project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Modding Tutorials
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Modding Tutorials Information and tutorials related to modding BF2.

Old 2012-08-15, 08:21   #41
rodrigoma
Default Re: [Map Tutorial] How to make the "perfect" MiniMap

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]sylent/shooter View Post
Odd question. Is your main drive called C If it isn't then tell me the name of your main hard-drive and I'll change the code for ya.

Also Make sure that you are putting the editor script in the right custom command slot. Should be "CustomCommandFile1" not "CustomCommand1". If it isnt in the right spot the editor will not make the megamap files.
yes my main drive is C: and it is in "CustomCommandFile1", the only difference i found is that rhino has program files as his destination but i dont have that so its Programas x86, but i dont see how that would make a difference
anyways im hoping i wont need it as amok offered to help out in the minimap
but thanks
rodrigoma is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 08:26   #42
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

For me the problem was that I also used x86. This made the entire path-name to long( there is a maximum amount of characters you can use in the costumcommandfile-line). So the entire name didn't fit:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\makeMegaMap_1024x2.con" was too long and was automaticly cut to:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\makeMegaMap_1024x2.c" and without the .con the file obviously didn't work.

So I renamed 'makeMegaMap_1024x2.con' to 'makeMegaMap_1024.con' and everything worked out fine

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 14:28   #43
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_MineralWouter View Post
For me the problem was that I also used x86. This made the entire path-name to long( there is a maximum amount of characters you can use in the costumcommandfile-line). So the entire name didn't fit:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\makeMegaMap_1024x2.con" was too long and was automaticly cut to:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\makeMegaMap_1024x2.c" and without the .con the file obviously didn't work.

So I renamed 'makeMegaMap_1024x2.con' to 'makeMegaMap_1024.con' and everything worked out fine
I also use an (x86) folder like above and never had that problem?

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 14:30   #44
[R-DEV]Mineral
Supporting Member

can be, but I always had this problem, might be only for me Thought I should note it here in case anyone else has it.

Old 2012-08-15, 15:36   #45
rodrigoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_MineralWouter View Post
can be, but I always had this problem, might be only for me Thought I should note it here in case anyone else has it.
i tried it and t idn work still
thanks for the help though
rodrigoma is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 18:39   #46
sylent/shooter

I'll be making a video tutorial of Rhino's tutorial soon.... Of course, with his permission. My goal is to get all advanced tutorials into a video form Maybe that'll help you Rod. As for now, just tinker around with it. I have no idea why it isnt working. It could be that your photoshop does not have a feather command.... which is really weird but possible.
sylent/shooter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 14:27   #47
SShadowFox

Hey I created a minimap for my map but it's still missing some objects and how to put the grids?
SShadowFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 14:56   #48
[R-DEV]Mineral
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShadowFox View Post
Hey I created a minimap for my map but it's still missing some objects and how to put the grids?
The grid is something you will have to ask the devs for. It's done threw photoshop, not threw the editor.

Old 2013-04-13, 02:16   #49
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Hey I'm wondering if it's possible to easily get a big picture of my current minimap which is not final product, just to post on forum, without having to do the entire tutorial?
I got photoshop with the plugin.

Quote:
Now if you want to make this into a temp minimap for WIP tests or w/e, you can open it with Photoshop and skip to Step #. Otherwise continue with the tut
I guess this is what I want to do but it doesn't say which step to go to.
Ason is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 03:19   #50
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

If you want to just do a quick one, go to 'show minimap' on the right of the editor with your map loaded, you'll find this minimap texture in your editor folder of the map, this will lack alot of details and such but will show your basic map.

I wouldn't bother doing a proper minimap until you want to show the map to someone else

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
make, map, minimap, perfect, tutorial