project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2008-02-27, 23:31   #41
Tef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
not just the squad, the team.

when I am with a load of my clan we set up fire teams and organise a section over one channel in vent, so we can be in totally different areas of the map and still have good contact and well organised and executed battleplans with multiple leaders sharing command. Thats why the other team won.
Ah I see well hopefully next time we will have more people and better communication.
Tef is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 00:33   #42
Warmagi

I was in transport squad... but it started when there were more ppl. I didnt had a squad, u were full, the other team worked together on vent... I was lonely...

But we werent so useless... we were taking blackhawk with AA from our heli, giving a lift to the lost guys, to the commander... when we had one, and firing HAT at bunkers/firebases from 600 meters altitude. BloodAce score says for itself.

I agree it was fun, but would be better with more ppl and better communication cause ingame VoIP is crap. Hopefully I can get vent till next week, learn how to use it, and join you on it if you will invite me there.

Thanks for the game...

PS: and what happened after you all left... hehe THE ARMY OF 3 ;P
Warmagi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 01:17   #43
joselucca
Supporting Member

damn i just got home from work....you guys are done already? FUDGE!
maybe next time...damn living in the western hemisphere!
thats it...i am moving to the UK! maybe wales....hmmmm.

The problem is that you can mod the game, but you can't mod the players. You can fix the bugs, but you can't fix stupid.--gclark03
joselucca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 06:38   #44
markonymous

Quote:
not just the squad, the team.

when I am with a load of my clan we set up fire teams and organise a section over one channel in vent, so we can be in totally different areas of the map and still have good contact and well organised and executed battleplans with multiple leaders sharing command. Thats why the other team won.
correction, crushed you. hehe but pretty well played though you gave us a run for our money at north bunker, im just wondering, Didnt you guys notice there was no one at south bunker? oh and Sloan is usually an awesome leader we were very glad we got to kick his as* if only just once.

Quote:
I agree it was fun, but would be better with more ppl and better communication cause ingame VoIP is crap. Hopefully I can get vent till next week, learn how to use it, and join you on it if you will invite me there.
you can try to get on the vent anytime we'll help you.

and btw what happned to you DEVs that were supposed to join Rico and Masaq?
Last edited by markonymous; 2008-02-28 at 06:46..
Old 2008-02-28, 09:46   #45
Jonny

War:
our vent is open to the public. the channels anyone can use are at the bottom in the 'GIs pub' section. join anytime you want.

Marko:
i had 50 D/Ls before it started, so the server could easily have been filled.
Jonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 12:48   #46
BloodAce

The light combat mode was very interesting and we had lots of fun with Warmagi flying a transport chopper. Although squad was named "Transport" we were more like close air support and recon unit and we were in contact with commnader when he was aviable and with the rest of team on chat. The main problem was not enough players for as big map like Kashan.

Anyway we manage to successfully test some new chopper tactics:

-anti air attacks from chopper using AA inf kit

-ground attacks from high altitude on enemy fire bases and other structures using HAT

-navigation and communication with co-pilot as SL which is much more efficient then flying solo

We had a good time yesterday and I hope we'll be able to play again with more players

Cheers
BloodAce is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 13:30   #47
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

New? I've been doing that since the kits first made an appearance, and ever more so since the mini-birds had their heat signatures removed.

Likewise, when Al Kufrah Oilfields had birds on I used to always take a SL up with me in the co-pilots seat. I did the driving, he did the spotting and relayed the information to the tank crews via team chat and teamspeak and the commander via VOIP. Worked a dream

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." - Washington Post
Masaq is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 14:02   #48
Tef

Yeah I was on vent but I didn't know how to find my way around.
Old 2008-02-28, 17:04   #49
Jonny

you were? i never saw you. right-click on anyone with an office and get their attention, they will move you/respond if they are looking at vent and not in game.
Jonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 18:25   #50
Tef

Quote:
you were? i never saw you. right-click on anyone with an office and get their attention, they will move you/respond if they are looking at vent and not in game.
Oh well I have vent but I am not too familiar with the controls yet (don't have a vent server of my own so I never really use it).

Tags
combat, infantry combat, light, mode, testing