project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2012-12-18, 18:31   #41
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Default Re: Room Clearing

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 18:43   #42
viirusiiseli
Banned

Crawl in with the knife. Always works.
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 19:34   #43
007.SirBond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate|(GER)| View Post

Thank you, I was about to post the above diagram to display my earlier point about the importance of slicing the pie before entry.

The purpose of slicing the pie is to find out what is and where it is inside the room before entry.

Upon successful entry. You do want to have two overlapping layers of fire to ensure the target is being hit from multiple angles and more volume of fire than his own.

This is how pros do it, and how to ensure you survive.
007.SirBond is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 20:07   #44
tankninja1

C4, IEDs, and claymores are great for room clearing, take Kozlesk for example if you can deploy a claymore you stand a good chance of killing everybody at the other end of the hallway.
tankninja1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 20:47   #45
L4gi
Server Administrator (A-N)

How about you try to slice the pie while someone half decent is in the room and make a video of it?

Same thing with that QRF video, no offense to you guys, but anyone with a headset would have heard you coming in, plus one guy didnt even have a gun out, and other was obviously jerking off. :P
L4gi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 21:11   #46
007.SirBond

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4gi View Post
How about you try to slice the pie while someone half decent is in the room and make a video of it?

Same thing with that QRF video, no offense to you guys, but anyone with a headset would have heard you coming in, plus one guy didnt even have a gun out, and other was obviously jerking off. :P
Hey man, I just share my advice. If u don't want to take it. Go ahead. There are countless sources which support the same tactic I mentioned about clearing rooms. We don't have mini optical cameras swat teams use in PR. So we use the same pie tactic vets used.

Regardless if they know you are coming or not. When u finally step in the room to check the blind spot, and exposed to the enemy, he is on your crosshairs! So it is a even matchup and if you begin firing before you turn to the blindspot. You will surely kill him first because he hasn't even began firing his weapon.
007.SirBond is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 23:02   #47
Smiddey723

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.SirBond View Post
Hey man, I just share my advice. If u don't want to take it. Go ahead. There are countless sources which support the same tactic I mentioned about clearing rooms. We don't have mini optical cameras swat teams use in PR. So we use the same pie tactic vets used.

Regardless if they know you are coming or not. When u finally step in the room to check the blind spot, and exposed to the enemy, he is on your crosshairs! So it is a even matchup and if you begin firing before you turn to the blindspot. You will surely kill him first because he hasn't even began firing his weapon.
Best way to clear a room is just to lie on the floor as your going around the corner. Unless the enemy is aiming at the floor (unlikely) his gun will be covering your body and by the time he has noticed you would have had the time to kill him.

If you get killed by another guy, have your squad rush him or nade

None of this pie nonsense.
Smiddey723 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 23:25   #48
ShockUnitBlack

Get all your new clanmates to form a meat shield. High success rate, even higher casualty rate. Great for teamwork and tactical ragequits.

Pieing should be done but that isn't to say it's actually going to work. It may work, however.

Generally room clearing is either impossible (see clearing the bunker on Iron Eagle) or dictated by skill or luck or a mix of both. Tactics generally lose to the guy with the MG3 resting patiently behind the desk and watching the only doorway into his room.
ShockUnitBlack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 19:02   #49
Mikemonster

All this 'tactical' stuff is what every single player that has ever played a FPS learns in order to actually get kills. Training a soldier to do it takes time and effort, but gaming is very simple so this is just stating the obvious.

I love the milsim malarkey. Hilarious.

You know in real life people don't use full auto for clearing rooms? So we shouldn't use full auto to make things more 'realistic'! But then, in real life you don't have a ~70ms delay time or need a crosshair to hit a target.
Mikemonster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 17:20   #50
Pronck
Supporting Member

The best way to clear a room is to trow a grenade in and perhaps some smoke to disorientate the enemy and after the explosion you come in guns blazin' like in a good action movie.

Another great option is just to isolate the room and let them wait and wait.

We are staying up!
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
clearing, room