project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2012-01-08, 16:17   #41
Furst
Default Re: Vehicles that are Real Game Changers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSSive View Post
I think you're right. Why not post this in suggestions. Maybe make it so vehicles can rearm at secure check points, maybe secured fobs with ammo crates near it. No repair, only rearms.
only rearms, yep!

...about composing a thread in the suggestions forum, mhm, yea. maybe in the next days, but if you want you can do it also
Furst is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 03:26   #42
Hunt3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac1031 View Post
Navo I've seen Chrisweb keep a cas Huey alive for the entire round on tg one night.

And I need to agree with Sax the BMP is the best vehicle in the game. It is better than every other Ifv because the BMP can fire the tow from a moving position where as the Bradley/Puma cannot. Plus the BMP has that scary death l4z0r of a frag cannon.
The BMP should really get a pretty hefty nerf to it's autocannon if it's using APCBC, at range it would be really really weak. If we're assuming the BMP-3s all get unlimited APDS then literally the only thing stopping the BMP-3 from become a walking tool of death and destruction is the fact that the armor is made of bits of tissue paper.
Hunt3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 03:42   #43
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furst View Post
ive got a little question about a vehicle which i think could be a huuuge game changer, but im not sure if there ever was a discussion or suggestion about (search didnt bring any results)

so here it is: >> ammunition truck <<

a truck that has one or two heavy ammo crates loaded, quite similar to the regular crates for FOBs, with the restriction that it is only able to rearm vehicles.

it can be really annoying for an asset to leave the combat area only to reload and when it returns the position is under enemy control.
this ammunition truck could change things and involve a quite nice team asset i think. it doesnt have to reload the assets completely and id say one crate for a pretty limited amount of ammo would be adequate.

a nice little bonus feature of those heavy crates delivered by that ammunition truck would be that they are needed to build FOB assets like the TOW, Mortars and HMGs instead of the usual crates.

the pilot or truck driver is always in the position to choose between the two different types of crates, whether he wants support the infantry -> FOB crate OR the certain asset -> heavy ammo crate

pardon me if there already is a discussion, but i definitely didnt find one...
There is a thread on it and its not going to happen in PR:BF2 as its scale is too small to justify it realistically, it can be easily exploited and would take players away from the front line.

Returning back to base after using all your ammo is the most realistic thing with PR's scale, and also means that you need to be more careful with your ammo and a team doing really well out of one vehicle gives the enemy team a brake if it has to go back to reload.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 13:16   #44
Furst

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
There is a thread on it
hah, i knew it...! does that mean im not able to use the search function properly? who knows!

anyway, the exploitation argument was also on my mind, since people are evil and tend to abuse everything they can grab. and of course, the good old scale, yep.
i just thought about it being a really really great teamplay asset, you know, like involving the overall logistics in a much bigger way, even if that would mean that map sizes and especially the player amount were quite too small.

however, lemme philosphize about it as if it would be my favourite game changer unit

ps: what about the heavy ammo crates for FOB assets idea at all? was there a topic or discussion for these ones already too? i like the idea that the player is given multiple decision options and ways of how to support the team.
Last edited by Furst; 2012-01-09 at 13:22..

Tags
changers, game, real, vehicles