project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Commander Tactics
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2010-03-17, 19:32   #41
Bonsai

Default Re: Experiences of a PRT Commander

Looks like I`m supposed to show up here?

Will post some plans as soon as I get access to the PRT barracks again.

Michael_Denmark and Huntermed - simply sign up for CATA for the PRT and you`ll get access back.

And of course I would welcome it to have some NATO input. All COs I met were worthy opponents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicca View Post
DANG, we need a NATO CO thread:P

Here is all the NATO commanders i can think of.

Mars, Eddiereyes, Scot, Smeg, Jigsaw, Funk, Tirak, hmmm. Well yeah thats everyone, i joined late c6 so i wasnt really aware of all the COs.
Shame on you Wicca, you forgot Casualty_UR.
Bonsai is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 20:01   #42
Michael_Denmark

Good stuff Hunter. Thanks for sharing.

Also, isn't there a piece of video from that Bi Ming battle available? Think i spotted a video-snippet, in the tourney forums at some point?

Showing some defenders on a roof and som arty music on their right, or something? Cant remember.

Quote:
Looks like I`m supposed to show up here?

Will post some plans as soon as I get access to the PRT barracks again.

Michael_Denmark and Huntermed - simply sign up for CATA for the PRT and you`ll get access back.

And of course I would welcome it to have some NATO input. All COs I met were worthy opponents.

Yes please! Would be nice to see all CATA/NATO CO´s, deploy some/all of their plans.

Bonsai, I would love to sign up, but i cant run the game on my present PC, thus i wouldn't be much a help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicca View Post
DANG, we need a NATO CO thread:P

Here is all the NATO commanders i can think of.

Mars, Eddiereyes, Scot, Smeg, Jigsaw, Funk, Tirak, hmmm. Well yeah thats everyone, i joined late c6 so i wasnt really aware of all the COs.
Its true, you missed CAS? How could you do that? Have you any idea how much headache he gave us during those battles? Any idea at all?

I agree with Bonsai on this one, shame on you sir.

As i just stated in an earlier post this thread, the ordinary player, has no clue about the amount of work we deploy in the dynamic.
Michael_Denmark is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 12:06   #43
HunterMed
Supporting Member

Quote:
Also, isn't there a piece of video from that Bi Ming battle available? Think i spotted a video-snippet, in the tourney forums at some point?

Showing some defenders on a roof and som arty music on their right, or something? Cant remember.
Yep, maxboz recorded that one.
PRT C7B7 Bi Ming Arty Strike - Xfire Video

HunterMed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 13:33   #44
Drav
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Hunter that was one of my favourite games from C7.....especially as our first plan was so poor, but we took a gamble after testing it and it worked flawlessly......loved it!
Drav is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 13:42   #45
HunterMed
Supporting Member

Yep, that really showed how important interteam-trainings can be, hehe!
I was glad that we changed the plan too

Old 2010-03-18, 15:24   #46
Aquiller
Supporting Member

Hey, nice to see you guys Michael, Bonsai and Hunter!
Aquiller is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 15:30   #47
MaxBooZe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterMed View Post
Yep, maxboz recorded that one.
PRT C7B7 Bi Ming Arty Strike - Xfire Video
Ah right and to add in to some "Commanding" IIRC my first PRT battle Leading a squad Not too long before Dragons got disbanded
MaxBooZe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 15:36   #48
Michael_Denmark

Thanks Hunter/Max, for the video-link! Cool stuff, is their a full video of that battle, available?

A few questions, maybe more will follow if thas okay.

Qwai River
  1. You decided to use combined arms, as core tool, to slowly overcome the opposing units, (and you mention the asset-advantage as your focus-point), but how was the rest of the team organised, - in separated arms units?
  2. Was the idea to have this combined arms unit as lead actor if you will, while the rest of the units would be service units to its performance?
  3. If yes, did that create any team-cohesion-challenges?
  4. Also, was their any strategically reason/s behind the decision, going for the combined arms solution on that map?
  5. Did you have any specific doubts, about using a combined arms unit, in such a assumed slow battle, with those randomly flags popping up?
  6. Can you describe how the combined arms unit actually made it out/the tactics it used?

