project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Coding
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2013-06-07, 21:26   #41
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: [export] Gaz 66 truck [WIP]

source: GAZ 66 - 3d model - .obj, .max, .mb

there website recently changed. there terms and conditions link is dead. Anyway, don't worry about the license. it said it was free to use,change,....

It was nice to have, but pretty annoying, the sizes weren't in term with PR trucks, so had to go for the 6 wheeled version. Although it's not impossible to use the 4 wheel. I just didn't have enough skill to do it with that one The textures were all split into small files for each separate object. I had to fit it all on one texture and re-UV it. Then commie made the lod's and wrecks. then I exported it and moszeusz coded it.

if the glass gets fixed, and some other small issues too, a better texture and normal map, I wouldn't see why it couldn't be part of PR. I was also going to use the radio version for the command post.

We are also using the ZU-23-2 model from it. Commie is right now working on that, cause it looks quite bad. Hopefully he can add more detail to it.

here is the export scene and the PR files we got so far. Thanks for helping.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._logistics.zip

A question that is in the wrong place but, are the export scenes of the ural 4320(mec truck) still available and who should I ask? I would like to use it for a ZU-23-2 AA-truck. As I would like to use the ural instead of the gaz just for more variation in assets.

Last edited by [R-DEV]Mineral; 2013-06-07 at 21:33..
Old 2013-06-07, 21:43   #42
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

rgr, free models are normally bad news but this one doesn't look so bad, was just wondering since I hadn't seen it before

Will look into it when I get a chance, which will probably be next week.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 21:49   #43
CTRifle
Retired PR Developer

I still have alot of texture work to do as well, I have one that has been worked on but am not home and wont be for a few weeks

CTRifle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 21:51   #44
[R-DEV]Mineral
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRifle View Post
I still have alot of texture work to do as well, I have one that has been worked on but am not home and wont be for a few weeks
Don't worry, this baby won't be ready until a proper texture has been made by you. It will wait for you when you come back

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 11:18   #45
[R-DEV]Mineral
Supporting Member

btw, looking at it again, I might try making it 4-wheel again. Doesn't seem to be too hard. But then it will be a bit longer then it's r/l counterpart. If this would help the Russian faction to get a more accurate main logistics vehicle then I'll give it a shot

Old 2013-09-08, 19:02   #46
[R-DEV]Mineral
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Vehicle] Gaz 66 truck [WIP](SY)

bumpy for Rhino. You think you'll have a bit of time soon to look at that window problem?

Old 2013-09-09, 05:01   #47
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

lol forgot I said I would look at this

Ye umm, you can tell this is a free model, can see lots and lots of little model errors all over it... Many rounded objects missing smoothing groups too...
And really horrible compression on the textures too:

zfighting face inside the tyre: http://i.imgur.com/s83vpfh.jpg

But ye as for your glass, the problem from what I can see looking at it quickly is its basically just down to being exported as a separate mesh/element/sub-object to the main model. There's no need for it and you should just have it welded onto the rest of your model with it just using a different, alpha material.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 10:44   #48
[R-DEV]Mineral
Supporting Member

Roger.

I'll let the model guy know. I hope he can at the same time also turn it into a 4wheel version.

Textures aren't ours, they need to be re-done.

I'll rather stick with a bit bad free model then no model at all But I'm always on the look out for making our own model. But for now we don't have the resources.

Tags
export, gaz, poxo is ghey, truck, vehicle, wip, wipsy