project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2010-07-12, 06:03   #41
Kim Jong ill
Default Re: Kit for TOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opening Post
So maybe, a kit for the TOW should be cool I mean, not a crewman kit wich can be requested like a usual kit, but a limited kit.
It's pretty clear k?
Kim Jong ill is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 06:46   #42
alberto_di_gio

"You need a CREWMAN kit to operate this TOW"

that sounds good actually. But still previously suggested restrictions should also be applied like reducing the ammo and zoom number.
alberto_di_gio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 08:50   #43
Damian(>>>PL

Quote:
Originally Posted by killonsight95 View Post
i did read the prev pages i even commented on them....
and i know that but its not "the" crewman kit it'd be the TOW kit which he said "crewmen" as in the kit to man vehicals....
also the kit isn't there to stop TOW snipers its there to amke the game more realistic as in not everyone in the army can operate a TOW
You can call AutomaticRiffleman "Uber couper pro RAMBO kit" and it will still be a AR(you get it ??).

Only one change after adding "specjalized kit to operate stationar assest"(is this name ok) will be fact thet after killing guy on TOW not everyone will be able to take his position, but it can't stop TOW snipers.

I think reducing zoom is unrealistick, and will not change anytching.
Damian(>>>PL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 09:08   #44
alberto_di_gio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian(>>>PL View Post
I think reducing zoom is unrealistick, and will not change anytching.
so you think a sniper rifle without a scope is still a sniper rifle?

plus if you check people are not suggesting it alone. A package with reducing zoom+reducing ammo+crewman kit+need 2 sq member would work out.
alberto_di_gio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 12:26   #45
Proceed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amir View Post
So, the plan is to make a kit similar to the crewman kit but with another name and to make it limited. Read the previous page's
But what would it change about abusing the TOW ?

Privet s Germanij
Proceed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 13:28   #46
Ford_Jam

Can someone explain in one or two lines why you should need a special kit to crew the TOW? I'm not understanding.

Forcing you to get a kit to use it will just be a chore that will annoy and frustrate. I don't see any real benefit to gameplay
Ford_Jam is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 13:50   #47
Kim Jong ill

Go read the thread, don't be lazy. I've already made it perfectly clear. If you cannot make the effort to read the entirety of the thread then don't post OK?
Kim Jong ill is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 14:48   #48
Psyrus
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Jong ill View Post
Go read the thread, don't be lazy. I've already made it perfectly clear. If you cannot make the effort to read the entirety of the thread then don't post OK?
Yes mr forum moderator

Fordjam, they're saying you should need a crewman[like] kit because as it stands if the awesome sniper kills the guy manning the tow, another can just fill his boots. This suggestion would mean that you'd now need a specialized kit to operate the tow, thus increasing the time between remanning the tow by a little bit, or none at all if a team with half a brain just put a supply crate next to the tow
Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 15:02   #49
Kim Jong ill

Quote:
When you die on a stationary weapon your kit is lost, if a kit is limited to a certain number on one team then you have effectively limited the number of trained operators available on the field. This is the entire point of the limited kit system, which the effectiveness of is increased dramatically when you take into account you cannot take the kit from the dead gunner's body.
Dayum, guess you can't read aye? Shape up or shut up, stop ignoring what's being said in the thread because you're contributing nothing.

As has already been said, this would come as part as package of revisions to the TOW system to create balance. God dammit, I don't have a problem with people who have a different POV but if you cannot be screwed to read a massive *smirk* 40-50 odd post thread then you have no right to post an ignorant opinion about it.

User received an infraction for flaming - Jigsaw
Last edited by Jigsaw; 2010-07-13 at 15:42..
Old 2010-07-13, 15:36   #50
Psyrus
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Dayum, guess you can't read aye? Shape up or shut up, stop ignoring what's being said in the thread because you're contributing nothing.

As has already been said, this would come as part as package of revisions to the TOW system to create balance. God dammit, I don't have a problem with people who have a different POV but if you cannot be screwed to read a massive *smirk* 40-50 odd post thread then you have no right to post an ignorant opinion about it.
To be honest, your viewpoint on what rights I have or don't have are largely irrelevant to me. That being said I had followed the first few posts in the thread and picked up a couple, but since I know the devs are making their own changes, threads like this don't really interest me that much, and I was mostly just responding to your very average attitude that you displayed towards ford.

I take issue with people telling others when they can and can't express their opinions or thoughts.

Edit: Although of course you are right in the sense that my summary did misrepresent Amir's subsequent suggestion of a team-limited kit, not just a requested kit. And for the record I disagree with the suggestion on the basis that it does not have the equivalent restriction on the other side of the equation (armour).
Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
kit, tow