Bi Ming
  1. Also, during your time as CATA 2 CO, was the K/D ratio being exploited in training-activities? Or at least focused on?
  2. If yes, how did the team react/adjust?
  3. In regard to the use of the AOR system, in the Bi Ming area it self, any idea at all, why it was not able to decrease the chaos factor? Trigger orders lacking? Not enough training/squad-awareness? Non-useful AOR layout? (hope its ok im asking)

Sunset City
  1. I had no idea you were one squad down in the Bi Ming battle, (don't recall that from our talk) - what was the reason for that squad missing? Couldn't CATA 3 have provided you with a squad? (read that wrongly, thanks Max)

Muttrah City

Quote:
I read in the CATA 2 victory thread that these attacks kept NATO guessing what we do next - this is a good sign!
  1. How did you/team come to that conclusion? Feelings? Changed enemy battle-profile in rytm?

Last edited by Michael_Denmark; 2010-03-18 at 16:10..
Old 2010-03-18, 15:55   #49
MaxBooZe

The 1 squad down thing was on Sunset City not Bi Ming. Or at least from my memory.
MaxBooZe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 16:27   #50
HunterMed
Supporting Member

Qwai River

Quote:
1. You decided to use combined arms, as core tool, to slowly overcome the opposing units, (and you mention the asset-advantage as your focus-point), but how was the rest of the team organised, - in separated arms units?
There were 2 pure inf squads, Tiger Platoon. I am not so sure about Leopards anymore though...
1 (or 2) Mechanized infantry squad and 1 armor squad with a scout afaik.
But as said I dont remember exactly how many were in each squad.
For an exact setup I would have to consult the plan that I dont have on my PC, should be in the CATA archives of course...
Quote:
2. Was the idea to have this combined arms unit as lead actor if you will, while the rest of the units would be service units to its performance?
We knew that the US team would be first at any position on the map with HMMVS or LBs. As result we planned to move slowly and bring in our strong point the heavy firepower.
There were no service units like you say though. Dragons maybe, but I dont remember exactly. At the end they formed together with Cougars afaik...

Quote:
3. If yes, did that create any team-cohesion-challenges?
No.

Quote:
4. Also, was their any strategically reason/s behind the decision, going for the combined arms solution on that map?
It was simply better. APCs as firesupport and transport without a long line of whispers etc.

Quote:
5. Did you have any specific doubts, about using a combined arms unit, in such a assumed slow battle, with those randomly flags popping up?
No.

Quote:
6. Can you describe how the combined arms unit actually made it out/the tactics it used?
Well, the APC stood as linebacker and was called in for firesupport and basically overlooked the infantry moving from A to B. That worked pretty good I think.

Bi Ming

Quote:
1. I had no idea you were one squad down in the Bi Ming battle, (don't recall that from our talk) - what was the reason for that squad missing? Couldn't CATA 3 have provided you with a squad?
That was Sunset City, there was no any specific reason for the men shortness... Also it wasn't 1 squad completly missing but from all squads 1 or 2 people missing. So basically every unit missed 1 man I think.
Quote:
2. Also, during your time as CATA 2 CO, was the K/D ratio being exploited in training-activities? Or at least focused on?
I dont think so no. But a good k/d ratio and killing assets is the only thing that counts in PR. I mean capouts can happen too or a heavy bleed, but not very often. So obviously everybody knew that a good k/d would mean victory...

Quote:
4. In regard to the use of the AOR system, in the Bi Ming area it self, any idea at all, why it was not able to decrease the chaos factor? Trigger orders lacking? Not enough training/squad-awareness? Non-useful AOR layout? (hope its ok im asking)
Well, I corrected my post there a bit. I added a "at first". In the beginning it was chaotic but it got better.
Problem was though that NATO didnt attack from the same direction all the time
And yes I think there were no written trigger orders if we cap Bi Ming completly, but I am not 100% sure about that.

Quote:
Muttrah City

Quote:
I read in the CATA 2 victory thread that these attacks kept NATO guessing what we do next - this is a good sign!

1. How did you/team come to that conclusion? Feelings? Changed enemy battle-profile in rytm?
No because it was written there... Someone from NATO wrote: "That kept us guessing"

I would be interested though what you do with all that answers... I mean you seem to put a lot of work into those questions?

Tags
commander, experiences, prt