Closed Thread

Old 2022-09-24, 17:08   #41
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: PR:BF2 v1.7.2.0 Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless_noob View Post
Is it possible to fix the issue where soldiers who are very far away just behind a mountain top can be seen thru the mountain? It's like draw distance of the terrain is bit shorted than draw distance of the soldiers and vehicles/emplacement.
'Increase Terrain LOD' option in the graphic settings is there for you

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Old 2022-09-24, 20:36   #42
[R-COM]bad_nade
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchar View Post
'Increase Terrain LOD' option in the graphic settings is there for you
Problem not the eye candy side of the glitch, and the Terrain LOD setting is eye candy only. The actual problem is that other players can still see me thru mountain even if I turn the setting on.
Old 2022-09-24, 21:52   #43
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless_noob View Post
Problem not the eye candy side of the glitch, and the Terrain LOD setting is eye candy only. The actual problem is that other players can still see me thru mountain even if I turn the setting on.
We might remove the option in future and enforce it for everyone.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Old 2022-09-26, 04:48   #44
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
Lashkar[*]Removed impossible caches from caves.
I can assure you me and DutchCourage would like to object. I and the other "impossible cache" holders, request we get those exact caches back. In my years of focusing on strengthening insurgent tactics and methods (Iron sight snipers, camouflage, be the booby trap, IED walls, etc.)

I never went into how to breach these so called "Impossible cave caches" or any other BLUFOR tasking. I just enjoyed every single win of insurgents, we went from "I hate insurgency because we always lose" to what we have today. This is why you need not just manual for game functions, but tactics too.

You find cave cache, you get your squad there, wait for other squads to show up so you don't die one squad at a time. Secure outside area for security to work the objective. Find and block all entrances, explosive dispersion. Find best entrance, get as deep as you can till you hit contact but don't fully commit to going in or you die, back it off to last cover before the immediate firefight started. Meaning you need to bail away from the threat.

Stay outside the entrances, don't go in. Get crates from the choppers, trucks, APCs for ammo. Get kits like LAT/HAT. Keep sending in rounds until resistances stops. Rolling grenades deeper. You send in every tool literally. Bullets, rockets, smokes, hand grenades, 40MM. Combat engineer goes for the least dense trapped entrance. You shoot a little bit as if going in but back off repeatedly.

You can sporadically send rounds in to contain them then switch to methodically hitting certain impact points to kill what you can't see around corners when its time to push. Every new uncleared angle gets an explosive. 1 man throws explosive, other covers with rifle. Every entrances is encroached on. Goal is to stay alive, do not fully commit.

Dying is the only thing that costs tickets. You got to work it, assess it, take your time. Squad leaders need to control tactics, tasking, pace, know general mistakes people make, address those beforehand as it becomes relevant. Then get other Squad leaders on the same page.

My tunnels tactic post explains most of it.
Old 2022-09-27, 11:44   #45
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

PR:BF2 v1.7.2.3 Changelog (2022/09/27)
-----------------------
GENERAL:
  • Added Indonesian localization by TommyFederal.
  • Fixed !admins command not working when too many admins are online.

COOP:
  • Updated AI area attack to have a 10 minutes time limit.

WEAPONS:
  • Fixed USMC M240B being invisible.

VEHICLES:
  • Updated all gun launched ATGM to shoot out at an angle. This results in 150-200m minimum distance before hitting where you aim.
  • Removed LAHAT from Merkava.

Levels:
  • Ascheberg:
    • Fixed trees becoming invisible from above when far away.

• Kunar Province:
    • Fixed trees becoming invisible from above when far away.
    • ALL:
      • Reduced transport heli respawn to 5 minutes.
      • Added Artillery
    • AAS16:
      • Replaced A10 with Kiowa.
      • Updated Taliban rallypoint to be permanent and respawn 10 minutes after being destroyed.
      • Updated flag radii to 200m down from 300m.
    • AAS32:
      • Reduced Taliban tickets by 100.
      • Replaced A10 with Apache.
    • AAS64:
      • Replaced 2 Humvees with Mk19 Humvees.
    • AAS128:
      • Replaced MTLB with BTR80.
    • INS64:
      • Switched Blufor to US Army
      • Added Kiowa.
      • Replaced A10 with Apache.
      • Replaced UH1N Huey with UH60 Blackhawk.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Last edited by Mineral; 2022-09-27 at 17:45..
Old 2022-09-27, 13:27   #46
[R-COM]ismaelassassin
Chilean Forces 1978 Faction Lead

oh fuck new update boyys!

Old 2022-09-28, 00:43   #47
D.Arya

It crashed when I tried to use the Indonesian localization, when I revert it back to English it work fine

Old 2022-09-28, 09:33   #48
PBAsydney
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
VEHICLES:
  • Updated all gun launched ATGM to shoot out at an angle. This results in 150-200m minimum distance before hitting where you aim.
  • Removed LAHAT from Merkava.
Why on earth? ATGM in tanks was already high risk, high reward, now there's no reason to load it instead of AP if it leaves you with your pants down if an enemy tank pushes within 200m of you.

Just....why?

HITREG CARRY
Old 2022-09-28, 15:14   #49
Coalz101

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBAsydney View Post
Why on earth? ATGM in tanks was already high risk, high reward, now there's no reason to load it instead of AP if it leaves you with your pants down if an enemy tank pushes within 200m of you.

Just....why?
Experienced this myself, yeah BMP3 not really useful in khami lrg anymore in the southern deserts, it needs to be way to far away to even hit (Note that part of the map is filled with hills plus the somewhat low view distance makes it really difficult to position yourself to not miss your shot)
Old 2022-09-29, 03:03   #50
Trekkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogdozz View Post
Thanks for the response. I thought you had to wait 2 minutes after standing next to an armed insurgent in order to become a martyr, was I wrong or is it something you changed this patch?

There is a lot of confusion around these civilian mechanics so I think many in the community would appreciate an up-to-date list from the devs with all the requirements to get martyred. Also an in-game indictator of wether you can currently become a martyr or not would be extremely welcomed
lol no matter what I can't dispell this misapprehension that people have, even though i've proven it to so many people so many times... even Souki is spreading this lie for years! even players with so much more experience than me, even though the manual is very clear about it... so yeah I have given up and accepted that I have special knowledge lol... but it's so funny spending my 2 minutes with armed friendlies all over the place all thinking that I'm doing it wrong and then getting martyr over and over, but they can't tell because the points system doesn't reflect martyrdom right so I'd have to demonstrate it in video form which of course I can but whatever
Closed Thread