project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
13 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2020-10-22, 16:57   #41
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor
Default Re: Oneshot Garand

stop calling it G41, it's a G43

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-22, 17:02   #42
VTRaptor

I knew there was something off about that G number xD
VTRaptor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-22, 19:29   #43
Rabbit

Yes how dare they change settings on *looks at notes* 2 whole kits!
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-23, 09:08   #44
PBAsydney
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
stop calling it G41, it's a G43
Oh god. It's as egregious as saying AK-47 when it's clearly an AKM.

I should commit sudoku.

HITREG CARRY
PBAsydney is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-23, 14:34   #45
[R-CON]​Frontliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBAsydney View Post
Oh god. It's as egregious as saying AK-47 when it's clearly an AKM.
Superficial resemblance, caliber and magazine capacity aside, the guns are noticeably different IRL, the G43 is not an updated version of the G41 in the same manner an AKM would be to a 47 - setting aside the lessons learned by the G41's shortcomings. And although none of the mechanical differences or the reliability issues of the 41 can be modeled in the game, the main advantage of the G43, the detachable magazine, would.

Not at all me trying to split hairs but what would you know?

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Old 2020-10-23, 14:41   #46
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

okay back to topic pls

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-30, 10:49   #47
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Updated in patch

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/sho...74#post2207274

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-04, 15:55   #48
sgt.maze2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTRaptor View Post
Well, I disagree, these weapons shouldn't be nerfed. But i see that a bunch of friends banded together on this and already spammed out the topic.

One taps are fun. Also, there's no body armor in ww2 and most weapons use 7.62 or larger cartrige so it makes sense that this thing will drop you right away.

What amazes me, is that it usually takes very, very long argument about it and in most cases, it is not enough to make devs change their minds on something. Here you have few people saying "do this" "yes please" and "+1" in span of 5 minutes and the result is making ww2 less fun for many, including me, an infantry player.

Keep it as it is.
100% agree. I don't agree that there should be change. There's no difference between the k98 and the gewehr43 when it comes to damage, they both use exactly the same round. IRL the germans had a disadvantage in close combat obviously and the m1 was considerably better in CQB than the k98 but the all german squads should had the mg42. I think they should give mg42 to all squads since that historically accurate which is a buff to the germans without unrealisticlly changing the damage. I mean these maps are set in the late war so it'd make sense. I don't support realistic values being tweaked for the sake of "balance" because u can change the tactics, the germans have other strengths over the US army naturally without artificially tweaking damage values.
sgt.maze2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-05, 11:01   #49
mebel
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt.maze2 View Post
100% agree. I don't agree that there should be change. There's no difference between the k98 and the gewehr43 when it comes to damage, they both use exactly the same round. IRL the germans had a disadvantage in close combat obviously and the m1 was considerably better in CQB than the k98 but the all german squads should had the mg42. I think they should give mg42 to all squads since that historically accurate which is a buff to the germans without unrealisticlly changing the damage. I mean these maps are set in the late war so it'd make sense. I don't support realistic values being tweaked for the sake of "balance" because u can change the tactics, the germans have other strengths over the US army naturally without artificially tweaking damage values.
100% agree also.
mebel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-05, 12:43   #50
[R-CON]​Frontliner

We all in the team are aware that fracturing the damage due to "fire rate" is a silly idea, but we're also considering playability and, believe it or not, fun. Forcing the German team to mimic the "by the books" look of the Gruppe der Infantrie according to the 1939-1942 teachings, we'd be equipping them with 1 MP40/Kar98k, 1 MG42/34 and 6 Kar98ks(primary arms). To further facilitate the actual ratio of arms, MGs can only be selected at 8 players in squad. This ought to be possible, I guess.

But I can already tell you that forcing these kinds of restrictions onto the German team results in more than just a few REEEEEEs from the community. With the exception of Omaha and Merville where the German team is only on the defense, it's going to be a huge mess for the German team to mount any kind of offensive due to the Kar98k being notoriously weak on the move/in CQB/in an offensive role. Currently both our "Wehrmacht" and "Fallschirmjäger" subfactions however have the ability to boost their offensive prowess by eg. using the StG44 over the MG34, or by having the the StG become the SL weapon and the FG42/MP40 selectable in the Auto Rifle class. Playability takes precendence over the alleged realism stipulated by people here is the key.