkland and not a lot on East Falkland would make game play interesting.
Old 2016-02-03, 15:27   #45
Panzerfire

Never mind. I forgot this was the "Ask the PR:F team a question" thread. ^_^;
Old 2016-02-03, 21:10   #46
DRAGO_CRO

Release date?
Old 2016-02-03, 21:12   #47
Brozef
Default Re: Modern Day Falklands

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper1893 View Post
A thought. What's the prospect of doing a modern day Falklands invasion. The Argentinians decide they want to re-invade the Falklands. The Brits having a Garrison on West Falkland and not a lot on East Falkland would make game play interesting.
The Argentinians have no chance this time, there is a large RAF base now on the East Island and I think Naval base south of it, with constant patrols around Falklands. Ever since the prospect of oil around the Islands the Brits stepped their game up
Old 2016-02-03, 21:18   #48
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brozef View Post
The Argentinians have no chance this time, there is a large RAF base now on the East Island and I think Naval base south of it, with constant patrols around Falklands. Ever since the prospect of oil around the Islands the Brits stepped their game up
The possible presence of oil was actually known before the Falklands War began (and is theorised to be one of the main motivations behind the entire war for both sides), and the new RAF and Naval Bases where constructed straight after the Falklands War and have been operating ever since, with the only things to have really changed since then is the equipment being stationed on the islands such as Typhoons instead of the old Phantoms which initially where stationed there after the Falklands, etc.

But ye, Argentina would be insane to invade the islands now. Their Military isn't what it was and they don't have that much modern equipment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGO_CRO View Post
Release date?
When it is done

Old 2016-02-03, 21:34   #49
Panzerfire

If I may add something, there was an Argentine comfac a few years ago trying to make a modern day Argentine Army for PR. But I don't know if they did anything more than a few reskins of stuff already in game.
It's been so long since I've heard anything from them that I think it may have been dropped over time.

Too bad because PR could use a bit more latinamerican flavour. Although Mexico and Colombia would rather make more appropriate factions with OPFOR being the FARC (Or a fictional leftist guerrila) and a Drug Cartel faction. I remember the Brazilian comfac was working on a FARC faction as well but I suppouse they dropped that along with their own faction?

Anyways I just wanted to add that. Little to do with the Falklands minimod, so I'm not going to derail this further.
Old 2016-02-04, 05:59   #50
CR8Z
Supporting Member

Will the new aircraft and frigate join the TEST AIRFIELD map? That would be lovely.

Tags
ask rhino a question, falklands, poxo is ghey, prf, prfalklands, question, team