project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2012-10-07, 18:10   #41
Eskil_swe
PR:BF2 QA Tester
Default Re: PR:F v0.1 Bug Reports

Confirmed. i can switch seat and shoot, but doesn't seems like i can turn the turret though.
Old 2012-10-08, 02:41   #42
Kevokpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskil_swe View Post
Confirmed. i can switch seat and shoot, but doesn't seems like i can turn the turret though.
yes confirmed I was able to do that too
Old 2012-10-09, 01:07   #43
Boris

Played the map a fair bit now, kinda liking it.

But, if there's one real huge bad problem that needs sorting before all others, it's the one that's causing machine lock-ups after round reload at the initial screen. Bad, bad bug forces me to have to hard-reset the PC to get out of it. Worse than a server crash. Worse than a CTD.

Scenario: Join server, play what's left of remaining round, end scores screen, map reload, 100% loaded, hit 'Squad Assignment' button to enter spawn screen, <small delay>, *game locks up* (before clicking or doing anything). Can't tab out, can't get task manager up, can't kill the process.

I've tried disconnecting from the server at the end of a round, then reconnecting back in, but it still does it (i guess the server retains memory of me from the previous session). I'd guess at the problem being related to the auto team-switch that occurs, but I don't know for sure. Has happened with both 64 and 100 player servers. Some round changes it doesn't do it, but most the time it does.

This bug's making it a real drag to keep playing.
Old 2012-10-09, 04:39   #44
ZondaX15

Don't know if this has been called up before, but as the Argentinians, you can see the map icon of the British chopper on the carrier (forgive me, I can't remember the name. The funky looking one). And once you've flown to the enemy carrier, try to enter the chopper, the game crashes. Could easily be fixed by making the chopper only enter able by the British side.
Old 2012-10-09, 05:13   #45
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

ummm, do you have any idea what server, gamemode and layer you saw this on?

Just checked the code and all Wessex choppers are team locked in my editors complied GPO.con for all layers.

As such the only explanation I can think for this is that someone had spawned the chopper with the debugger and then had gotten into the chopper, left it, then when you got into it it CTDed? But debug mode should be disabled on public servers...

Main question is, have you or anyone else seen this more than once?

Old 2012-10-09, 05:38   #46
ZondaX15

It was on the very last one on the AAS list (Large, maybe?). It was on local.
I haven't retried it, no. I shall do so now.

Haven't even finished loading, and I've found another error.
On the map briefing in the map list menu thing, it says the UK have light choppers, and on the loading screen, they don't.
Will keep you updated.

Alright, I worked it out.
If you're a Brit soldier with a rifleman kit, enter the Wessex, move around the seats (dunno if this matters), get out, do w/e, suicide and change teams to Argies, the Wessex icon is on the map, like so.

Entering the chopper makes the game crash.
Last edited by ZondaX15; 2012-10-09 at 06:06..
Old 2012-10-09, 06:04   #47
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

If you try to run the 128 (large) layer when doing a crate local without the 128 code BF2 will force the game to run the 64 (standard) layer which doesn't have any light choppers on it for the brits.

Old 2012-10-09, 11:58   #48
Daniel
Banned
Supporting Member

Harrier's nose slightly moves down when in low level flight above ocean, Mirage and other Argie jets though nose goes higher... (Or other way round I guess)
Old 2012-10-10, 12:24   #49
KaB
Retired PR Developer

I use a joystick with a small pad on the top which controls the view (look left right top). To come back to main view I use a button (still on the top of the joystick) which selects the 2nd weapon, and not the 1st one. The reason of this is because when I'm dogfighting I'd like to press only one button to switch between views and missiles.

The problem is that in Falklands, pressing Weapon 2 after looking left right or top doesn't bring me back to the main view, it stays on the view I was and displays the airplane HUD upon it, which looks a bit weird. Selecting Weapon 1 with the keyboard brings me back to the main view, but it doesn't work with Weapon 2, 3 etc.

PR worked well with it, please fix it.
Old 2012-10-10, 19:26   #50
farna

- Potential Exploit, Removed. Thanks for reporting - Rhino

(btw, AWESOME MAP!)
Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2012-10-10 at 21:04..

Tags
bug, prf, reports, v01