project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2011-02-15, 06:03   #41
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

Default Re: Crouch to standing shot accuracy

just like camping, the only words i have for you are "Deal with it" that guy mentioned by the op prabably didn't bob up and down anyways. IN all likely hood he saw the op, crouched to settle his aim and came back up for a shot. this is the advantage of cover, you get to decide when to leave it.

it's not even "unrealisitc" in the army we pie corners, peak over or under objects then ready ourselves to pop out and surprise the guys on the other side.

maybe, just maybe instead of standing there waiting for him to pop up, while he was hiding, you should have been relocating. OR alternatively keep firing on him so he'd stay down.

to everyone noting that we cant peak around or over things in game giving the "bobbers" and campers an advantage, he cant peak over the object either, he cant throw a rag over his head and tuck up against a pipe to break up his silhouette, he cant pretend to be a pile of garbage, he cant even shoot you without exposing a minimum of half his body. IRL he doesnt need to bob, he can throw his muzzle around the cover and shoot you while only exposing his hands and a small portion of his face.

blocking bullets isnt the only advantage that cover gives you and this simply reflects that far too well.

lesson #1 when dealing with campers, dont go in through the same door 10 times.

lesson #2 when dealing with bobbers, dont wait for them to come up.

simple enough?

Information in the hands of a critical thinker is invaluable, information alone is simply dangerous.
Bringerof_D is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 14:48   #42
goguapsy

Anyone knows if crouching to prone (not standing to prone) resets deviation? Because I've been told otherwise...
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 19:23   #43
BenHamish

Fair enough B of D, point well received and agreed on!
BenHamish is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 03:03   #44
the_ganman

Surpresse ur target and voila problem solved, you cant shoot accuratly if you cant see and if u think the guys got you zeroed,... move .

In other news it be cool if the devs could program somthing similar to how the jet camera works but on where there a camera at eye level that you can select so you can stay peek over stuf
the_ganman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 18:31   #45
=]H[= JakCurse
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goguapsy View Post
Anyone knows if crouching to prone (not standing to prone) resets deviation? Because I've been told otherwise...
I believe (could be wrong) that any movement involving prone resets deviation.

=]H[= JakCurse is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 19:49   #46
goguapsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by =]H[= JakCurse View Post
I believe (could be wrong) that any movement involving prone resets deviation.
Moving while prone doesn't, though.
Old 2011-02-28, 20:34   #47
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

goguapsy, I don't think that is correct

but niether is Jack

iirc you have a payback system of up to 5 seconds,

move for X seconds, then you have to remain still for X seconds up to 5 seconds in order to get min deviation again iirc.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 22:47   #48
Nitneuc
Supporting Member

Rudd is right, at least for assault rifles.
IIRC it's even more complex, you loose 1/5 of precision for every second of move (if you move 5s and more, your deviation is reset).
That means that :
. If you move 1s with an assault rifle (5s settling time), you have to wait 1 second to get you accuracy back.
. If you move 1s with a deployed marksman/LMG or a sniper rifle (~8s settling time), you have to wait 1,6 second (8x1/5) to get your accuracy back.

Not sure I made myself clear on that ^^

Many thanks to everyone involved in the making of the best videogaming experience ever !
Nitneuc is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 13:54   #49
Scandicci
Supporting Member

As the original posts suggests, going from crouching to standing with zero deviation is not realistic. As others have written here, the original poster would also be wise to not trade shots with someone who is practicing the zero-deviation-crouching-standing tactic but would be better off to move while suppressing. If some deviation could be added in an upcoming release it would improve the experience. It is also true that suppression without movement in this case is worthless because the player that is crouching-standing-shooting does not even have to see you or aim if he as not w-a-s-d or mouse moved. He simply has to stand up and fire without changing anything.

In my own experience, I loose about as many times as I win when I practice this tactic. I don't think it is quite as big an exploit as the original post seems to imply.

__________________________________________________ _________________

If it's worth shooting once, shoot it again.
Scandicci is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 20:23   #50
goguapsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rudd View Post
goguapsy, I don't think that is correct

but niether is Jack

iirc you have a payback system of up to 5 seconds,

move for X seconds, then you have to remain still for X seconds up to 5 seconds in order to get min deviation again iirc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitneuc View Post
Rudd is right, at least for assault rifles.
IIRC it's even more complex, you loose 1/5 of precision for every second of move (if you move 5s and more, your deviation is reset).
That means that :
. If you move 1s with an assault rifle (5s settling time), you have to wait 1 second to get you accuracy back.
. If you move 1s with a deployed marksman/LMG or a sniper rifle (~8s settling time), you have to wait 1,6 second (8x1/5) to get your accuracy back.

Not sure I made myself clear on that ^^

Yeah I understood that.

Thanks to both of you

Tags
accuracy, crouch, shot, standing