project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-19, 14:38   #41
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Downloading through torrent now @ 500kb/s and uploading @ 50kb/s. Keep sharing the good stuff!

Old 2007-09-19, 14:57   #42
RikiRude
Retired PR Developer

Expect to see me on here tonight! I have been playing god of war 2 and CoH OF beta for the past couple weeks, but now that this is out ill be all over PR the next coming weeks!

Proud n00b tub3r of 5 spam bots!
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]2Slick4U
That's like being the smartest kid with down syndrome.
Old 2007-09-19, 15:08   #43
ZephyrDraevyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]RikiRude View Post
Expect to see me on here tonight! I have been playing god of war 2 and CoH OF beta for the past couple weeks, but now that this is out ill be all over PR the next coming weeks!
That sounds SO wrong coming from someone with PR Dev tags.... =/

WE DEMAND 24/7 DEVNESS !

C'mon, snap to it... 0.62 by this time next week ! 4 new armies, all bugs fixed, unlockable weaponry... the lot

-GRIN-

Then you can get started on more maps

j/k really - good job all =)
Old 2007-09-19, 15:16   #44
Ragni<RangersPL>

Most of my connections in to a servers ended up with crashing my game down and kicking back to a desktop. I assume thats because those servers didn't had latest version of PR Server Files. I'm downloading full PR v0.61 Client just in case of complite reinstall of PR.

-> I've noticed that you removed one seat from Merlin... now the Merlin is not able to carry full squad (6 soldiers) around the battlefield.

-> I tried to run LAN server with Kashan Desert 32 to see those WAH - 64 Apache. Sure they look greate but they have problems with sounds. While sitting in cockpit (pilot/gunner) i have noticed that rotor spin-up sound is missing during startup and also there is no sound of increasing and decreasing power output of an engine during flight. I didn't check if those sounds are also missing from the external point of view (for someone who stands next to the helicopter). The same problem is with MECs Mi-28 Havoc. I don't know does this problem also exists on the on-line servers. Does anybody else also have the same bug_like_thing or it's just something wrong with my PR client?
Old 2007-09-19, 15:27   #45
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Wow, those new camo look amazing. HUGE improvement over the old ones. no offense
They really do look a million times more real and less cartoony!
Cant wait to see the Apache in Kashan, Im sure a few servers will be running 24/7 32 player Kashan huh? just for those Apache lovers
Cant wait to play this with my new sound card!
Old 2007-09-19, 15:31   #46
SuperTimo

nice one guys the new skins look sweet as anything! love the apache too keep up the good work!
Old 2007-09-19, 16:07   #47
tehnubbucket

Ok this patch has just messed my PR mod up altogether and I'm REALLY mad.
Here is what it goes like:
- Downloaded patch.
- Installed it using "Custom Installation"
- Restarted comp
- Tried PR and got on a server
- Crash to desktop
- Tried again but a server with the PR patch
- Crash to desktop
- Removed PR 0.5 from comp (so I have PR 0.6 and patch)
- Re-downloaded the patch and installed
- Deleted the "pr" folder under "mods" in the "Battlefield 2" folder.
- Re-tried PR but brings up the normal Battlefield 2, PR won't work now, I can't access it at all.

Can anybody tell me how to get PR and the patch working without downloading the full client, it is 1.4GB and that's too much for a mod. Or is this the only way?
Old 2007-09-19, 16:11   #48
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

You need to download the full client. For some people, the patch isn't working. Sorry, but that's your solution really.

1.5GB for a mod is quite normal these days . But if you have a bandwidth limit, that's pretty bollocks. But perhaps a friend can download it for you and burn it on a DVD?

Old 2007-09-19, 16:16   #49
tehnubbucket

I re-installed the patch again, and I got told that you may need to install patch 1.41 again for normal BF2, restart comp then try. I will try that then reply.
Old 2007-09-19, 16:20   #50
OldSchoolSoldier

Awesome
Closed Thread

Tags
patch, project, reality, release, released, v061