project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2010-08-01, 13:45   #41
Pronck
Supporting Member

Default Re: Ideas that could drastically change gameplay.

I think that bomb-cars with a big load of C4 should be able to kill a tank/apc when they really drive into them (except for the front armor). And something like a Rifleman EOD kit (Was suggested by someone before) would also make the BLUFOR less scared for IEDs, because now it's more a present for the insurgents when you want to defuse their explosives, because of the C4 and the AT-Mines.

We are staying up!
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 14:01   #42
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhunty View Post
But they don't!!! In CQB, which is found in most insurgency maps, the insurgents are just as well, if not better armed than the blufor. Think about it- in the city blufor have:
  • No Armour support
  • No Firebase support
  • No CAS
  • No Spawnpoints anywhere near their location

Whereas insurgents on the other hand have:
  • Vehicular support in the way of Technicals and bomb cars
  • Hideouts supplying amazing spawn locations right next to caches
This is completely untrue; infact its the total opposite situation. Blu has ample oppurtunity to get fire support, just look at Basrah and Karbala, 2 maps where the majority of fighting is either in open spaces or on the city outskirts where the tanks/APCs/LB's fire in.

I honestly cannot believe people complain about the Insurgents being 'overpowered' when majority of servers run a 4 hour map. How is it to get the 7 caches in that time if here in Australia (2 hour round times) we can do it in 20 minutes?

Quote:
And then infantry wise Insurgents are DEFINATELY equal to blufor:
  • Insurgent weapons are far superior in CQB (think about AKS-U, AKs, Shotguns, IEDs etc compared to M16s and SA-80s... in CQB they are pretty much superior)
  • Even at long range an Insurgent squad will almost always have one Blufor Kit with a scope- Squads im in regularly have all 6 members with blufor kits
  • The civilian performs exactly the same as a medic
  • Weapons from cache give an extra punch
When was the last time you played PR? Have you used a shotgun recently? Do you know about shotgun intel?

The civilian performs in no way that the same as medic. The Civilian has no ways to defend himself other than using rocks, and has an extended spawn time for getting knifed.

Quote:
If you think about it it is no wonder BluFor always seem to hit a brick wall when they go after any urban cache location...
They don't. The 25+ ticket addition means that the Blufor can often suicide rush a cache with little care for their own life. My favorite tactic is to simply rush with my squad in and shoot the cache to death, since its faster than using an incendiary.

That is stupid, you say? Not really considering we then get the tickets back that we just died for, and then some.

Claiming the Insurgents are overpowered is fraudulent and stupid, in a game that promotes balance they are currently the most underpowered faction, due to the most obvious of flaws.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 14:14   #43
NyteMyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by X1 Spriggan View Post
Anti- Tank

-LAT should be more quickly assembled and more quickly be accurate( have you ever tried shooting a rampaging APC???)
-One LAT hit to any APC is disabled track and turret
- Second hit is Death
- The HAT should NOT be guided at all for game plays sake or should be removed out right
- One TOW shot should only disable turret and tracks to tanks, second is death ( APC should be killed outright)
That sounds familiar
NyteMyre is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 15:11   #44
superhunty
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
This is completely untrue; infact its the total opposite situation. Blu has ample oppurtunity to get fire support, just look at Basrah and Karbala, 2 maps where the majority of fighting is either in open spaces or on the city outskirts where the tanks/APCs/LB's fire in.

I honestly cannot believe people complain about the Insurgents being 'overpowered' when majority of servers run a 4 hour map. How is it to get the 7 caches in that time if here in Australia (2 hour round times) we can do it in 20 minutes?

When was the last time you played PR? Have you used a shotgun recently? Do you know about shotgun intel?

The civilian performs in no way that the same as medic. The Civilian has no ways to defend himself other than using rocks, and has an extended spawn time for getting knifed.

They don't. The 25+ ticket addition means that the Blufor can often suicide rush a cache with little care for their own life. My favorite tactic is to simply rush with my squad in and shoot the cache to death, since its faster than using an incendiary.

That is stupid, you say? Not really considering we then get the tickets back that we just died for, and then some.

Claiming the Insurgents are overpowered is fraudulent and stupid, in a game that promotes balance they are currently the most underpowered faction, due to the most obvious of flaws.
Your just arguing for the sake of arguing and not actually acknowledging many, if any, of my points. For instance the point I made about insurgent infantry weapons. Shotguns were a very small part of my post yet you pick on that simply because you think you have a valid point about it. In CQB Insurgent > BluFor Weapons.

Questioning whether I even play the game is another poor comment, simply because you don't have a clue what your talking about.

And while I agree with your vehicle firing in point, that is again a very small and insignificant comeback. This is because caches are found all over the city and not just on the periphery. In Karbala especially- I can't even think why you would use that as an example!?!

And civilians- with proper use they can be MORE effective than a medic. There I said it. Medics are easy prey, civilians are not and no one ever kills them now as they are so scared of the massive respawn time if they do- EVEN when the civvie is performing medical duties.

And the hideouts providing such amazing respawn locations compared to the BluFor? Do you have any comeback for that or did you just conveniantly miss it out because there is none?

Or the fact Insurgents almost always have BluFor weapons? Any comebacks? No as there aren't any.

Face it mate, you are pissing in the wind.

