project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2007
29 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-29, 11:28   #41
Harrelson

this will force pilots to release flares randomly in a hostile area which to me is realistic
Old 2007-12-29, 13:00   #42
RHYS4190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
This sounds great, especially with the helicopters. I hope pilots will now understand the hide, seek and destroy method, instead of rushing in weapons hot.
You kind had too other wise you could not use your main cannon due to it not being able to zoom.
Old 2007-12-29, 13:55   #43
Farks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHYS4190 View Post
You kind had too other wise you could not use your main cannon due to it not being able to zoom.
You can zoom with C (deafult).
Old 2007-12-29, 14:25   #44
Hotrod525

i have find a video showing a real helicoptere take it down by ADATS..

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=qp55kRuBb9U

At 2min... look... the helicoptere was destroyed in 0.01 seconds...

Old 2007-12-29, 14:45   #45
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Loving the changes. Definitely digging the helicopter descent rate, got to get in more helo practice when .7 comes out.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

Old 2007-12-30, 04:22   #46
Gas4ayear

Thats what always killed me when i was on the BH was not coming down fast enough and getting pwned by the ground when it moved out from under me.
Old 2007-12-30, 11:09   #47
TF6049

I think that radar shouldn't lock below a certain distance (say 20 feet).

It doesn't IRL.
Old 2007-12-30, 15:01   #48
Gas4ayear

Im pretty sure all this reality is going to drive away any 'nilla noobs, which is a good thing, but its also going to drive my death count up like something that goes really high really fast
Old 2007-12-30, 20:19   #49
agentscar

Welp,Looks like I gotta get even MORE PRO with my A-10/SU-25 and F-16,lol.
Old 2007-12-31, 00:59   #50
Z-trooper
Retired PR Developer

I just LOVE this change, however I personally fear that we will see no more air vehicles in the air due to new/young players wanting to fly the 1337ZOMG aircraft and just search around for targets.

This is not just all made up BS comming from me. I have not once EVER sat foot in a attack helicopter since the last public beta. That is right, I have never sat foot in the apache yet. I want to try it, but I have never had the chance to do it. And I'm ranked Sgt.Maj on ABR servers so its not like I dont play the game

0.5 I was basically only a A-10 CAS'er working with either the commander or my squad to set markers where they needed support. that was the good old days for me, and I miss it so badly. Hopefully I can get to try that again now that teamwork is a bigger factor in this game.

Also, if the plane only has 30 flares on board, then why only have a short reload time of 30s? why not make it as long as a reload/landing-takeoff would take. That way people will watch out when they have used the flares and not just fly around in a corner of the map for 30 sec.

"Without geometry, life is pointless"
Closed Thread

Tags
flares, gameplay