project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Australian Forces
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Australian Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Australian Forces.

Old 2010-01-07, 11:49   #41
Maxfragg

Default Re: [Vehicle] M1A1 AIM

screams for bumbmaps
Old 2010-01-07, 12:09   #42
Snazz
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
According to what pictures of the 1 Armored Abrams' I could find, the M1A1 AIM doesn't use a commander's CITV which is only present on M1A2's. I assume it is staying on the model for practical reasons?
I imagine they'll just use the M1A1 model from USI.
Old 2010-01-07, 12:36   #43
Maxfragg

just like PR 0.9 will ...
Old 2010-01-07, 21:17   #44
anglomanii

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]Gu^n3r View Post
FYI: New M1A1 barracuda camoflauge(was a low res picture posted before but thought we need some more to show it off abit more)

Source: Military vehicle camouflage | Ben and Camera
the aslavs are getting the same camo as well as part of the life extension program.
Old 2010-01-08, 04:15   #45
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglomanii View Post
the aslavs are getting the same camo as well as part of the life extension program.
It looks sort of like it would interfere with working parts, look at the commanders .50, could the charging handle even move?

Looks exactly like swede/norwegian cam with those trippy shapes.

anglo do you have a source on the life extension program? I'd like to see what other changes are being made to the LAV.
Old 2010-01-14, 04:42   #46
anglomanii

as a addition to this, i have it on good authority 1cav is trialing a varley built gunshield and crew protection add on kit, i dont know what it looks like but it's supposed to give the commander a procted firing position.

also a light khonesberg(i cant remember how to spell) RWS has been spotted on both the m1 and aslav(25mm equiped lav25). whether these are going to be in service i dont know , but it's some thing to think about.
Old 2010-04-20, 12:15   #47
anglomanii

A number of M1A1 have progressed through an urban warfare upgrade under project Land 907 – described as Australian version of the tank urban survivability kit (TUSK). The kit comprises ‘Abrams’ Reactive Armour Tile (ARAT) sets to provide additional protection against rocket-propelled grenades and other similar closerange threat systems. A remote
thermal sight also enables the M1A1 crew commander to employ his 12.7mm machine gun
from under armour, and a loader’s varley armoured gun shield protects the turret crew during operation of the externally mounted loader’s machine gun.
Old 2010-04-21, 05:13   #48
bakehouse

two question..
1.has anyone actully seen our tanks in service?
2. wat tanks are currently on service?
Old 2010-04-21, 06:32   #49
Silverwolf

haha, thats a good question acctually.

From memory we have 59 M1A1 tanks Bakehouse.

I know there is plenty of promo vids of them floating around but they're all taken during training as far as I can tell. Have any of our M1A1s acctually seen active service yet?
Old 2010-04-21, 11:54   #50
anglomanii

no, no active service to date, there is a possibility this may change in a year or so, ADF liaison officers have embedded with American forces for some time, and very recently with Canadian forces too. this is generally considered a precursor to deployment. ie: ARH, chinooks ect....

Tags
aim, m1a1, vehicle