My suggestion to fix all this heartache- bring back the old rally system for Insurgency maps only. Provide good squads with better respawn locations and the onslaught of better armed insurgents can be prevented.
Last edited by superhunty; 2010-08-01 at 19:09..
Old 2010-08-01, 15:37   #45
Amir
Banned

Scoped rifles are popular ? I rather shooting a unsoped one on every map except Kashan =D Even M249's.
You have more chance that you'll have a close engagement on maps like Muttrah or so.

And also at the point of insurgency; if you look on a well-played match you'll see that OPFOR has deaths 250 to 300 deaths and the BLUEFOR 100 to 150 deaths. So this means you have to be lucky and do your goddamn thing in insurgency as BLUEFOR instead of a frontal attack on a "possibly known cache".
With this thing you said about "bluefor are scared"; that's their own problem. They have tanks, apc's, attack heli's.

I'm ok with the rest. Though, the LAT and TOW thing; LAT should destroy an APC in a slow way and so would the TOW do with tanks. Giving the crewmen the time to think.
Just let the apc/tank burn for a while till it explode; like 30 seconds or so with here and there some things disabled.

What I've also seen in much movies (lol) is that when a tank get's hit from that it keeps riding sometimes (do not flame on me if I'm wrong), this would be cool ?
Amir is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 16:17   #46
boilerrat

Quote:

And while I agree with your vehicle firing in point, that is again a very small and insignificant comeback. This is because caches are found all over the city and not just on the periphery. In Karbala especially- I can't even think why you would use that as an example!?!

And civilians- with proper use they can be MORE effective than a medic. There I said it. Medics are easy prey, civilians are not and no one ever kills them now as they are so scared of the massive respawn time if they do- EVEN when the civvie is performing medical duties.

-Total BS, I am killed instantly as a civilian no matter what I was just doing.

And the hideouts providing such amazing respawn locations compared to the BluFor? Do you have any comeback for that or did you just conveniantly miss it out because there is none?

-Do hideouts have heavy machine gun nests and foxholes and TOWs? Can our spawn points be placed instantly by our squad leader?

Or the fact Insurgents almost always have BluFor weapons? Any comebacks? No as there aren't any.

-I rarely ever have them, they aren't as abundant as you would think. Often if any blufor dies their kit is sitting on that hill they camp from instead of taking objectives.

Face it mate, you are pissing in the wind.

-No u

My suggestion to fix all this heartache- bring back the old rally system for Insurgency maps only. Provide good squads with better respawn locations and the onslaught of better armed insurgents can be prevented.

-I'm not sure how many times you have actually played as Insurgents, we usually end up being cannon fodder for the whole round while lightly defending.
Message in red
boilerrat is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 18:34   #47
superhunty
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerrat View Post
Message in red
Mate think about what your saying! If you are a civilian and are killed the whole time it is still a negative for the BluFor! So you are simply backing up your own point!!!

And when was the last time you saw a firebase in the city on Basrah or Karbala that was effective? What use are HMGs and TOWs in a built up slum? NONE!!! Honestly think about your experiences in game before trying to make your points!

And I dont know what your saying about BluFor kits hard to find? Every single time Im in a squad at least one of it will have a BluFor kit.

And your point about a squad leader being able to deploy a Firebase with no hassle makes no sense? BluFor need crates and builders, OpFor simply need one officer who has a shovel himself?
superhunty is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 18:36   #48
boilerrat

Quote:
Mate think about what your saying! If you are a civilian and are killed the whole time it is still a negative for the BluFor! So you are simply backing up your own point!!!

And when was the last time you saw a firebase in the city on Basrah or Karbala that was effective? What use are HMGs and TOWs in a built up slum? NONE!!! Honestly think about your experiences in game before trying to make your points!

And I dont know what your saying about BluFor kits hard to find? Every single time Im in a squad at least one of it will have a BluFor kit.

And your point about a squad leader being able to deploy a Firebase with no hassle makes no sense? BluFor need crates and builders, OpFor simply need one officer who has a shovel himself?
I was pointing to rally points and FOBs vs undefended hideouts.... they don't have to be in the city.

I'm not arguing.
boilerrat is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 19:09   #49
superhunty
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerrat View Post
I was pointing to rally points and FOBs vs undefended hideouts.... they don't have to be in the city.

I'm not arguing.
Ahhh thats a shame... as you can tell I love a bit of argumentative banter! Oh and the "piss in the wind" comment... I didnt think many non-brits would understand it?

Yeah the problem is that on the outskirts of the city even the best built FB ever with wire, foxholes, HMGs, AAs, TOWs etc is still far inferior to a simple hideout hidden near the cache in the city... For all their technology BluFor cannot have a clear line of sight into the city from outside.

Giving them back a system like the old rally system would allow them to at least gain a foothold INSIDE the city, allowing them to launch a search for the cache which lasts more than just one life. Or say a rally point which expires after 10 minutes?
superhunty is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 19:40   #50
Murphy

You believe BluFor is underpowered compared to Insurgents? Obviously you don't play with people who know what they are doing. BluFor is way overpowered compared to Insurgents, especially if they know how to use armor, and which weapons are effective. Last night on Falujah in my inf squad went 85+ and 23(ish), K wise that is (I had roughly half those kills from iron sight SAW). I think BluFor is way overpowered when they play to their advantages, and if the Insurgents try playing the map like AAS or something similar to that they will always lose.

Most of these suggestions have merit, some of them seem like you just want rebalance and others seem a little excessive. Either way I hope the devs take some of these suggestions and make them reality.
Murphy is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
change, drastically, gameplay, ideas